My brother's comments after watching a few minutes of Chimp Ball

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n106604 said:
My thoughts exactly....If I'm Roper I'm getting nervous about being associated with this steamy pile of dung. I said on another board 2 years ago that we might just be better off running the Wishbone since we wouldn't or couldn't throw the ball more than 10-15 times a game. Hell at least the Wishbone would give teams something completely different to prepare for......instead we serve up the same turd over and over.

Our previous coordinators have been quite gracious in not throwing this buffoon under the bus. He has thrown plenty of darts at them but it is crystal clear that he is as useful as a discarded tampon.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106607 said:
Roper made the decision to sign here and it may have derailed his career. I wonder if he would do it again.

I bet he is regretting it big time. He may end up at a smaller school or as a position coach next season temporarily if the right location doesn't open up with the coaching changes. I would think he had a second year guaranteed in his contract however.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
oxrageous;n106607 said:
Roper made the decision to sign here and it may have derailed his career. I wonder if he would do it again.

Yes, and he has $1.2 million coming his way as well.

Roper will be fine. But you have to wonder what made him think he'd find success under Muschamp. It's like a restaurant location that keeps going out of business....and then all of a sudden there's a new restaurant opening up in that same spot....only to fail, yet again. That's what Muschamp is to OC's.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n106201 said:
What it's like to watch Muschamp football.

KCgator's video put out better vibes than Mashedchomp football.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n107127 said:
Yes, and he has $1.2 million coming his way as well.

Roper will be fine. But you have to wonder what made him think he'd find success under Muschamp. It's like a restaurant location that keeps going out of business....and then all of a sudden there's a new restaurant opening up in that same spot....only to fail, yet again. That's what Muschamp is to OC's.

Muschamp can sell. Remember all the assurances we had that he would be hands off on the offense? Who deicded on QB? to praphrase Roper- that's a conversation the head coach would start. And wasn't that the same answer to opening up the passing game? I know it was something else that seemed more like an OC decision.

I wonder if Foley is afraid to let Roper be in charge for 2 weeks because it would demonstrate the contrast of styles. The way it is now, there is room with a good sell, for others ( potential employers, for example) to consider or believe that the offense was of Roper's choosing, not Muschamp's. I imagine mostly having Muschamp coach the remaining 2 games is a courtesy, but it does avoid a potential style contrast being evident. Definitely does not benefit Roper's resume.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one with more than three functioning brain cells believes Chimp wasnt fvkking up the offense.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106607 said:

Derailed? Seriously? He was at Duke in the ACC.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Roper will be fine, everyone can see Chimp is the scourge of offense at this point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So here's what we've learned. It's okay to hire a defensive-minded guy so long as he has a proven record as a head coach. If not ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.