My first impressions

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
D-Rod dropped two passes early on what looked like slant patterns that he is trying to stop and get back to the sidelines.
WHY!
Run through the slant pattern, catch the ball, and take it up the field.
Robinson is good but he's no Sammy Watkins.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
AlexDaGator;n69499 said:
First Impressions:

2. . . . Surely we must have at least one pair of great hands somewhere on this team. A WR has to have somebody he trusts who is consistently on the same page as him. Think Shane Matthews-Willie Jackson, Danny Wueurffel-Chris Doering, Rex Grossman-Jabbar Gaffney, Chris Leak-Ben Troupe.

Alex.

FIFY

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
William Donald Garrett;n69565 said:
Dear Board,
Rather than start another thread, I see the KY and Tenn wins as rather similar. Let us ask ourselves, how does this play out against LSU, SC, Mizzou, Ga, and FSU?
Do I make a false claim that they are better than Tenn or KY? I say the new QB gives us a small chance in these games, I don t want to think of the rest of the season with JD under center.
Enjoy Sunday morning, I will in Augsburg,
Bayern Gator

Not a false claim, just maybe not fully informed. Everyone of those games are winnable by this squad. Bama was winnable.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is sure how improved this offense will be with Harris. There are positives. On his first throw he actually went through a progression throwing to an open receiver to his left. He throws a catchable ball. What coach calls drops are sometimes due to jeff throwing lasers. Sad to hear coach mention playing two qbs I hope it doesn't come to that. Praise Jeff, say it's not his fault, do what you have to but Harris has a scholarship too and deserves to play.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n69555 said:
He is absolutely terrible. There was a play in the 2nd qtr, I think, where he threw the ball to the TE, who was about 2 yards away from him, and he threw it behind him.
Driskel is that friend that when you ask him to toss you a beer, not only does he not underhand it, he will do a crow hop and throw it 90 mph at your face.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n69616 said:
D-Rod dropped two passes early on what looked like slant patterns that he is trying to stop and get back to the sidelines.
WHY!
Run through the slant pattern, catch the ball, and take it up the field.
Robinson is good but he's no Sammy Watkins.
Honestly I think the WRs are fed up with Driskel and aren't willing to make plays for him. The most obvious evidence of this was a play early in the second half when DRob beat Sutton on a stutter and go and had nothing but green grass. Driskel underthrew the route and Drob immediately gave up on it and let Sutton almost get an easy int. I would bet a good amount of money that if one of the freshman threw that exact pass he would have fought for that ball.

That is the only explanation I can come up with. I watch game after game of WRs making plays for their QB on bad throws, and game after game of ours giving up on plays. They are fed up with Driskel and for good reason. Watch the WR play for the rest of the year get a big boost if Muschamp sticks with Treon for the year.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gator Fever;n69551 said:
Some of those drops are from Driskel having no touch on his throws. Throws high and too hard way too much.

Look, I think everyone knows JD is not the QB to lead this team. But bull crap on making excuses for the receivers. Not every pass is going to be perfect. This is D1, big-time, SEC football. Catch the freakin ball!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
RocketCityGator;n69774 said:
Look, I think everyone knows JD is not the QB to lead this team. But bull crap on making excuses for the receivers. Not every pass is going to be perfect. This is D1, big-time, SEC football. Catch the freakin ball!

I agree with this. This is UF. One of the top programs in the country regardless of being in a slump for a few years, we still recruit top talent every year. It doesn't matter who your QB is, if the ball is put where you can get your hands on it, you're expected to catch the damn ball. If they're not giving 100% effort because they have an issue with the QB, then they don't deserve to play imo. You play to win, even if your starting QB isn't the guy you'd rather have back there.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n69776 said:
I agree with this. This is UF. One of the top programs in the country regardless of being in a slump for a few years, we still recruit top talent every year. It doesn't matter who your QB is, if the ball is put where you can get your hands on it, you're expected to catch the damn ball. If they're not giving 100% effort because they have an issue with the QB, then they don't deserve to play imo. You play to win, even if your starting QB isn't the guy you'd rather have back there.
In a perfect world you are right, but this is a time in college football where elite recruits are package deals and you have to offer some 2 star scrub to get his 5 star buddy to talk to you.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
No world beaters left on our schedule. It's conceivable that we could run the table. Particularly, if our defense is back and here to stay.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n69650 said:
Nobody is sure how improved this offense will be with Harris. There are positives. On his first throw he actually went through a progression throwing to an open receiver to his left. He throws a catchable ball. What coach calls drops are sometimes due to jeff throwing lasers. Sad to hear coach mention playing two qbs I hope it doesn't come to that. Praise Jeff, say it's not his fault, do what you have to but Harris has a scholarship too and deserves to play.

Good observations and I think that Jeff sometimes makes selections that are not the easiest, but rather in accordance with his desires. Take the easy throws.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n69785 said:
No world beaters left on our schedule. It's conceivable that we could run the table. Particularly, if our defense is back and here to stay.
I think our D, and particularly the secondary, will be fine. We used the off week to insert Tabor opposite of VH3 which freed up Poole to play the nickel where he should be. We also replaced Gorman with Duke Dawson who will bolster the safety's coverage skills. As long as Keanu " int or broken play" Neal gets more consistent and we quit getting Marcus Maye matched up with slot recievers I can see the secondary being a strength by the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.