Not open for further replies.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a done deal. :clap:

My source: The homeless guy that sleeps under the I4 overpass.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I would definitely be happily surprised, but this name has been circulated so much it's nearly ridiculous to think it true.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My source tells me Duece has been drinking this morning.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those that need a link: [video=youtube;WovrPXMm3LQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovrPXMm3LQ[/video]

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao:

Although I would be surprised, don't think he comes to UF.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Please stop. All this Gruden, Kelly, Harbaugh, etc... talk just makes us look foolish. Like desperate Tennessee fans thinking we can get any coach in the world just by uttering their name. It's ridiculous. What's next, Belichick is coming?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n108212 said:
Please stop. All this Gruden, Kelly, Harbaugh, etc... talk just makes us look foolish. Like desperate Tennessee fans thinking we can get any coach in the world just by uttering their name. It's ridiculous. What's next, Belichick is coming?
It's a message board and I think people are having fun. We all feel free now, like we just got out of a 4-year prison stretch.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Johnny Gruden is as happy as a "gopher in soft dirt" schmoozing on TV. He ain't going anywhere but it's fun to think about. I don't think he wants to coach any more. He prefers the "bright lights" to the side line scowl.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n108216 said:
It's a message board and I think people are having fun. We all feel free now, like we just got out of a 4-year prison stretch.

I'm all for having fun but I think there are some who actually think one of those guys are coming. It's embarrassing. Harbaugh isn't going to quit an NFL gig where he routinely makes the post season to come to Florida.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n108220 said:
I'm all for having fun but I think there are some who actually think one of those guys are coming. It's embarrassing. Harbaugh isn't going to quit an NFL gig where he routinely makes the post season to come to Florida.
I never got the impression that the OP or anyone in this thread actually believes Jon Gruden is coming here. I think the % of fans that think Kelly or Harbaugh is a legitimate possibility is minuscule. In a coaching transition you're always going to get silly names thrown out there.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108228 said:
I never got the impression that the OP or anyone in this thread actually believes Jon Gruden is coming here. I think the % of fans that think Kelly or Harbaugh is a legitimate possibility is minuscule. In a coaching transition you're always going to get silly names thrown out there.

Yup, sort of like Phil Fulmer coming to UF! I hear he can throw together a coaching staff quickly and wants to coach again in the SEC! He fits most of the sources items: Played offense, has SEC ties, etc.! :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the only chucky doll we need on our sidelines is the one that defensive lineman carries out of the locker room...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen how badly his brother Jay is doing with the Redskins? Blown out at home by the Bucs? Hell, he may get fired after one year.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shanahan is an interesting choice but I think Stoops feels right and could clearly hit the ground running. I still wish SOS would come back home but understand that would not be likely to happen. The main thing is that I hope Foley moves quickly and does head out0 on another highly publicized cross country road trip where he ended up with Zook after going 0-3 with the candidates everyone was speculating over (including Stoops).

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n108212 said:

Lighten up Francis!

:dance2:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
im just worried that there won't be any interested takers of this job and we get stuck having to make a reach hire like zook. I pray whoever is hired doesnt suck

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n108555 said:
im just worried that there won't be any interested takers of this job and we get stuck having to make a reach hire like zook. I pray whoever is hired doesnt suck

Well, let's see. So far SOS and Stoops have both said they aren't interested. Petrino and Kiffin are out due to character issues. Guess that narrows the possibilities some.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108236 said:
Have you seen how badly his brother Jay is doing with the Redskins? Blown out at home by the Bucs? Hell, he may get fired after one year.

RGIII looks awful. Shanny broke that guy for good. What a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator