My take on UF and Mullen after 8 games

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the last 7 years!!!

When breaks go against us, our lack of talent and/or depth shows

We were missing Top 2 corners (DBs are THIN)

Mullen is not panicking

Mullen did not turn the ball over

6 plays to go 1 yard and we hold UGA to 3…OUTSTANDING

Mullen does not throw his team under the bus…See FSU

We are not there yet and I did not hear any “Grading Out as Champions”

Look at UGA’s Talent (#4-5****) and look at UF…WHO was out coached?

Take those turnovers away and it is a different game.

AND again…The SEC Refs SUCK this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some solid points. But this is where I think things go off the rails a little bit and we end up with a 7 page fight that becomes absolute vs absolute. We played poorly in several critical series, and it cost us. While he's not wearing a helmet, that still falls on his shoulders to a degree. Mullen is handsomely paid to win, and when he doesn't, outside of some very rare instances, he's going to take at least some of the blame. But that doesn't mean you have to ignore the talent deficiencies that we obviously have at key spots. The only reason this game even had the meaning that it did is because of the job he and his staff have done to put us in the conversation. So some balance needs to be applied here. We need to get back to maximizing the talent we do have, while having some perspective of our season. I didn't like much of what I saw Saturday, but still feel we're in good hands and on the right path.

Hopefully we regroup this week and rally for a challenging two weeks to finish conference play then get ready to crush the noles.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the last 7 years!!!

When breaks go against us, our lack of talent and/or depth shows

We were missing Top 2 corners (DBs are THIN)

Mullen is not panicking

Mullen did not turn the ball over

6 plays to go 1 yard and we hold UGA to 3…OUTSTANDING

Mullen does not throw his team under the bus…See FSU

We are not there yet and I did not hear any “Grading Out as Champions”

Look at UGA’s Talent (#4-5****) and look at UF…WHO was out coached?

Take those turnovers away and it is a different game.

AND again…The SEC Refs SUCK this year.

Danger, danger...... positive vibes detected.....

:yes:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Mullen is coaching a bunch of relatively low level recruits who were demoralized by the worst coach to EVER sideline the SEC.

The fact that we look competent and ranked in the top 15 is a testament to his coaching abilities.

Sure, there was some errors made in games, but how could there not. He’s putting a triage team on the field, and getting some success out of them.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm pretty pleased so far. We lost to a more talented team that outperformed us at 2 positions....DB and QB....other than that it was a evenly matched game. Our OL looked every bit as good as their's shockingly, our RB's made nice cuts and I don't think I would trade ours for theirs...Our DL played some damned good ball. LBer's need to improve in coverage but did OK.

Just need to stay healthy and focused and close out a good season. Oh and recruit our a$$es off and we could be back on track sooner than later.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
All caps, and 3 exclamation points? Hell, a championship must be right around the corner, thanks!

UHHHHH,

We won 4 games last year.

We are bowl eligible with 4 games to go…WITH THE SAME TALENT

We are enjoyable to watch.

We don’t have NORD

And you NEVER thought we would be here this soon...We could be NE or UCLA.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Danger, danger...... positive vibes detected.....

:yes:

Maybe I'm the BAZZA of Chatter?

All I know is that I enjoy UF Football again...Maybe not last week with 3 turn overs but in general I look forward to games now.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UHHHHH,

We won 4 games last year.

We are bowl eligible with 4 games to go…WITH THE SAME TALENT

We are enjoyable to watch.

We don’t have NORD

And you NEVER thought we would be here this soon...We could be NE or UCLA.
You should consider decaf.

I like the job Mullen is doing. Still a big question as to whether he can take us to the next level. There's only one way he has a chance to do that, recruiting, and that's an area that he needs to step up in a hurry.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We are left upset at how they played Saturday's game because it was not like we usually play. .
The new world with DM is that we will learn much toward correction & prevention.
It was our "total bad things game" & against one of the nation's top teams, our "offness" got explosively exploited.

Pop quiz : Who thinks if we played UGa again in 4 weeks that they'd dominate us that easy again?(there's the truth)

Credit's all DM's, due to UGa having the higher choice players. Their OL erased our pass-rush.
Lack of depth hurt in every practice day of 2 weeks, then hurt game day.
Many dump on Mullen's not being a top recruiter. (bet time-performance style improves that.) Still, we've got an HC who will upgrade any 3*s ability when he gets them to start out with. That will bring the higher stars to his door.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You should consider decaf.

I like the job Mullen is doing. Still a big question as to whether he can take us to the next level. There's only one way he has a chance to do that, recruiting, and that's an area that he needs to step up in a hurry.

No worries.
And I don't need Decaf.

Y'all can't have it both ways. Y'all cry we don't have the talent and then cry when one of the most talented teams in D-1 beats us. It was bound to happen...We don't have the talent to overcome missed assignments, several poor throws and 3 turnovers.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
No worries.
And I don't need Decaf.

Y'all can't have it both ways. Y'all cry we don't have the talent and then cry when one of the most talented teams in D-1 beats us. It was bound to happen...We don't have the talent to overcome missed assignments, several poor throws and 3 turnovers.

LAGATOR:

How is this a DRUNK comment?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No worries.
And I don't need Decaf.

I take it back, it's not the coffee, it seems to be the EtOH. Who is crying about what now? This loss shouldn't have surprised anyone. But the only way to compete with UGA consistently is going to be through recruiting. That's what will make or break Mullen's career.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I take it back, it's not the coffee, it seems to be the EtOH. Who is crying about what now? This loss shouldn't have surprised anyone. But the only way to compete with UGA consistently is going to be through recruiting. That's what will make or break Mullen's career.

Understood.

But look what Mullen is doing with the same talent Chump and MacShark had.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because it's delusional?

Really? How?

de·lu·sion·al
- characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Please tell me...or us what pray tell did I say that contradicts reality?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because it's delusional?

Really? How?

de·lu·sion·al
- characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Please tell me...or us what pray tell did I say that contradicts reality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb