My Thoughts on That Horse**** Football Game Last Night

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Nice post and good summary. I agree that Franks doesn't go deer caught in the headlights ala driskel.

But with recruiting on the upswing, unless things really go horsesh#t, Mac ain't going nowhere. Better to think about who he should hire as OC to replace Nuss and ST to replace Nord.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I too thought the interception call was Horseshyt too. He obviously caught it and when he rolled on the ground the receiver grabbed on. Total BS.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what I do now. Don't watch the game. Record it to DVR. If we win, play it back; if we lose, delete it.

Diddo.

Except,I don't care if we win or lose. It's about getting better. McYets first year, I watched every replay to analyze.

Now I'll watch the recording if the consensus is a mildly entertaining game.

I'll give you three guesses on how many recorded games I've watched in the past 2 seasons.

After the LSU game, I'm not even recording them.

Wake me when it's over.

giphy.gif

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Here's what I do now. Don't watch the game. Record it to DVR. If we win, play it back; if we lose, delete it.

This tactic is one I employed in past years due to concerns about heart health and high blood pressure. I watch live now but may return to delayed viewing because masochism is not in my makeup.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franks is pretty lost out there but he hasn't really Driskeled since the Michigan game and is good at just taking the sack or running out of bounds instead of giving the ball to the other team at least.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franks is pretty lost out there but he hasn't really Driskeled since the Michigan game and is good at just taking the sack or running out of bounds instead of giving the ball to the other team at least.
Who other than a coach's son hasn't been lost out there?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who other than a coach's son hasn't been lost out there?

Well he was the only one who didn't look really lost at times but with this coaching staff and system he had some pretty pedestrian outings also.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mac thinks Nuss is doing a good job. If Mac isnt fired this year, Nuss wont be either. Even if he did fire Nuss, I believe he would impose his "take a knee" will on the new guy. We must replace the whole staff.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well he was the only one who didn't look really lost at times but with this coaching staff and system he had some pretty pedestrian outings also.
Grier, also coaches son. Other than that crickets. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

If you didn't already wonder.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This was a very good, unbiased summation of the game.

One thing I'd like to add...
I'm done dumping on Nuss. I know he's become an easy target for us to go after, but he's not to blame. Mac is supposed to be an offensive coach therefore the onus is on Mac to get this team playing better offense. He's the CEO of this football team with a concentration in offense. The fact that he allows Nuss to continue making horrible calls makes him more culpable IMO.

This is like when we had Champ. If the defense falters we weren't gonna try to blame the D coordinator. We knew Champ was the pseudo coordinator anyway, because he had a defensive background. Same thing applies to Mac.

So in short, firing Mac is the only acceptable outcome.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to this side of sanity Sas. This staff is utterly garbage. Just atrocious.

@oxrageous you need to tweet this thread. One of the largest Mac holdovers is finally off the train.

A&M and Georgia may very well beat us by 30 points apiece.

If A&M beats us by over 30 – they need to immediately fire Nuss and Mac - put Skipper in at interim and salvage the season for recruits.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
"Seventh of all, our route trees might as well be a godd*mn pile of brush on the side of the road after a hurricane."

You got a genuine lol from me with this one.

Just curious, how does the bench look? Is there energy? Some "coaching 'em up" or is it ho-hum, we suck, let's sit here and pout and watch Nuss count to potato?

Great post Sas

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Welcome to this side of sanity Sas. This staff is utterly garbage. Just atrocious.

@oxrageous you need to tweet this thread. One of the largest Mac holdovers is finally off the train.

A&M and Georgia may very well beat us by 30 points apiece.

If A&M beats us by over 30 – they need to immediately fire Nuss and Mac - put Skipper in at interim and salvage the season for recruits.

Great idea, but not gonna happen. Scottie Stricklin has the balls of a hamster.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of things - the 3rd and goal scramble by Franks was not needed. He wasn't under pressure and he scramble to the short side of the field.

I was done with this coaching staff after the failed TO against Tennessee.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the signs of a poorly coached football team other than dreadful play on the field is our amazing and stubborn ability to refuse to take advantage of other team's mistakes. There is a perfect example of this in the first quarter. LSU OC draws up a great scoring play. Hiding the back Williams up behind the TE as an upback. The formation says run all the way, but after a ball fake the back slips down the right sideline wide open on a wheel route for an easy touch. Etling misses the wide open man throwing the ball over his head out of bounds. Wow, boy we really dodged that one , right? Not so fast. A couple plays later on 3rd down , Polite whips the right tackle and gets a good pass rush on the QB. Etling throws to his intended receiver well short. We got off the field . Yay! Only there is a flag. Initially I thought they hit Duke with a 15 yard taunting penalty after the silly incomplete motion he did at the LSU bench. Instead it's an egregious hold on a pass play that never had a chance to be completed. They gave us a gift , and we gave it right back. This is what an undisciplined , poorly coached football team does. Moments later we are in nickel and they hit the wide side of the field with a jet sweep. Stiner I believe was the nickel on this play and was blocked, and it's strike up the band. This is just one example of things you see us do on a weekly basis, and Saturday it cost us big time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier, also coaches son. Other than that crickets. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

If you didn't already wonder.
Brissett was fine. But we wanted a fullback instead.

Franks, I dont know. He isnt a Driskel, he isnt in outright panic mode from the snap, but he isnt processing. Part of that is play calling though. We knew he was a huge project. He was even willing tonsit behind Eason if we landed him. It isnt his fault we are forced to play him.

You can crow about Butters' offensive recruiting all you want but he landed 1 four star QB in three years. Chimp landed four.

This is all on Butters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator