My Thoughts on That Horse**** Football Game Last Night

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of things - the 3rd and goal scramble by Franks was not needed. He wasn't under pressure and he scramble to the short side of the field.

I was done with this coaching staff after the failed TO against Tennessee.
LSU had that goal line play covered and covered well. He was trying to extend the play and maybe get a scramble drill TD out of it. I'm pretty sure the routes were to the short side, so he had to scramble that way. That's something else I'll need to review on DVR.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If this cl
Brissett was fine. But we wanted a fullback instead.

Franks, I dont know. He isnt a Driskel, he isnt in outright panic mode from the snap, but he isnt processing. Part of that is play calling though. We knew he was a huge project. He was even willing tonsit behind Eason if we landed him. It isnt his fault we are forced to play him.

You can crow about Butters' offensive recruiting all you want but he landed 1 four star QB in three years. Chimp landed four.

This is all on Butters.

Brissett was pre-Mac. Quit screwing up my argument Donkey. ;)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's more like Dino Poop.
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Nice post and good summary. I agree that Franks doesn't go deer caught in the headlights ala driskel.

But with recruiting on the upswing, unless things really go horsesh#t, Mac ain't going nowhere. Better to think about who he should hire as OC to replace Nuss and ST to replace Nord.
Hiring Muschamp as OC may actually be an upgrade.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Fifth of all, Franks did what he could yesterday. It's clear he doesn't have a 100% grasp of the offense, but he's got the skills to make the plays, and he rarely panics and screws up royally the way guys like Driskel used to do. The 3rd & goal play where he took the sack out of bounds instead of forcing the ball into coverage was actually a thing of beauty.

Nice post. One area I disagree with you is the 3rd and goal play. Franks shouldn’t have gone out of bounds for a 5 yard loss. He should have thrown the ball into the stands behind the end zone. I’ll grant you that what he did was better than turning the ball over but there was no sense giving up the yardage he did. If we had 4th and goal at the 3, we have more options (I.e.- go for it on 4th, run a fake field goal, etc.). While we probably would have settled for the FG regardless, those 5 yards may mean something in a future game so better to learn now what should have been done.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Wr routes? I heard it here that they were running wide open on every play

I wish I had game tape of all the WR routes because the video I have seen is horrible. Terrible route running? Horrible play design?

These three ended up in nearly the same passing lane a mere few yards apart.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 12.19.33 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb