Name a good, recent, movie you seen.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man on Fire starring Denzel Washington is a bad ass flick, if you want to see pure anarchy gun play Shoot'em Up. It's not the greatest movie by any stretch, but it's fun to watch.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n192649 said:
Man on Fire starring Denzel Washington is a bad ass flick, if you want to see pure anarchy gun play Shoot'em Up. It's not the greatest movie by any stretch, but it's fun to watch.

Agree with your statement on both those movies. Man on Fire is probably Denzel's best movie.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
"The Warlords" (2007) - Jet Li one of three strong Asian actors, not for western movie goers as he doesn't act like the Jet Li we expect him to be (flying wires, action flick with minimal dialouge from his poor English). About 3 brothers blood (not born) brothers who rise to power a LONG time ago, based on historical facts from early China. Bottom line = decent story, big war scenes (rivals 300), lot of inside looks to political and military decisions and ambitions and how those play out between the brothers. Good flick, recommend it.

Oh, and I watched some crap too. If you want a solid B-movie that gets by on boobies for the first half, then breaks down into laugh out loud and wtf moments for the back end, "Bite Me!" (2004). Campy, not really horror/gore, more cheese - and they embrace what they are.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n190115 said:
I forgot to mention Chef earlier, it was a nice feel good movie. Nothing groundbreaking or original, but I enjoyed it very much.

Watched Chef over the weekend on Netflix, thanks to you and PDS. Good movie - also made me hungry for one of those Cubano sandwiches.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Draft Day was better than I thought, but I thought the movie would be sh*t.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n192188 said:
Slingblade is one of my alltime favorites.
I will have to agree. I think BBT should have won an academy award for that role...........

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched The Warriors the other day. It was not that good.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
HE wrote the screen play? Talented guy, I thought he shoulda won the best acting award. He played the part perfect.

Dec 10, 2014
stephenPE;n196701 said:
HE wrote the screen play? Talented guy, I thought he shoulda won the best acting award. He played the part perfect.

If I recall, SB came out right around the time of Forrest Gump. There may have been some mental handicap hangover for the voters.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Bob played the Frosty Cream guy in the movie too

6683a3b88a7c2e403544e28209c1d829.jpg

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Went and saw "It Follows" in the theater over the weekend. It is not nearly as good as the reviews make it seem.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n200351 said:
Went and saw "It Follows" in the theater over the weekend. It is not nearly as good as the reviews make it seem.

Wife and I were debating going to a movie. That probably would have been it. We rented "inherent vice" instead. Wife only made it halfway through, and she was bored to tears. I wasn't impressed. I think Pynchon was ripping off "The Big Lebowski" a bit. I wasn't invested in any of the characters. I didn't like the narration. Didn't go back and finish it, so maybe it got better. As a really picky gripe, I did not see what made Doc qualified to be a P.I. He didn't seem to have any investigative skills.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Saw BirdMan.

It was simply "ok".

I never read all the reviews until AFTER the movie cuase I wanted to see what I was missing. Now I REALLY don't understand what I missed. All the reviews make it sound like the second coming of the best movie ever like it's Sharknado or something.

The job done by the actors was amazing but the story line and camera technique left me lest than thrilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.