bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the previous board, whose name I will not mention, there was a Nascar thread. I shared a few of my favorite stories from the July 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Daytona race. Admittedly, I do not follow Nascar. I go to this race for the experience with my 10 closest family and friends.

This year didn’t disappoint. After tailgating for nearly 12 hours…. They rescheduled to race for 11am Sunday due to rain. So what do you do? It is 10 guys, with no hotel vacancy within 50 miles. (we always drive home after the race) Even if there was a vacancy, nobody could safely drive. We looked into selling our tickets to a scalper, who would only give us $400 for $1250 worth of tickets. So we told him to pound sand. The decision was made to party another 14 hours until race time. 4 of the 10 decided to jump into one car with their tail between their legs and drive home. They will be forever ridiculed.

The night basically turned into a redneck version of Hangover. After carb loading at Hooters while watching some good fights, the memories of the night fade in and out. I recall finding an open entrance into the stands and actually making it onto the track. We come up with bright idea to actually walk the entire track for one full lap. Cornhole tourney started at 4 am. I did get a short nap in the rental car. I can honestly say that is the only time in my life that I drank for 26 hours straight. Come racetime, I smelled and looked like a homeless person. My rental now has such a permanent stench soaked into the seats that they should just destroy the whole vehicle. When I got home, my wife made me throw my clothes into the burn barrel because she didn’t want to mess up the washing machine. Good times.

Since I didn’t discuss anything about the race… I’ll just slip this into the lounge. Any other poor party/tailgating/drinking decisions worth sharing?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We saw some people in Jacksonville who had to have been coming back from the race. They looked a lot like what you just described. One of them was walking through a gas station barefoot. Gross.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've come back from Dega and couldn't locate a single square inch of anything that wasn't completely covered in mud. I think the last trip that Mrs. Jabber went with me, we had a nasty storm roll through in the middle of the night. The tornado sirens were going off at the track and that's when my sister and her soon-to-be husband #4 broke camp and bailed. I got up the next morning (our bed for the tent is on a frame and does not rest on the ground) and I was ankle deep in water in the tent. We spent the morning trying to dry a few items that I hadn't thrown in the truck and sweeping the water and mud out of the tent. Even with that $5 hot shower, we still looked pretty ragged at the race. But, so did just about everyone else. Those that didn't stayed in hotels in Atlanta or Birmingham. The real race fans worked it out.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
I've come back from Dega and couldn't locate a single square inch of anything that wasn't completely covered in mud. I think the last trip that Mrs. Jabber went with me, we had a nasty storm roll through in the middle of the night. The tornado sirens were going off at the track and that's when my sister and her soon-to-be husband #4 broke camp and bailed. I got up the next morning (our bed for the tent is on a frame and does not rest on the ground) and I was ankle deep in water in the tent. We spent the morning trying to dry a few items that I hadn't thrown in the truck and sweeping the water and mud out of the tent. Even with that $5 hot shower, we still looked pretty ragged at the race. But, so did just about everyone else. Those that didn't stayed in hotels in Atlanta or Birmingham. The real race fans worked it out.
This is where the RV topic comes to full fruition. RV's are a great way to experience NASCAR.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n10622 said:
We saw some people in Jacksonville who had to have been coming back from the race. They looked a lot like what you just described. One of them was walking through a gas station barefoot. Gross.

During the race, I am taking a leak in one those long urinals that span the whole wall. The dude next to me was barefoot. Now THAT is gross.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I had enough camping while in the Army.

No more..... :giggle:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 said:
Captain Sasquatch;n10622 said:

During the race, I am taking a leak in one those long urinals that span the whole wall. The dude next to me was barefoot. Now THAT is gross.
:puke:

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave said:
I had a travel trailer, but it was an older one and very heavy. I wasn't willing to burn the fuel to pull it up there. Plus, I didn't have a generator and there's no real camping sites up there. You just show up and pitch a tent. People would camp in the ditches.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Before I made the biggest mistake of my life, The Mistake and I drove down to the 500 from Jacksonville. We drove down in my pride and joy, a burgundy 2-door Plymouth Valiant (think 64 barracuda without the long rear glass) 273 hi-performance street racer. This was around 1970 and Plymouths were dominating oval racing. Richard Petty was running the new Plymouth Daytona "Superbird" which was a real bad-ass.

43petty.jpg

The drive down was about an hour and a half, plenty of time for me to throw back some beers. I had just turned 18 and the drinking age was lowered from 21 just in time for my birthday. We bought infield tickets and parked in the first turn. A great spot.
By this time this dude is feeling pretty damn good. Gentlemen, start your engines. Deciding we were going to get a better position, Me, The Mistake, and the cooler crawled up on top of my pride and joy. The race got underway and after about 3 laps, I decided I had better find someplace to drain the 'ol one-eyed salamander. Well, I was dressed pretty comfortably for the event in my Red Man Chewing Tobacco cap, tank top, jorts, and flip flops. I was going to do the manly dismount off the roof and jump down into the grass. Seems the door was slightly ajar and my flip flop caught the corner of the window glass. The door swung open and as i jumped down my bare thigh got caught on the corner of the window glass. Now I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it didn't take me long to realize I had just ****ed up and opened a pretty serious gash in my leg. Next thing I know, there is an ambulance next to the car and they haul me away to the little infirmary (also located in the infield) where the drivers would be taken for first-aid. Several hours and about 15 stitches later, they release me to limp back to my car. It was easy to find cause most everyone else was now gone. I missed the whole race and had to ride home with The Mistake driving, reminding me the whole way how she told me I was drinking too much. I have not been to a NASCAR event since.

Then there was the time I woke up at 3 am inside the enclosure next to the dumpster in the Jax Liquors parking lot with vomit all over my clothes and had to walk 3 miles home cause my buddies didn't know where I was. Tequila shooters on a Friday night.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've had that vanishing trick happen to me before, too. It began at a tailgate for an O&B game. It ended with me sitting on a wall on 39th near 6th wondering what the f happened.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Good God! I would love the see Crosscreek and Jabber together on a bender! :eek:hnoes2::drunk:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
that may have been me....was it over near the overpass?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n10654 said:
OK, that definitely is much worse than the kid we saw on 301. That's effing disgusting! And I'm pretty sure the kid in Jax went to the bathroom barefoot as well.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
more like this .... except the floors are not that fancy (or clean).
Winnipeg-Jets-Fans-Want-Bathroom-Troughs.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_266.jpg
    conv_266.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread