National Signing Day 2017

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anybody here think that Donkey and Rex would be happier if we had a dumpster fire of a recruiting class just so they could say "I told you so?"
How much louder do I have to say Im pretty happy w the DL recruiting?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law and Rex are both as invested in UF football as the rest of us. I've seen them be just as excited as anyone when it's warranted. Sure, they can be azzholes, but they're OUR azzholes!

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Holy shirtballs, Jarez Parks flew to Paris to announce....before he had to cancel and grayshirt.

hyUPUM.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So with Byrd being questionable and Young passing, we could've had Truesdell or the Gaddy twins

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just checked in this venting because I didn't want to spend my day being pissed about our recruiting. Happy as can be about the way things turned out.
We dominated our bowl game and landed a solid class...filling areas of need. If Mac can make a few good hires and figure out how to field a decent offense there may be hope yet. Im still not convinced he can do either, but this offseason just got much more bearable.
Pretty much where I am.

Really want to see a solid OL coach, and I think our quality guy is solid and hopefully one elite recruiter like JeJuan Sider or similar.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who is Kenton Tucker? He's on our commit list.

SDE 6'4, 258

Jacksonville kid.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah it's a mistake on rivals. He signed with a different school

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where are you seeing that? Everywhere I've looked shows him signing with Georgia Southern.

Well photo bucket is not working so I will have to add it as an attachment. It's on the rivals website.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.PNG
    IMG_0095.PNG
    233.9 KB · Views: 153

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Does anybody here think that Donkey and Rex would be happier if we had a dumpster fire of a recruiting class just so they could say "I told you so?"

Nope. Not me. They want to win as much or more than anyone else here. They are two passionate Gators who have only been calling it like they see it. If they lost hope at some point that Mac could pull out a top 10 class... can you blame them? They had no reason to believe Mac could turn it around this year after he came up so short on NSD the last 2 years, and all the negative recruiting news that came out along the way this year. I didn't think he would close as strong as he did. Mac definitely earned some respect today. And some grace for next year's NSD results (if he's still here).

And can you blame them, or anyone else's, overall frustration with the program as a whole? Like most everyone else, I have a feeling they got tired of watching botched abortions pretending to be football games on Saturdays in the Fall for the last 7 years. I know I have. I'm ready to see us FINALLY turn the corner.

Is today a time to rejoice? Yep. Did Mac finally do something that resembles what a Gators head coach should do? Yep. Like I said last week, a top 10 recruiting class should be a given at The University of Florida. This is the standard. We should be pleased with this class, and satisfied that he finally lived up to the demands of his job. I have a feeling that Mac finally learned his lesson. Perhaps he won't be the last to the dinner table for next year's recruits, and maybe we can sign a class in the top 3. Hopefully today was a very good first step towards rebuilding the Gators into a national powerhouse once again. I'm still pretty nervous about what we see on the field next year, but like everyone else here, I welcome these young men into the family, and I'll always cheer for the Gators.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
They are two passionate Gators who have only been calling it like they see it.

See that's the point. Yes they are passionate Gators fans that are calling it like they see it. The words "only been" is the problem.

They, along with a few others, take it a step further by insisting that everyone see it exactly as they do. If you fail to fall into boot step with them then they go ballistic with anger and personal attacks. They insist with profanity filled tirades that anyone who doesn't agree with them is a worthless moron.

Therefore, they have a lot more invested in being correct. When you insist that you are absolutely correct to the point that everyone not with you is the enemy, then you can never fully admit that you were wrong. If you did, by definition, you would be one of the worthless morons.

That's why even when they admit something went well, they always have to put something negative in at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.