NBA Draft

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n238976 said:
Wow. 70 of a 100. That's tough to do. Even against air.

Yeah but he fouled out -- it ain't Kentucky anymore.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite part of the draft was when I seen a knicks fan actually crying because they drafted some bum from Europe.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of surprised Frazier wasn't drafted as most mock drafts had him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Frazier is a great spot up shooter, but he's not great off the dribble and he can't create his own shot. He's a great free throw shooter, but he doesn't get to the line often to take advantage of that. He's not good at driving to the rim and is a mediocre finisher when he gets there. He boxes out and rebounds pretty well, but he doesn't have good lateral quickness and struggles defending quicker guards. He's also on the small side for an nba shooting guard, but doesn't have the handle, speed or playmaking ability required to play the point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Michael frazier was a freshman and wore a Kentucky jersey hed be a lottery pick

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n240013 said:
Frazier is a great spot up shooter, but he's not great off the dribble and he can't create his own shot. He's a great free throw shooter, but he doesn't get to the line often to take advantage of that. He's not good at driving to the rim and is a mediocre finisher when he gets there. He boxes out and rebounds pretty well, but he doesn't have good lateral quickness and struggles defending quicker guards. He's also on the small side for an nba shooting guard, but doesn't have the handle, speed or playmaking ability required to play the point.

^This. Not sure what he was told by his advisers, but a mere fan like myself could see that his game isn't near NBA ready. Honestly, not sure he has the athleticism to ever play in the NBA. Great shot, but not much more than that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;240033 said:
If Michael frazier was a freshman and wore a Kentucky jersey hed be a lottery pick

Sure. But as a junior, eh...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n240033 said:

I'll give you a great Kentucky comparison. Doron Lamb. Similar sized shooting guard who shot 48% from 3 point range compared to Frazier's 43%. Lamb has a better handle, is quicker, got more assists, is better off the dribble, and went into the draft as the second leading scorer on a national championship team. He was drafted in the middle of the second round in 2012 and is already out of the nba.

The only thing Frazier does better is rebound which isn't exactly what teams are looking for from a role player whose job is to provide offense and spacing.

Frazier has a summer league roster spot with the warriors and he has a tremendous work ethic. Hopefully he can improve his game and make the team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n240265 said:
I'll give you a great Kentucky comparison. Doron Lamb. Similar sized shooting guard who shot 48% from 3 point range compared to Frazier's 43%. Lamb has a better handle, is quicker, got more assists, is better off the dribble, and went into the draft as the second leading scorer on a national championship team. He was drafted in the middle of the second round in 2012 and is already out of the nba.

The only thing Frazier does better is rebound which isn't exactly what teams are looking for from a role player whose job is to provide offense and spacing.

Frazier has a summer league roster spot with the warriors and he has a tremendous work ethic. Hopefully he can improve his game and make the team.
Yeah, that's as good of a comparison as any. His higher shooting percentage is probably more of a product of what was around him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;240272 said:
Wilbekin also got a summer league invite from the magic. No invite yet for Walker. [video]http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20150627/ARTICLE/150629744/2055/NEWS?Title=Former-Gators-Frazier-Wilbekin-get-NBA-summer-league-chance[/video]

He'd be a good backup

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n240273 said:
Yeah, that's as good of a comparison as any. His higher shooting percentage is probably more of a product of what was around him.

I think Frazier has a better stroke and probably shoots a higher percentage spot up. Lamb is more athletic and gets more open shots.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NVGator;n240292 said:
Good thing he got all those tats. Should help him find a job in the real world.
Maybe a tattoo artist?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It just goes to show what a huge mistake both Walker and Frazier made. At least Frazier is getting a shot, but Walker will be overseas next year and probably not even in a great league overseas. Walker needed the time in college to refine and learn the game and if he had the right work ethic he had the potential to be a NBA player.

Frazier need the year in college to get a degree. If you aren't able to do what you need to do in 3 years at Florida the forth probably wasn't going to matter from an NBA perspective.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know that it was a mistake for frazier to leave early. It's not like he was gonna get drafted next year either. Mine aswell get a head start on his pro career.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n240833 said:
I don't know that it was a mistake for frazier to leave early. It's not like he was gonna get drafted next year either. Mine aswell get a head start on his pro career.

At some point, shouldnt it be about getting a college degree and setting yourself up to be productive in society? Paint me old fashioned but Im still of the opinion that college is for scholastic education, not sports development.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n240888 said:
Paint me old fashioned but Im still of the opinion that college is for scholastic education, not sports development.

:eek:ldman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.