NBA Finals

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's getting near that time of year again.

<collective yawn>

a3917b191f0e0cfa33c708a7d2169da8.jpg

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're a great team that runs, distributes and shoots the ball like no one else, and yet they didn't have a particularly great regular season.

Sometimes teams try to mentally save themselves for the playoffs only to find they can't turn it on at will.

I'm going out on a limb and picking the Rockets and Celtics in the Finals.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
01235aaced37cf15ad071677790bca1d.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Did you call that professor yet? Hopefully your joke did not hurt him. Makes sense for you to use *67.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you call that professor yet? Hopefully your joke did not hurt him. Makes sense for you to use *67.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't even funny the first time around. You're now making a complete ass of yourself.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Did you call that professor yet? Hopefully your joke did not hurt him. Makes sense for you to use *67.

This wasn't even funny the first time around. You're now making a complete ass of yourself.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't a joke. What you did to that innocent professor isn't funny. That professor who's info you published doesn't post here.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Really thought the Sixers would make more of a push with the momentum they had close the regular season. Hated that draw for the Heat. And I'm not sure Toronto isn't the worst #1 seed in NBA history. The Cavs are rolling, but that was embarrassing.

Unfortunately, it does look like a collision course to the same finals again.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The Warriors really didnt try to save themselves during the regular season. They dealt with several key injuries and played alot of games without a consistent lineup. They do appear to be healthy now and playing well. The Rockets were put together to beat GS and are also playing real well. Should be a very up tempo, entertaining series. I think Warriors pull out a close one on experience.

Celtics are an outstandind team even with missing a couple all stars. They are playing great basketball. The Cavs finally have acclimated themselves as a team and when Love, Korver and JR are on their game they are tough. Thompson is contributing again as well. The Cavs should not win but they might simply because Lebron is playing at an insane level right now. I, with some hesitation, think Cavs in 7.

Warriors win it all.

It has been a great playoff season so far. Thoroughly enjoying this.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Really thought the Sixers would make more of a push with the momentum they had close the regular season. Hated that draw for the Heat. And I'm not sure Toronto isn't the worst #1 seed in NBA history. The Cavs are rolling, but that was embarrassing.

Unfortunately, it does look like a collision course to the same finals again.

Sixers are young. Watch out for them in the next two years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Brad Stevens got no votes for coach of the year. I think the players are using that as motivation as Stevens is showing why he is as Horford said a genius. Although it shouldn't take a genius to figure out how to defend isolation basketball with Lebron.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Boston is a very good team, but no one can compete with the Warriors. The NBA has big issues if GS sweeps Houston then sweeps the east champ.

Adding Durant was actually chicken sh*t if you ask me because they already had the best team despite losing once to Lebron.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Boston is a very good team, but no one can compete with the Warriors. The NBA has big issues if GS sweeps Houston then sweeps the east champ.

Adding Durant was actually chicken sh*t if you ask me because they already had the best team despite losing once to Lebron

Imagine if Green doesn't get the "accumulation" suspension for Game 5 in 2016 and we're likely staring at 4 straight. Outside of the bay area, would people even be watching at this point?

And yes, I hate the Durant addition. That Warriors team had a solid team that seemed to grow into a beast, the right way. Adding KD just kills that.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Imagine if Green doesn't get the "accumulation" suspension for Game 5 in 2016 and we're likely staring at 4 straight. Outside of the bay area, would people even be watching at this point?

And yes, I hate the Durant addition. That Warriors team had a solid team that seemed to grow into a beast, the right way. Adding KD just kills that.
Couldn't agree more. I hate Green as much as the next sane guy, but the suspension was controversial and watching the series, it was clear who had the better overall team but Cleveland played a helluva game 7.

I really like this Boston team a lot, most fun I've had follow an NBA team in a long time. That's why it sucks that I can't see any way short of a natural disaster or series of inexplicable injuries that they can compete with the super-team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Durant was very quiet when he was with OKC. He has become a bit of douche since joining the Warriors. However, he is an unbelievable basketball player.

Boston defends and plays a fun brand of basketball. I hope they win it all so Al can get a ring. If not this year, when Irving and Hayward come back watch out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Couldn't agree more. I hate Green as much as the next sane guy, but the suspension was controversial and watching the series, it was clear who had the better overall team but Cleveland played a helluva game 7.

Barnes being garbage that entire series didn't help either.

And you'll get no argument from me that James is the best overall player in the game. But if he were to not win another title, it would be worth mentioning that 2 of his 3 rings were almost directly tied to a controversial suspension and a Ray Allen three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.