NBA Finals

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
So since my last post I've been looking up the NBA rule. Simply, it's NOT like the college rule at all (where your feet have to be set and not moving.)

Based on the way the NBA rule is written, Lebron was correct. It should have been a charge.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html

I think these refs will get fined or reprimanded for that whole mess.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
On a side note, whenever CLE debuts the Lebron statue outside their arena, I think it would be very appropriate for him to be in this pose.....

106812553_crop_650x440.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
As Steve Jaffe explained...Lebron’s left foot was set. He was in a legitimate guarding position. There is no requirement that the rest of his body (or right foot) cannot move.

I’m rooting for the Warriors. That call helped us. But I hate winning games on crap like this. GS doesn’t need the help...they are going to win this thing anyway.

But it at least silences the conspiracy theorists. If the NBA wants every series to go 7 games they just chose the strangest route to that destination imaginable.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. G1 is always your best chance to steal one. Well, the refs stole one.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
All the Mebron slurpers cutting their wrists in this bytch.

Cut away, boys.

Not me. I’ve always maintained MJ is GOAT. When he came to Miami I still said DWade was our guy and our leader. I’d rather see the Warriors win this one because they play the game the right way.

But.....I can’t deny that Lebron is playing out of this world this season and insanely so these playoffs. He is closing that gap considerably. One thing Lebron has done over MJ. MJ never carried a bad team on his back to the finals. All 6 titles MJ won were with the absolute best team in basketball. Lebron takes guys from the local YMCA league to the finals.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's playing great basketball.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
The whole MJ/Lebron GOAT discussion is tainted with the way the game has changed since the 90s. Almost like comparing Apples & Oranges.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
MJ never carried a bad team on his back to the finals. All 6 titles MJ won were with the absolute best team in basketball. Lebron takes guys from the local YMCA league to the finals.

This is true but I would make the claim that it's all related to the quality of the competition. The East has been bad for years, contributing to James' 8 straight Finals appearances. I asked posters to list the "really good" East teams that Lebron has had to face over that stretch of time. Haven't gotten any submissions.

The teams (mid 80s Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons) that beat the Bulls when Jordan was a one man show prior to Pippen's arrival would have done the same things with the one man show Cleveland teams that Lebron has taken to the Finals.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smith is now claiming he knew the score was tied, that he felt he didn't have a good enough look at the basket (which is preposterous, he was in the middle of the lane with three feet separating him and KD) and that he thought LeBron was calling for a TO.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Smith just had a total mental collapse.

When he brought the ball out of the paint, Lebron was WIDE OPEN for a winning shot and he just kept dribbling.

Best thing for him to say is just "I screwed up. I'm so sorry."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cavs played like a beaten team tonight.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Curry will finally get his Finals MVP trophy

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Kinda funny....the discussions in recent years of MJ/LJ GOAT....where Kobe is not even sniffing consideration. As much as people like Curry these days, he is also not coming close to any GOAT discussions, and I wonder if he will get into the discussion later in his career. I think Curry is a great player, above most, but will not work his way to the GOAT discussions.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And this is when that attitude started. Wow.

G1 is always your best chance to steal one on the road. That one play cost them any chance they were going to have of stealing that game and the series. They'll get one, maybe two in Cleveland, but otherwise this one is all but decided.

Now watch LeBron pull a hat trick at home and make me look like a dumbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator