NBA Finals

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I sincerely do not understand a few things about the Cavs.

First, if Lebron is the GOAT, then why doesn't he take more shots? Lots of drive and dish to players who are consistently described as a poor supporting cast around him.

Lastly, please explain to me why you don't double team Durant when he's killing you and the Splash Bros are having an off night? Even Gundy was clamoring for Durant to be doubled.

Almost seems like the Cavs don't care.....

Lebron is the best player of this generation, and I don't think it's much of a debate. Physically, he's probably more gifted than any previous player, and he's maximized his talent incredibly. What kills his argument of being on par with guys like Jordan, imo, is the mental side of things and the choices he's made regarding the "super teams". So where I'm not sure Jordan makes it to 9 straight finals, especially with Cleveland's roster, he also could never stand the thought of losing (potentially) 6 of those. He was smarter than that and had a "refuse to lose" mindset that's carried over to his business life as well. They're just different animals.

To your question about Lue's coaching, he's really just not a very good coach, and wears a clueless expression on his face roughly 60% of the game. Sadly, it's similar to Spoelstra when he had Lebron. Just letting the most talented guy(s) on the floor do his thing, isn't coaching. It's having the best player in the game and a supporting cast of professional athletes and appearing to have a hand in things. I still think some of Spo's best coaching performances have been 1st/2nd round round exits in the post Lebron era. And maybe Lue develops over time. But I think he's basically a suit that yells things from time to time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The embarrassment of this Finals all but assures LeBron leaves after the season IMO. G4 could very well be his final one in a Cleveland uniform.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron is the best player of this generation, and I don't think it's much of a debate. Physically, he's probably more gifted than any previous player, and he's maximized his talent incredibly. What kills his argument of being on par with guys like Jordan, imo, is the mental side of things and the choices he's made regarding the "super teams". So where I'm not sure Jordan makes it to 9 straight finals, especially with Cleveland's roster, he also could never stand the thought of losing (potentially) 6 of those. He was smarter than that and had a "refuse to lose" mindset that's carried over to his business life as well. They're just different animals.

To your question about Lue's coaching, he's really just not a very good coach, and wears a clueless expression on his face roughly 60% of the game. Sadly, it's similar to Spoelstra when he had Lebron. Just letting the most talented guy(s) on the floor do his thing, isn't coaching. It's having the best player in the game and a supporting cast of professional athletes and appearing to have a hand in things. I still think some of Spo's best coaching performances have been 1st/2nd round round exits in the post Lebron era. And maybe Lue develops over time. But I think he's basically a suit that yells things from time to time.
If he doesn't leave for baseball he makes it 8 straight...and they still had at least another season in them in 99 if he wanted to...i bet if they came back they would have made it again

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If he doesn't leave for baseball he makes it 8 straight...and they still had at least another season in them in 99 if he wanted to...i bet if they came back they would have made it again

It's definitely possible, I'm just not sure. But I do know for a fact that he wouldn't have stomached 6 Finals losses. It's just not in his DNA to lose like that, and I think that's the biggest difference between the two.

As J mentioned, the sulking going into OT of Game 1 will always be a part of Lebron's legacy. Disagree with the call or not, upset at Smith or not, it's tied and you have a chance to win. Save the whining for later and just go get the win. He has flashes of that. But it's not constant, as it was with Jordan.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Would have loved to see that Rockets team vs the Bulls.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That article is all truth. Brutal reality. And he's about to ditch them again. Wow. They'll burn his jersey again.
I doubt it. He's played his ass off. He can't do it alone. He needs more horses. If anything burns it's Gilbert's reputation.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Where will Lebron go?
Will he stay in the East which has the easiest path to the Finals nearly every year?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sixers or Lakers.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Sixers have a lot of young talent. So do the Celtics.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Heard Houston or Philly. No way he goes to LA. They don't have any talent to put around him.

LA would be for business interests and they are most certainly in the mix if all the reporting is to be believed. It depends on Houston. 4 of 5 starters are free agents (I think). And even with Lebron in philly, I'd pick Boston next year as they are loaded.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's definitely possible, I'm just not sure. But I do know for a fact that he wouldn't have stomached 6 Finals losses. It's just not in his DNA to lose like that, and I think that's the biggest difference between the two.

As J mentioned, the sulking going into OT of Game 1 will always be a part of Lebron's legacy. Disagree with the call or not, upset at Smith or not, it's tied and you have a chance to win. Save the whining for later and just go get the win. He has flashes of that. But it's not constant, as it was with Jordan.
Jordan didn't even stomach letting it get to 7 games in the Finals

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heard Houston or Philly. No way he goes to LA. They don't have any talent to put around him.

Wrong and wrong. Houston is a possibility due to Lebron’s relationship with CP3, but I don’t think he’s a great fit with two other players that can be ball dominant. LeBron already has a house in LA and the Lakers have more cap room than any of the other destinations that have been mentioned. They can afford LeBron as well as a player like Paul George or Kawhi Leonard. Also, Luke Walton is already a much better coach than Mike (no D)Antoni. Don’t believe me? Look at the Laker’s defensive improvement from last year to this year. He’s coming to LA, folks. And he’s gonna have help.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I sincerely do not understand a few things about the Cavs.

First, if Lebron is the GOAT, then why doesn't he take more shots? Lots of drive and dish to players who are consistently described as a poor supporting cast around him.

Lastly, please explain to me why you don't double team Durant when he's killing you and the Splash Bros are having an off night? Even Gundy was clamoring for Durant to be doubled.

Almost seems like the Cavs don't care.....

I’ll take a shot at it.

First he took 28 shots which is very high...especially for him. It was more than any player on either team and more the next 2 on his team combined. He took a 3rd of his teams total shots. He shot just a hair under 50% but you just are not going to be the Warriors with one guy. You can go back as far as you like but you will discover that Lebron has always been a pass-first facilitator. His mentality is far more like Magic and Bird than MJ’s. All of them could have shot more but that is not what defined their approach to offense.

Lebron is physically wore down. I see it on defense and I see it in how he is trying to pace himself on offense. His coach is between a rock and a hard place. He needs to sit Lebron but he can’t. Lebron will probably play 46-48 minutes the next game or 2. This thing will not go beyond 5 games.

Lebron is not the GOAT at least in my opinion. But he is at the top of that conversation....every single day. The comparison is made...every single day. He’s very close but there is only one MJ.

Meanwhile GS had Durant on fire but despite Klay and Steph having off shooting nights Javelle, Iggy, Dray, Bell and Livingston shot an incredible 16-24....67%. Pick your poison....double Durant and you find that GS moves the ball to the open shooter better than any team in the game. Either Klay or Steph come alive or one of the 16-24 guys help knocking down shots. Javelle’s and Bell’s were all in the paint and nearly all dunks. This offensive system is elite. I’m a Heat fan but I follow GS a lot because I love their style of play. Very much a team orientation.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong and wrong. Houston is a possibility due to Lebron’s relationship with CP3, but I don’t think he’s a great fit with two other players that can be ball dominant. LeBron already has a house in LA and the Lakers have more cap room than any of the other destinations that have been mentioned. They can afford LeBron as well as a player like Paul George or Kawhi Leonard. Also, Luke Walton is already a much better coach than Mike (no D)Antoni. Don’t believe me? Look at the Laker’s defensive improvement from last year to this year. He’s coming to LA, folks. And he’s gonna have help.

I would LOVE for him to go to LA and have them get curb stomped or him break down...he'll be 34 in Dec with the mileage of a 36-37-38 yr old. And no major injuries. They sign him to some ridic contract and he'll be injured the whole time.

Father time is still undefeated and he's no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator