NBA Summer League 2014

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n10650 said:
In an effort to be "real", Scotty must present some scoring threat to be viable in the NBA. If not the other teams will play off him and plug the passing lanes. I think he can shoot the three but he has to prove that in competition, if not he'll play in Europe for the next 8/10 years.

I did not mean never shoot. If they play off him I have no doubt he can knock down the open shot. I just think he won't be asked to create for himself as much as he did for the Gators.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Some great stuff on Scottie in the summer league in this article:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...da-gators-nba-summer-league-memphis-grizzlies

"You can't teach an overall IQ," said the Grizzlies' summer-league coach, Shawn Respert. "The guy plays with a pace that I think is healthy for a successful basketball team. He doesn't force things. He knows when to push the gas pedal and when to push the brake. I think it's just an innate ability that some players naturally have: to know how to play.

"With Scottie, I'm really proud of the fact of how he's handled himself. He's going to be very, very successful. He's going to be a guy that if you look in our league six or seven years down the road, he's going to be an important part of a team that's winning."

Grizzlies rookie power forward Jarnell Stokes, the 35th pick in the draft, is happy to finally be playing alongside Wilbekin instead of against him.

Stokes' alma mater is Tennessee, which lost three times to Florida this past season.

Stokes has given Wilbekin a nickname, and Stokes means it as a sincere compliment: "Tennessee Killer."

"We'd never beat Florida while Scottie was on the floor," Stokes said.

Thanks for posting "Tennessee Killer" made my morning.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scottie on again today at 3pm on NBATV. Memphis vs Orlando.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another good showing for Tennessee killer. 7 points, 5 assists, and 3 steals with 3 turnovers in 20 minutes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n11469 said:
Another good showing for Tennessee killer. 7 points, 5 assists, and 3 steals with 3 turnovers in 20 minutes.

what I like about what Scottie' s doing is he's not pressing. He's playing within his game. I hope he makes somebody's roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.