NCAA council proposes 2 early signing periods & adding 10th staff member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That is a delayed approval. It's for NEXT year.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Maybe Mac can get some to bite early and keep the Bammers from slipping in with a big bag of cash to steal them away now.
Unfortunately Bama,Mich,Clemson,OSU,FSU and LSU will now just start locking down kids earlier and everyone else will battle for the scraps on NSD.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately Bama,Mich,Clemson,OSU,FSU and LSU will now just start locking down kids earlier and everyone else will battle for the scraps on NSD.
Nope, Satan and Meyer want to wait til the last minute to pick the prettiest girls at the dance.
Thats why they oppose this so adamantly.

Its going to be a big deal for Butters. Our MO has been to wait til just before signing day and pick up the table scraps that the elite teams dont have room for. Good thing we went out and signed some ace recruiters who have really fixed our fvkked up recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Mac can get some to bite early and keep the Bammers from slipping in with a big bag of cash to steal them away now.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Sure. Big bag of cash. Thats what every loser team says. They said it about us when we didnt have shytty recruiters.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I like the idea of a early signing period in December...but June is too early. The kids haven't even played their senior season yet. On the flip side of that, some kids get their offers pulled after a poor senior season so it goes both ways.

I like a summer signing period, but I think it should be the first week of August or the last week of July. That will all evaluation through an extra summer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bama will have all the 5*s in the barn before the regular signing period.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The earlier the better. Many of these kids are attention seeking divas that want as much attention as possible.
Those will still be out there. However, I think you may see it bite some of them in the ass...which I don't mind.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

How many you think we'll sign during the early period? I have no idea how many will want to sign early versus how many will still want their "hat ceremony" and 15 minutes of attention.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many you think we'll sign during the early period? I have no idea how many will want to sign early versus how many will still want their "hat ceremony" and 15 minutes of attention.
Who knows.
Smaller schools have to like it because it will help lock players up sooner and reduce poaching, but then again it could cause more to hold out just to see where others go.

One thing it will certainly do is start an initial separation of those players commited to the program/school, and those who are about themselves.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

You write like all of these kids are dictating to the coaches. There are very few kids who everyone wants clearly more than someone else.

Time sensitive offers are a well known part of recruiting. Coaches will decide how many scholarships the want to sign early and put them out first come first serve to a group of prospects they have identified. This is basically what happens now. You identify some group of OL or WRs you like and sign whichever ones are willing to come aboard. Now some will be required to agree to sign in the early period if they want an offer.

The good news is that you can do a hat ceremony at any time. So if you were worried about missing these rituals, rest easy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
James Franklin believes the December signing period will be the signing date for the vast majority of players.

“I don’t think it is going to change a whole lot,” Franklin told reporters. “I think that is going to become the signing date. If I had to guess, 75 to 85 percent of the guys are going to sign on the first date. There will be some things that are still kind of sitting out there.

“I think the one positive is you might not be in a situation where you get surprised on (the February) signing day. You might get surprised on the first signing day and still have time to kind of recover for the second one with a few weeks left.”

One factor to keep in mind that will only happen this time around: FBS staffs will add a 10th assistant in January, meaning a lot of kids could see their recruiter leave.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One factor to keep in mind that will only happen this time around: FBS staffs will add a 10th assistant in January, meaning a lot of kids could see their recruiter leave.
I'm sure we are scouring the directional schools already.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Chris Leak is looking for a job - bet we can get him as the 10 assistant for on the cheap.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I don't see in any way this helping us at all. Mac is like a sloth on the recruiting trail. It takes him every last minute to flip a player or find a 3* player to pick us over FAU. The way I see it this playing out is your lower level players like 3* players who are committed to schools will sign then so they won't be around anymore. I also see most of your elite players signing early to stop all the calls from the coaches. All in all not good for Mac

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to ask the masses on both sides how the early signing period would effect Mac. His first and 3rd classes were basically last minute. His second class was mostly done ahead of time. You'd think this might hurt Mac because of last year's 11 kids signed after Xmas.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to ask the masses on both sides how the early signing period would effect Mac. His first and 3rd classes were basically last minute. His second class was mostly done ahead of time. You'd think this might hurt Mac because of last year's 11 kids signed after Xmas.
I'm not sure anything can hurt Mac's recruiting more than Mac and his staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.