NCAA Reconsidering Penn State Sanctions?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n152539 said:
There's nothing to discuss. JoePa's wins may be reinstated but not his character, reputation and legacy. All he accomplished as head coach of Penn State has been obliterated by his inexcusable neglectful silence and inaction that exposed innocent children to a sick bastard pedophile. Thus ends the life and career of Joe Paterno. To hell with him.

We don't agree on much if anything, but you are spot on here sir.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It seems the root of the problem is that the NCAA had no authority to impose the penalties on PS. I suspect the Family of JoPa will win it's Law Suit or accept a settlement from the idiots at the NCAA. The 60 million dollar penalty will also probably be adjusted down or dropped completely.

In my opinion, the NCAA should have waited until after the Criminal Proceedings to do anything, but they caved in to the Public outcry to blame everyone associated with PS Athletics.

I hate Penn State and never liked JoPa but there was and is a rush to judgement in this case and that's why the NCAA's case is falling apart.

IMHO

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n152539 said:
There's nothing to discuss. JoePa's wins may be reinstated but not his character, reputation and legacy. All he accomplished as head coach of Penn State has been obliterated by his inexcusable neglectful silence and inaction that exposed innocent children to a sick bastard pedophile. Thus ends the life and career of Joe Paterno. To hell with him.

PSU should have to install, outside stadium entrance a bronze statue of Sandusky with his hands "fatherly" on the top
of left & right kids' heads. Allow them to take it down in 5-10 years. Just make sure it's where the visiting Moms of recruits
can notice it.

NCAA punishment spotlight in media headlines is overshadowing reports, reminders of those being prosecuted for the Pennsylvania state crime breaking the proper & legal actions of not reporting by straightway
state hotline phone call (even the suspicion) of child improprieties directly to the experts trained in ferreting out
pedophiles via long list interview questions by which pedophile thinking trip themselves up.

My point = this horrid event-scandal would serve as a public service announcement reminding all mandated first
reporters to never hesitate to phone the hotline even at suspicions. Heck, they give you the choice of giving your
name or just remaining anonymous. They just want their detectors to interview the suspect to compile possibilities
of pedophilia. Authorities could have got kids names from Sandusky's organization and, I guarantee their interview
of kids would have turned up pedophilia years earlier.

Make going after the real crimes/criminals to stop future non-reporting mistakes like this, make media screaming
headlines = not treat the football aspect as the important event.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Alvin York;n152539 said:

Regardless of what condition the NCAA 'punishment' ends up, this is in fact the legacy I see left for Joe Pa. No number of wins, or money donated to the school in his name (and he gave A LOT over the years), will ever lessen that fact. Everytime someone brings up the name Joe Pa it will be forever connected to harboring Jerry Sandusky.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n150605 said:
You're absolutely correct, but what does the governing body of collegiate athletics have to do with that? How did it offer them a competitive advantage? It's a criminal and civil matter as several others have already stated. It's really none of the NCAA's business.

MJM, this is a terrible argument. With this POV, WTF does Winston's raping of a coed have to do with collegiate athletics? It's a civil matter right?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n153114 said:
MJM, this is a terrible argument. With this POV, WTF does Winston's raping of a coed have to do with collegiate athletics? It's a civil matter right?

Ever hear of Tilte IX? Apples and oranges...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not apples and oranges. Any group you ever join will likely have a morals or bringing disgrace on the organization clause. Morever we already explained why it was a competitive advantage and the obvious reason that the Rape Staters wanted to hide it, and shockingly, didn't just sweep it under the rug but took a blind eye and allowed it to continue. You rapist apologists make me sick.

The NCAA is a bunch of pvssies, as always.

The fact that your on the same side of the argument as Booby Bowden says it all.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n152966 said:
Regardless of what condition the NCAA 'punishment' ends up, this is in fact the legacy I see left for Joe Pa. No number of wins, or money donated to the school in his name (and he gave A LOT over the years), will ever lessen that fact. Everytime someone brings up the name Joe Pa it will be forever connected to harboring Jerry Sandusky.

Perhaps to some but being in agreement with Alvin does not say much about the argument. I don't see him harboring Sandusky, but rather having admitted that he should have done more that just pass it on.

I remember all the ex-players who indicated that he had a positive influence on them as well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n153454 said:
It's not apples and oranges. Any group you ever join will likely have a morals or bringing disgrace on the organization clause. Morever we already explained why it was a competitive advantage and the obvious reason that the Rape Staters wanted to hide it, and shockingly, didn't just sweep it under the rug but took a blind eye and allowed it to continue. You rapist apologists make me sick.

The NCAA is a bunch of pvssies, as always.

The fact that your on the same side of the argument as Booby Bowden says it all.

I'm not defending the NCAA or Pedophile State. I just don't believe it was within their jurisdiction to stick their noses in it like they did. I also think it's comical that the NCAA has to backtrack because the head of that disfunctional organization lied during the hurried process and they were afraid of losing a lawsuit. They can both rot in hell for all I care.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
MJMGator;n153498 said:
I'm not defending the NCAA or Pedophile State. I just don't believe it was within their jurisdiction to stick their noses in it like they did. I also think it's comical that the NCAA has to backtrack because the head of that disfunctional organization lied during the hurried process and they were afraid of losing a lawsuit. They can both rot in hell for all I care.
His wins should be reinstated. His good name will not be. Old Joe was not the only one to blame at Penn State but he could have done alot more alot sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.