***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs East Tennessee State

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is back in the NCAA Tournament at last! Florida takes on East Tennessee State on Thursday at approximately 3:10 PM EST on TruTV. Kasey Hill looks to take care of some unfinished business in the greatest show on Earth. We have been a popular upset pick by most experts (not really experts lol) and we need to come out the tip hotter than ever and flying around the court. They can hit a bunch of 3pters and are a good turnover creating team. We need to limit our turnovers and create a bunch and score off of them. Defense, defense, defense, move the ball, pass the ball, take care of the ball, MAKE SHOTS, AND rebound. Do that and we have a chance to win easily and advance deep into the tournament. We need to come out and play focused and with a firery passion

Prediction:

Florida- 88
East Tennessee State- 61
POG- Allen

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm holding my breath....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Only thing that worries me about this game is the unpredictability of this tournament. Otherwise, I'd say we're fine.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm holding my breath....
Don't do it, Deuce!
TheOfficeBreathHold.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If this was MTSU I might be a little worried. I think we rise to the occasion. It's like a home game.

White will have the kids ready.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think we beat ETSU regardless of the lineup we use, but in order to advance deep in the tourny I think we need to create a balanced lineup with a little bit of everything. IMO, the lineup that we should go with is Allen at point guard, Barry at shooting guard, Robinson at small forward, Rimmer at power forward, and Hayes at center. We haven't seen this lineup start, but imo, this lineup gives us shooters and size (something we miss with Eggy being out.) IMO, if we dont utilize two bigs at the same time, we wont be able to beat teams with strong inside big men. Eggy was a force, but to combat his loss, we should use two 6'9 + big men on the court at the same time. However, at the same time, we still have three good shooters out on the floor together with Allen, Barry, and Robinson. This lineup will allow us to shoot or go inside and makes us more versatile and helps our defense.
I think allen should play point because hes a better scorer than cheese/hill, and he's taller than them, and it frees up room so that we can create a taller/bigger starting five which is an advantage no matter who you play. Having allen (6'2), Barry (6'6), Robinson (6'8), Rimmer (6'11) and Hayes (6'9) would be a tough lineup for any opposing teams to guard. Imo, the first person off the bench should be chiozza because he's the best shooter out of leon and stone imo and if he could nail some threes that would be ideal. Thoughts?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think we beat ETSU regardless of the lineup we use, but in order to advance deep in the tourny I think we need to create a balanced lineup with a little bit of everything. IMO, the lineup that we should go with is Allen at point guard, Barry at shooting guard, Robinson at small forward, Rimmer at power forward, and Hayes at center. We haven't seen this lineup start, but imo, this lineup gives us shooters and size (something we miss with Eggy being out.) IMO, if we dont utilize two bigs at the same time, we wont be able to beat teams with strong inside big men. Eggy was a force, but to combat his loss, we should use two 6'9 + big men on the court at the same time. However, at the same time, we still have three good shooters out on the floor together with Allen, Barry, and Robinson. This lineup will allow us to shoot or go inside and makes us more versatile and helps our defense.
I think allen should play point because hes a better scorer than cheese/hill, and he's taller than them, and it frees up room so that we can create a taller/bigger starting five which is an advantage no matter who you play. Having allen (6'2), Barry (6'6), Robinson (6'8), Rimmer (6'11) and Hayes (6'9) would be a tough lineup for any opposing teams to guard. Imo, the first person off the bench should be chiozza because he's the best shooter out of leon and stone imo and if he could nail some threes that would be ideal. Thoughts?

Stopped reading right there. That has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen (no offense). Rimmer would get ABUSED by any PF he matched up with (heck, any position really).

Cheese, Allen, Barry, Robinson, Hayes should be starting at this point. I'm fine going with our regular lineup though, little late to be changing roles.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
My wife holds 2 degrees from ETSU and is currently working on her doctorate with them. Needless to say she will be pulling hard for the upset, and to be honest, ETSU will be a tough game early. I have a plenty of ETSU gear from her years there but I'll never be able to wear it if UF chokes against them. I think UF's talent will be the deciding factor as they pull away in the second half. Since, Tennessee sucks and can't even make the NIT, everyone up here is an ETSU fan now, especially now that they're playing Florida.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Rimmer is a massive liability on both offense and defense. He's more of a quick breather than a long-term solution.

I think that the lineup is about right. I just think that Hill and Chiozza need to hit their shots. I'm a big believer in working your offense from the inside out. I think you get a better feel for the ball and the game. Once the ball starts to fall then you pick up the outside shooting and tear them up.

I think the lineup has been fine. I just don't think the offensive game plan has been that great.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Barry needs to play more. Could not figure out why he was not on floor during final min of game. He is a dual threat to shoot or drive and if he gets fouled, its 2 points.

Gators win but it will be scary for first 36 mino of the game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Barry needs to play more. Could not figure out why he was not on floor during final min of game. He is a dual threat to shoot or drive and if he gets fouled, its 2 points.

Liked the Barry part. Not sure about the second part.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All tourney games are risky = 1 loss elimination.
ETSU is 8-5 in away games. UF is about 15-7 in away games (calling our cross-the-state travel games as away).
ETSU Cromer 6'3" G ave 19.1, Bradford G 6'5" ave 10.6, Glass F 6'8" ave 8.9, Meriweather G 6'2" ave 8.6, Perea F 6'9" ave 8.4. They have about 2 more that add 14 points to their total. I think we can hold each & all a bit below their average.

I'm looking for Hayes to have his highest scoring game (provided White & teammates use him right) ETSU might not be the team that can force him into xs fouls.? Our guards have to go fast but under control. Even Rimmer can block-out for those spots (if White makes him practice simply doing that)? Our outside shooters need to just have a calm "get-set" night. Gators' Win and get better for next tourney game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Man we are being so overlooked it's not funny. Jeff Goodman was on espn radio (Russillo and Kanell :grin: ) and they asked who he'd take in the East region if he couldn't take Nova or Duke. He acted perplexed and said none of them, and then said "can I take East Tennessee State?" Not one mention of our boys.

I kinda like it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I thought I saw a picture of Barry late in the game with Vandy with his ankle wrapped in ice - could be mistaken though. :bandit:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man we are being so overlooked it's not funny. Jeff Goodman was on espn radio (Russillo and Kanell :grin: ) and they asked who he'd take in the East region if he couldn't take Nova or Duke. He acted perplexed and said none of them, and then said "can I take East Tennessee State?" Not one mention of our boys.

I kinda like it.
Chip, meet shoulder.
Man, our guys have got to be fired up to get this thing going in the right direction again.
:chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator