New Alabama Player Possesses Usain Bolt Type Speed?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Alabama uses the Catapult Sports GPS system to track various speed-related performance statistics during games, practice and training activities. According to the video below the system measured former RB Kenyan Drake hitting 23 miles per hour on his kickoff return for a TD against Clemson.

That is 17% slower than the record 27.8 mph seen during the final 100 meters sprint of the World Championships in Berlin on August 16, 2009 by Usain Bolt. However, Associate AD Jeff Allen claims that the system has measured a freshman Alabama player hitting nearly 25 miles per hour. That's just 10% slower than Bolt's world record.

They won't give the player's name.

Just in case you wondered, scientist think the fastest attainable speed by a human is 40 mph.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...de-alabama-footballs-advanced-gps-technology/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footspeed

https://www.livescience.com/8039-humans-run-40-mph-theory.html

(And now 12 pages of Mac, Foley and the Gators players all suck.........)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would take some serious genetic manipulation for a human to ever dream of running 30 mph or more. Heck dogs that run around 35 mph make fast humans look like they are barely moving.

So can this Bama kid run almost a 4 second flat 40 yard dash. I think they took out the gun reaction time in a 60 meter world record race Maurice Greene ran and it showed he was around 4 seconds flat covering 40 yards.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty interesting I would say we should be doing something like this but we all know Foley/Stricklan is to cheap and Mac sucks.;)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty interesting I would say we should be doing something like this but we all know Foley/Stricklan is to cheap and Mac sucks.;)
Might be why our recruiting sucks and we only land the top 1% of all 3* athletes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would take some serious genetic manipulation for a human to ever dream of running 30 mph or more. Heck dogs that run around 35 mph make fast humans look like they are barely moving.

So can this Bama kid run almost a 4 second flat 40 yard dash. I think they took out the gun reaction time in a 60 meter world record race Maurice Greene ran and it showed he was around 4 seconds flat covering 40 yards.

The first 40 yards of a race? Or just 40 yards in a race? I don't think anybody can run the first 40 yards of a race in four seconds flat. But if you already have a full head of steam, I would think that the Uber elite runners can probably do it under four seconds.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

I provided the link. Here it is again:

They are not saying that a human ever will run 40 mph. They are only saying that the human body is capable of it theoretically.

However, Bolt was pretty close to 30 mph when he hit 27.8. Modern sports science, medicine and PEDs are producing some freakish results. I would be willing to bet that a human hits 30 within the next 50 years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The first 40 yards of a race? Or just 40 yards in a race? I don't think anybody can run the first 40 yards of a race in four seconds flat. But if you already have a full head of steam, I would think that the Uber elite runners can probably do it under four seconds.

I think they timed him the 1st 40 yards of his actual 60 meter run and it was like 4 seconds flat. They claim the gun costs them around .2 something seconds or so usually. They started the time when he actually took off not when the starter gun went off.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I provided the link. Here it is again:

They are not saying that a human ever will run 40 mph. They are only saying that the human body is capable of it theoretically.

However, Bolt was pretty close to 30 mph when he hit 27.8. Modern sports science, medicine and PEDs are producing some freakish results. I would be willing to bet that a human hits 30 within the next 50 years.

The genetic manipulation genie will be out of the bottle in that time period. I wonder what will happen to sports due to designer babies etc in the future. As far as current humans my guess is that run by Bolt is near the best you will ever see where they can avoid failing the PED test ratios and it would take some designer steroid that they don't catch for a while to do much better. Just look at how long Flo Jo's record has stood for almost 30 years now and its assumed that was drug aided even though she wasn't nailed for it.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The genetic manipulation genie will be out of the bottle in that time period. I wonder what will happen to sports due to designer babies etc in the future. As far as current humans my guess is that run by Bolt is near the best you will ever see where they can avoid failing the PED test ratios and it would take some designer steroid that they don't catch for a while to do much better. Just look at how long Flo Jo's record has stood for almost 30 years now and its assumed that was drug aided even though she wasn't nailed for it.

There may come a day in the not too distant future when athletes become so big and fast that contact sports are no longer played. Of course it's all Foley's fault. :)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Bama has made great progress on splicing in the Cheetah gene...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bama has made great progress on splicing in the Cheetah gene...
I'm seriously trying to imagine bammers splicing genes. No doubt they would end up looking like Daisy Dukes. Splitting jeans? Yeah I can see that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Speed?
The Tuscaloosa PD will let you go any speed when you have that "Bama Player" bumper sticker Saban hands out when they arrive.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I ran 35mph once. Lemme just tell you right now when a girl says her parents ain't home you best double check before getting too committed to a course of action.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I ran 35mph once. Lemme just tell you right now when a girl says her parents ain't home you best double check before getting too committed to a course of action.
I always thought it was much more fun to attempt to get her to commit to said course of action WHILE her parents were home.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... and that was buttweighted down with all that buckshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.