New Coache's Poll 9/28/14 - New #1!

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well now. FS[lime]U is no longer #1 in the coaches poll. Alabama now getting all the love. Here's the latest top 10: 1. Alabama (15)
2. Florida State (26)
3. Oklahoma (14)
4. Oregon (7)
5. Auburn
6. Baylor
7. Texas A&M
8. Notre Dame
9. UCLA
10. Michigan State

cbsprt.co/1vknfVp

Baylor number 6? Hmmm...ok. But I remember when the Gators used to live in the top 5, let alone the top 10. Now it seems like we are a universe away from every seeing this territory again. Is it me or does it seem the Gators are aligning themselves with pre 1990's universe. God help us....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Baylor probably jumped anm because of their close game with arky

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
even in the 80's we had a #1 ranking. champ has sent us back to the 70's

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n64299 said:

Or even worse back to the 60's.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
There's no dominant team this year, they all have weaknesses. Should at least make for an exciting season while we have to helplessly watch our dumpster fire.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I never imagined that the day there was finally a playoff that Florida would not be in the discussion

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We are defintely there now.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bright side people!
Ala. moving up helps our SOS... but then again, FSU moving down hurts it.
Oh well, I tried to be positive.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n64311 said:
I never imagined that the day there was finally a playoff that Florida would not be in the discussion

Seems we play-off every game?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n64309 said:
There's no dominant team this year, they all have weaknesses. Should at least make for an exciting season while we have to helplessly watch our dumpster fire.

This.

As far as the playoff goes, at least through five weeks of the season, one could make an argument for most of the SEC West, OU, Oregon, Baylor and Sparty plus the Clowns - though they have impressed me the least of this group so far.

The parity should make for a lot of fun as the playoff approaches. It is a pity we're not in the conversation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure what to make of Alabama. They're suddenly a finesse team, which is so flipping uncharacteristic of a Saban team. No more "we're gonna do this and we dare you to stop us" stuff. As much as I hate Florida State and loathe Winston, that guy can make plays. And there are other playmakers on that roster. I think FSU tops Bama mano a mano.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n64389]I'm not sure what to make of Alabama. They're suddenly a finesse team, which is so flipping uncharacteristic of a Saban team. No more "we're gonna do this and we dare you to stop us" stuff. As much as I hate Florida State and loathe Winston, that guy can make plays. And there are other playmakers on that roster. I think FSU tops Bama mano a mano. [/QUOTE]

we'll never know because Notre dame is going to make fsu their prison bitch

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n64389]I'm not sure what to make of Alabama. They're suddenly a finesse team, which is so flipping uncharacteristic of a Saban team. No more "we're gonna do this and we dare you to stop us" stuff. As much as I hate Florida State and loathe Winston, that guy can make plays. And there are other playmakers on that roster. I think FSU tops Bama mano a mano. [/QUOTE]

Since we're not in the conversation and probably won't be until Muschamp is a distant memory, of the current top 10, who do you root for - or who would it pain you the least to see win it all? For me, I think it'd be A&M. I like Sumlin, I like how they play and I like the fact that their success is sticking right in the eye of the Teasips.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n64299 said:

If we didn't self report we would have played for a National Title in the 80's. There were a number of very talented teams in the 80's that are now completely overlooked.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I disagree on FSU topping Bama, FSU can't stop giving the ball to the other team. Clemson should have beaten them, and FSU's defense gave up 41 to NC State. FSU is really feeling the loss of talent from last year.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n64397 said:
Since we're not in the conversation and probably won't be until Muschamp is a distant memory, of the current top 10, who do you root for - or who would it pain you the least to see win it all? For me, I think it'd be A&M. I like Sumlin, I like how they play and I like the fact that their success is sticking right in the eye of the Teasips.

I'd like to see Oregon win it this year....really like Mariotta and their team is fun to watch

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still think Bama loses 2 games. We just made them look like world beaters.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n64671 said:
I still think Bama loses 2 games. We just made them look like world beaters.

I don't know about us making them look like world beaters with 4 TO. But in what appears to be a down year in College football overall, they are just as good as any of the other top teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.