New coaching staff poll and discussion thread

How would you rate the inaugural coaching staff?

• A

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • B

Votes: 58 56.9%
  • C

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Below are the list of position assignments for Florida's 2018 coaching staff:
Okay, go ahead and vote and then let's talk about the new staff.

Discuss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches so far A
Recruiting so far A

I didn't like the hire but there isn't much arguing that the man is producing so far.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
For the most part, solid group. Results in February, spring ball, and the fall will tell us all we need to know on these guys.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Solid baseline staff...good mixture of experience and youth.

From here we can improve with better recruiters but right now we have a full staff with four weeks to go. Time to get some athletes

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Solid B+. Of course pretty much anything is better than the previous. I am actually looking forward to see what Seider can do with the tight ends. Maybe Mullen recognizes that position needs all the help it can get and Seider is the coach to turn them around.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I said b because of English and Robinson with the ability to go to A after this season starts.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I voted B. Seems like a pretty good staff, and they are certainly an upgrade from the previous schmucks. Still too soon to determine if they are really A's though. I hope they are that good. We are long overdue.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What are your favorite coach picks? What are your least favorite?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I voted a solid B. I'm typically the type of person who waits to see results before casting my opinion but so far I'm impressed with Mullen. My favorite hires are Sunseri and Gonzales. I'd put Lee Begley (who isn't a coach) in my group of favorites as well, she has opened a lot of doors on the recruiting trail. I'm not a Grantham fan for obvious reasons but otherwise the staff seems solidly above average. With the proper support staff I think these guys can build a championship team.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What are your favorite coach picks? What are your least favorite?

Favorite: Hevesy, Sunseri - games are won and lost at the LOS and I feel like we got two good ones here

Least Favorite: Grantham - I'll have to get over this one, but all I see is him making the choke sign at our kicker :puke:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I gave the staff a B. Had he kept Nord it would have thrown it over the top for an A+. Oh well, can't win 'em all..... :D

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Below are the list of position assignments for Florida's 2018 coaching staff:
Okay, go ahead and vote and then let's talk about the new staff.

Discuss.

Sunseri is a great hire. Keeping Seider is awesome. John Hevesy will get our titantic failure of an Oline turned around in short order. Grantham is better than I've seen many here willing to admit. For me his time at Georgia should be nice revenge fuel for a guy that has otherwise had a successful career. He recruited well there and I expect he'll do well here too.

I think Johnson and Gonzales are solid position coaches that are familiar with the system being installed. I think both will recruit well here. Robinson appears to have a high upside and could be a good "rise from within" prospect down the road. From the limited clips I could find, he seems like a guy that could be popular on the trail. Warren seems like a high character guy who has some experience at the position, but I think he's going to have to step up his game recruiting, because I don't think he'll get much help from English.

The only ones that I was "meh" about were English and Knox. English has a a lot of experience but I'm not sure how motivated he'll be on the trail. I would have thought we could get someone better. Knox knows the system and maybe that is a positive. I hope he can connect and recruit here.

B+

Could move to an A for me based on what happens when they hit the road together.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes I gave it a D, mainly b/c Cousin Eddie was the last person I wanted as a head coach. Add to that the bringing along of Grantham, Hevesy and Gonzalez, all 3 of whom I do not think are good coaches, brought me to my grade. I hope I am proven wrong over time!

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
My favorite hire is Nick Savage, whip them into shape! No more of the soft BS we've had recently.

I gave them a B just because you don't get an A until you prove it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, just a year ago when we were two coaches down inexplicably? And when we would send Nord and Butterteeth as our "deal closer" for important recruits?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Yeah, nice upgrade all the way around.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Staff is solid, and they are exactly what we need to be winning championships again and kicking ass allover the SEC and national stage. They have NFL and SEC experience, they know the competition and will quickly assess their inherited roster - adjusting their play calling to maximize the talent we have while they bring in exactly what we need to build the future. I really like how we take coaches known for one position and are having them cover some other position group - this shows tremendous trust in his staff and is ensuring we won't be crippled should any of them get snatched up to NFL jobs or be asked to replace Saban at Bama next season. Cross training, planning for the future knowing these studs may not be here long and we're lucky we have them while we do.

They just need another 4-5 years to build relationships in the state for recruiting purposes. Though they seem to be having mixed success holding onto the kids Mac had lined up for them. Of course, the decommits are afraid of both competition and the S&C shadow that it coming. But they seem to be filling those gaps with true diamond-in-the-rough kids (don't let those 4* and 5* ratings fool you, these kids have potential). New kids are definitely sold on the facilities over the staff at this point, since they are't sure who exactly is coaching their position week to week, but nobody can deny having a juice mobile outside the air conditioned indoor practice facility doesn't make us the envy of the Southeast.

However, I expect an immediate improvement as the staff are excellent talent evaporators and can develop kids to their potential above their recruited star rating. I expect our 3* roster will be S&C'd up to about 6* before the O&B game. Spring practice will be like the coaching staff where players learn multiple positions - depth will NOT be an issue for those that aren't in the hospital from S&C. This way, every kid has an opportunity to block on offense, and block in the back on special teams. Come fall, our team will be performing like the 9* kids we expect them to be under our all star staff. Participation ribbons are guaran-damn-teed!

:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.