New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hearing on Twitter that T-Rob and Randy Shannon are our new Co-Defensive Coordinators. On Twitter so take it for what its worth.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorwitt;n131824 said:
Hearing on Twitter that T-Rob and Randy Shannon are our new Co-Defensive Coordinators. On Twitter so take it for what its worth.

What???

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorwitt;n131824 said:

This will help us more than you know.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
spook;n131749 said:
He was going to be Muschamp's DC at Houston I think...and Muschamp had said several times that he was next in line behind Durkin. Maybe our best DC was a defensive backs coach we had who was promoted.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you could be totally 100% correct. But you should respect the fact that none of have a clue as to a coaches competence, and both Muschamp AND McElwain seem high on T Rob.

Why do you assume that he wouldn't work out?

Why do you assume he would?
Look, I think we can do better than a first time DC, but if that is who Mac wants then I hope he gets him. If TRob wants to follow WM, then adios and don't let the door hit you in ass on your way out. He is NOT irreplaceable as a secondary coach or a recruiter.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nevin shapiro is also going to donate the funds for an indoor practice facility

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Gatorwitt;n131824 said:

ok, if this is true, what are peoples thoughts on bringing shannon in? could help with Sofla recruiting

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n131831 said:

:facepalm:

After Florida's 26-3 victory against Miami on Saturday, Shannon hinted he was disappointed Meyer kicked a meaningless field goal with the outcome already decided. Turns out, the FG was just enough for the Gators to cover the betting spread. Let the fireworks begin.
Shannon initially answered the question with a "no comment," but revisited the issue during h is Sunday press conference. Without mentioning any names, Shannon said, "I'll just say this one statement: Sometimes, when you do things and people see what type of person that you really are, you turn a lot of people off. Now whatever you want to get out of that, I won't say it again. But it helped us. It helped us more than you'll ever know."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2008-09-09/sports/0809110140_1_randy-shannon-urban-meyer-tim-tebow

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n131801 said:
To be far about the TRob debate, VH3 would be a stud anywhere he goes. Great athlete, coach's son, and overall mature kid. Quincy Wilson is also a coach's son and also has tremendous measurables. Tabor was a huge get and I think he was a 5* kid on some services. Great measurables.

So the question is (and none of us know the answer) how much has TRob contributed to their development, or was it simply experience they needed. I have been on record stating that TRob has done a great job. The more I dig into the players, the more I wonder how much was him or the player. That is not meant to slight him in the least. I personally think any of those 3 CB's would only need an average coach to make their progression. I also look at Purifoy and Roberson
I agree they would all 3 be very good under any coach.....However Trob was their primary reason for coming here I believe. BTW, I forgot all about JC Jackson, damn we got talent coming out the backside in our secondary.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Randy Shannon is cut from the same mold as Muschamp, meaning he's had a great track record as a coordinator, but failed as a HC. In fact, they'll both be remembered for cleaning up behavioral issues at their respective programs while at the helm, but not winning anywhere near enough games because of inconsistent QB play and stagnant offenses.

During Shannon's six years as UM's defensive coordinator, his defenses ranked as follows in total defense nationally:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n131904 said:
Randy Shannon is cut from the same mold as Muschamp, meaning he's had a great track record as a coordinator, but failed as a HC. In fact, they'll both be remembered for cleaning up behavioral issues at their respective programs while at the helm, but not winning anywhere near enough games because of inconsistent QB play and stagnant offenses.

Wasn't he around for the shapiro scandal?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n131908 said:
Wasn't he around for the shapiro scandal?

He wasn't involved with the scandal. According to Wikipedia (best source EVAR!), he was actually one of the few people in and around that program that went out of his way to avoid Shapiro, going so far as to warn his players/staff to steer clear of him, even threatening to fire any coaches caught associating with him. Guy ran a squeaky clean program and had one arrest in four years, a miracle for Da U.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n131911 said:
He wasn't involved with the scandal. According to Wikipedia (best source EVAR!), he was actually one of the few people in and around that program that went out of his way to avoid Shapiro, going so far as to warn his players/staff to steer clear of him, even threatening to fire any coaches caught associating with him. Guy ran a squeaky clean program and had one arrest in four years, a miracle for Da U.

If that's the case I'd be all about Randy Shannon on the staff because he is a good d coordinator and I don't know of anyone that could recruit south Florida better. Atleast you would imagine he would dominate recruiting that region

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n131930 said:
Great news if true. Only one arrest in 4 years at da U is amazing. If both T-rob and Shannon are here, all we need is a decent offense.

we gotta find a qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator