New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He had hardly any arrests because his players weren't the top of the line Championship Miami ones like Miami had before. That is part of it anyway regardless of what some think. Miami has always had a correlation of crazy stuff and top NFL bound players when they were kicking butt usually. Having that many local guys on the same team leads to that probably.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like they're looking at Randy Shannon as the linebacker coach

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At least that's the word in the Twitterverse

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorJ;n131959 said:
It looks like they're looking at Randy Shannon as the linebacker coach
Why would he leave to become a linebacker coach? Isnt he the dc at arky?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon would be a great hire as a defensive assistant/DC for a lot of reasons, many of which were already mentioned here. We'd own south Florida recruiting.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing as how T-Rob already makes more than Durkin, he might as well be the DC.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n131985 said:
If we could keep TRob and land Shannon as well recruiting would be lights out

Yeah, but our facilities don't have automatic flushing toilets. This will kill us in the recruiting game

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n132026 said:
Yeah, but our facilities don't have automatic flushing toilets. This will kill us in the recruiting game

We need automatic ass wipers as well, or we'll really lose recruits.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Ray Finkle;n131985 said:
If we could keep TRob and land Shannon as well recruiting would be lights out

Can anyone come up with a professional nexus between McElwain and Shannon? TRob and Shannon? Just trying to figure out why Shannon is on the radar all of a sudden, other than the guy probably wants out of ARK and back to Fla.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n132029 said:
We need automatic ass wipers as well, or we'll really lose recruits.

So all we need is a bidet? That shouldn't break the bank.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n132033 said:
Can anyone come up with a professional nexus between McElwain and Shannon? TRob and Shannon? Just trying to figure out why Shannon is on the radar all of a sudden, other than the guy probably wants out of ARK and back to Fla.

Apparently the rumor popped up on Twitter, I think that's the only reason we're discussing it.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n132023 said:
Seeing as how T-Rob already makes more than Durkin, he might as well be the DC.

I don't think we should be making a "who's going to be the D/C" decision based on who makes the most as a position coach. Both T-Rob and Durkin may make outstanding defensive coordinators. But we don't know that for sure, neither of them has had that job yet at a major college program.

Hadn't been thinking about Randy Shannon, but that's a very interesting idea. He's run really good defenses at Miami, sent a lot of players to the pros, and probably is the creme of the crop in terms of knowing the recruiting landscape in south Florida. Pretty much got rid of Thug-U culture when he was at Miami, which had to have been very difficult. As far as I know, he pretty much did everything the right way down there, except not win enough games. He's way too good to stay as a LB coach at Arkansas very long, somebody's going to snatch him up, and it might as well be us. I'd rather have the proven Shannon as D/C than either of the unproven internal (apparent) candidates, T-Rob or Durkin. Let them get their D/C seasoning somewhere else first.

Not that I'm making any decisions on coaching staff, of course.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yankeetown;n132041 said:
I don't think we should be making a "who's going to be the D/C" decision based on who makes the most as a position coach. Both T-Rob and Durkin may make outstanding defensive coordinators. But we don't know that for sure, neither of them has had that job yet at a major college program.

Hadn't been thinking about Randy Shannon, but that's a very interesting idea. He's run really good defenses at Miami, sent a lot of players to the pros, and probably is the creme of the crop in terms of knowing the recruiting landscape in south Florida. Pretty much got rid of Thug-U culture when he was at Miami, which had to have been very difficult. As far as I know, he pretty much did everything the right way down there, except not win enough games. He's way too good to stay as a LB coach at Arkansas very long, somebody's going to snatch him up, and it might as well be us. I'd rather have the proven Shannon as D/C than either of the unproven internal (apparent) candidates, T-Rob or Durkin. Let them get their D/C seasoning somewhere else first.

Not that I'm making any decisions on coaching staff, of course.

Are you saying we aren't a major college program?

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n132038 said:
Apparently the rumor popped up on Twitter, I think that's the only reason we're discussing it.

Yeah, it's all over Twitter, just wonder if there is any basis for it, and not seeing it. I think Shannon and Emmitt were Cowboys together in '90. Maybe 6 degrees of separation thing going on. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n132043 said:
Are you saying we aren't a major college program?

I think what he's saying is what most of us are thinking. Durkin was DC in title only. If you ever watched him on the sideline he was constantly looking at Muschamp like "what do I do now".

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Travaris Robinson (bottom right) with his players at a UF banquet earlier today.

B47zEgRCQAAVgFF.jpg

The players obviously relate to this guy and love him for lots and lots of reasons. :-) It'd be a gutsy move by McElwain to hand the defensive reigns over to T-Rob, but it could pay off in a big way.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n128721 said:
How many yards did Cook have? How is that "lights out"? They did get better and they were a GOOD defense. We're arguing over nothing.

T REX;n132125 said:
Dude, you're one whiny slit...you know that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.