New Commit: DB from Miami Nigel Bethel Jr

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Commit #3 for the 2018 class:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-picks-commitment-miami-cornerback/

Florida added to its 2018 class with a commitment from Northwestern (Miami) CB Nigel Bethel Jr.

Bethel, who measures 5-foot-11, 160 pounds, tagged Florida defensive coordinator Randy Shannon, a former Miami Hurricanes player and coach who recruits the area for the Gators, in his announcement.

1f910.png
#AllBite18
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f537.png
1f536.png
@RLS2294 pic.twitter.com/QmPCJzqwx4

— Baby Nigel (@F5_nigel) February 8, 2017

The Gators are expected to place a heavy emphasis on recruiting South Florida for its 2018 class. Two of Florida’s recent hires, Ja’Juan Seider and Corey Bell, have extensive ties recruiting the area. UF also recently picked up a commitment from Bethel’s teammate, Divaad Wilson.

Bethel’s highlights can be viewed below:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We will take all of the commits from Miami we can get

I read on another site that the kid may have committed to us...but not sure if it was a committable offer from UF. Waiting to see if there's anymore news on this.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read on another site that the kid may have committed to us...but not sure if it was a committable offer from UF. Waiting to see if there's anymore news on this.
Wait, you mean to tell me that there IS a difference between an offer and a committable offer? And all this time Ive been told we staight up beat bama for those 3 star kids

:wobble:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Please tell me he isn't really 160 pounds? Somebody give the man a cheeseburger.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've gotta' take back some of what I've said about Mac not concentrating enough on Florida recruits. It appears he got the message. Now if he can just land some of the ELITE recruits in Florida instead of watching them go out of state.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He's a cover corner not a tackling corner

No cover corner is playing in the SEC at 160. To even think of playing, he's going to have to gain at least 25 pounds. C.J. McWilliams was a 3 star out of Miami. He came in at 164. After being on campus for a year, he has barely gained any weight (171). He won't see the field either unless he gets bigger. This seems like an unnecessary risk.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No cover corner is playing in the SEC at 160. To even think of playing, he's going to have to gain at least 25 pounds. C.J. McWilliams was a 3 star out of Miami. He came in at 164. After being on campus for a year, he has barely gained any weight (171). He won't see the field either unless he gets bigger. This seems like an unnecessary risk.
Yep, VHIII, Haden and Jenkins, while not tall, were 185-190 lbs. when they got here.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was joking, maybe I said it wrong

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone find him on Rivals? I cannot. I see we beat FAU & UCF for him. Good job Mac.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Dieon Sanders was 162lbs when he came to FSU (not saying this kid will be a Sanders, but he's still 2 falls from being on our campus - if he signs). He'll likely play at 165-170 as a HS senior and if he redshirts at UF could be well over 180 by his redshirt freshman year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No idea how you live with yourself being so negative.

LOL. It's just a question. I guess you couldn't find him either. I read on another site that this was some kind of miscommunication and there really wasn't an offer. Can anyone confirm or have other info?

If true, then I guess our staff is negative also. Right?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
LOL. It's just a question. I guess you couldn't find him either. I read on another site that this was some kind of miscommunication and there really wasn't an offer. Can anyone confirm or have other info?

If true, then I guess our staff is negative also. Right?

I think that's the case.... he was given a non-committable offer and he "committed" and put it on his twitter. It's not being announced anywhere and McElwain usually does the discreet tweet announcing a commitment.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scout lists him as an athlete. 247 lists him as a receiver. Rivals doesn't list him at all. I hope this is a noncommittal offer, because we already have 2 corners on the roster that came in this size and haven't gained the weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator