New dorms on deck?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_2017-04-07-14-12-56.png This is from today and Mac is showing these pics to the recruits. If you look at the pic on the left it's clearly dorms...the one in the middle is the all in one complex and the one on the right is the locker room. Mac may refuse to fire bums like Nuss/Nord and he may can't recruit worth a sh*t but he's setting up the next guy to be very successful with these facility upgrades! #ChompChomp

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am so glad to hear this, I was worried that the primadonnas were going to be forced to live like common folk....what an abomination that would be.

Nothing is too good for 18 year old entitled millennials that can run fast.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I am so glad to hear this, I was worried that the primadonnas were going to be forced to live like common folk....what an abomination that would be.

You do realize that 50% of these will be filled by regular students...right??? The dorms will benefit alot of students at UF!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

While I understand your sentiments, it's just the nature of the beast unfortunately. You have to keep up with the top schools to get the top recruits. Wish it weren't that way, but it is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We will probably just paint the drop ceilings and cover up the harvest gold with a better color of wallpaper.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Does anyone know where they are going to put them? I can't think of anywhere close to the practice facility. The reason I ask, I spoke to an Uber driver who swears he received a call from the Keys dorms, which is just over the right field fence of the baseball field. When he arrived, one of our big O-Linemen got in and the driver asked where to. He says "The O'Dome." The driver says, "It's 150 yards, are you sure?" The kid asked how much the fare was and the driver said, "$.85," and the kid said, "Im dead serious. Let's go." Based on that, I hope it's not too far.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize that 50% of these will be filled by regular students...right??? The dorms will benefit alot of students at UF!

Yes, I realize that. They camouflage the purpose of the dorms by adding some regular students. My sons lived in Keys and Springs while at UF and knew they were the token regular students

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While I understand your sentiments, it's just the nature of the beast unfortunately. You have to keep up with the top schools to get the top recruits. Wish it weren't that way, but it is.

I understand that but that doesn't make it right nor does it mean I have to agree with it. We are playing in a high stakes game and this is the ante.
I just don't like it because it helps to breed the entitlement that creates problems for decades with these kids.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good... gotta start moving in a positive direction sometime when you've standing still for about a decade, rebuild that Brand,
Go Gators!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd prefer decks on the new dorms. It's really nice to be able to step out on your own private outside deck and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine once in a while.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I understand that but that doesn't make it right nor does it mean I have to agree with it. .
JFC people, even the Army has rebuilt most of their ancient barracks.

Just bc it was good enough in the 70s doesnt mean they are entitled if we rebuild today.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JFC people, even the Army has rebuilt most of their ancient barracks.

Just bc it was good enough in the 70s doesnt mean they are entitled if we rebuild today.

We all know why these improvements are being made. Including the other groups is camouflage.
I don't agree with the kissing up to today's players but I realize that you must play along or be left behind

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Obviously Mac reads this board :lol:
I hope he does read the boards, someone needs to tell him he sucks, it might as well be me and most of the rest of this board.

You are an awful coach and recruiter if you could recruit half as good as you sold yourself to Foley you'd be good at recruiting. I can't wait for the day you are canned and a real coach is brought in. I wish you nothing but the best in the future but you got to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator