***New England 34 vs. Atlanta 28, OT***

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm I the only one that thinks Atlanta fked up not running the ball more when they were inside the 30 and in FG range with 6 min to go instead of dropping 7 yds in a pass play?
I saw a stat today that said they only attempted 4 rushes after they went up 28-3. That's unforgivable for the guy who was the coordinator of the year (Shanahan). Seems funny the last two SB victories for the Patriots were directly caused by their opponent not running the ball in the 4th quarter.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a stat today that said they only attempted 4 rushes after they went up 28-3. That's unforgivable for the guy who was the coordinator of the year (Shanahan). Seems funny the last two SB victories for the Patriots were directly caused by their opponent not running the ball in the 4th quarter.

That's just nuts. You got yourself in a winning position. Matt Bryant is a great kicker. Salt away the win.

I wonder what SF fans are saying about the playcalling.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm I the only one that thinks Atlanta fked up not running the ball more when they were inside the 30 and in FG range with 6 min to go instead of dropping 7 yds in a pass play?

No. It makes perfect sense to run it at least on 1st down after the great catch by Julio. I don't mind throwing there either because it's the falcons bread
and butter, but there better be a safety valve in the flats. Ryan just can't take a sack there, and he knows it. He'll be thinking of that for the rest of his career. Also I think Coleman was a big loss for them. He presents all kinds of match-up problems for an opponent that Freeman just doesn't bring to the table. His walk-in score was really a thing of beauty, and he was a big red zone weapon all year long.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
We pulled that crap all year. It bit us in almost all our losses.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
No. It makes perfect sense to run it at least on 1st down after the great catch by Julio. I don't mind throwing there either because it's the falcons bread
and butter, but there better be a safety valve in the flats. Ryan just can't take a sack there, and he knows it. He'll be thinking of that for the rest of his career. Also I think Coleman was a big loss for them. He presents all kinds of match-up problems for an opponent that Freeman just doesn't bring to the table. His walk-in score was really a thing of beauty, and he was a big red zone weapon all year long.
It makes perfect sense to run it on every play on the 23 with 3:56 to go up by 8. They threw on 2nd and 11, took a sack, then a holding penalty put them out of FG range. Ball game. Dumb!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of kids in Sub-Saharan Africa are about to be sporting "Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl LI Champs" t-shirts.
44224497.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Seen this? He..he..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.