New Gator Commit: #1 K - Eddy Pineiro

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
There was a great tweet from David Sharpe regarding this 77 yarder. "We always in FG range now." Thought that was pretty good.

Let that sink in for a second. That means if we get to the 40 not the opponents 40 but our own 40 we are within FG range. Hell we could've at least had 24 points against F$U and Bama.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let that sink in for a second. That means if we get to the 40 not the opponents 40 but our own 40 we are within FG range. Hell we could've at least had 24 points against F$U and Bama.
I highly doubt he can do that in an actual game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about if we can just get to the 30 and not have to worry. How many games with Treon would have been over much earlier or be closer if we had that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You fail to see that he is the #1 Kicker
What comes around, goes around, NCO.
94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is coaching and PD important? Yes. I really think that when talent is equal then coaching really matters. And you'll see some bad coaches lose to lesser talented teams. I agree. But when you are talking Saban, Miles etc. The big boys...you need TALENT AND COACHING. You probably aren't outsmarting Saban so having a huge talent gap makes it that much harder to beat him. Did you see these numbers:

Bama has recruited 48 - FORTY EIGHT 4 & 5 stars over the last 3 years
FSU - 41 4/5 stars
UF - 28 4/5 stars

You can hate me all you want but it doesn't change those numbers. Throw in some injuries and you have 3 star John Doe going up against 5 star stud guy. You can spin it however you feel but you need TOP NOTCH talent to win the SEC. Would you at least agree on that?

I absolutely agree. I think the difference here is that most people accept the reality of the sh!!tt sandwhich which was served up to Coach Mac. He came in with a 100 + recruiting class and in short order made it into a top 20 class...from which many of the guys he snagged last year with just a couple of weeks to recruit have been instrumental this year. Most also believe he'll snag some top guys to close this year and finish strong. You do not seem to believe that will happen.

Can you not see how crafty he has been in filling our needs?

- He just signed the #1 junior college running back.

- He just stole the #1 junior college kicker from Nick Saban.

- That 3 star running back that committed last summer that everyone was bitching about his star rating. Yeah, that guy just has a stellar year and the only reason his numbers are ridiculously high is because he had a good coach who was smart enough to pull him out of several games when they were whipping their opponent. He even pulled him at halftime a couple times. Yeah, that guy. He was being heavily pursued by bama and Nick Saban wanted him so badly he was being personally recruited by Saban himself. That guy just told Nick Saban to go pound sand because he was sticking with the Gators.

- We just signed a 4* QB who was a longtime commit to LSU before Mac and company wooed him away. Nobody thought we had a chance with him.

- We just signed a stud junior college WR with great speed and play making ability who should be ready to play immediately. That'll come in handy as we all know D-Rob is gone this year.

Mac is getting guys who can and will contribute immediately. As well as building much needed depth. He knows what he's doing. He knows how to build a program. He knows he needs the elite athletes also. And he'll get them. The difference between you and almost everybody else is we see the positives, while you seemingly cannot enjoy any of them. There is a marked difference in your tone and temperament. You may say you're being a realist. But we are all experiencing a saddest.. (You're also a liar, as you clearly are not taking that self mandated vacation)

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely agree. I think the difference here is that most people accept the reality of the sh!!tt sandwhich which was served up to Coach Mac. He came in with a 100 + recruiting class and in short order made it into a top 20 class...from which many of the guys he snagged last year with just a couple of weeks to recruit have been instrumental this year. Most also believe he'll snag some top guys to close this year and finish strong. You do not seem to believe that will happen.

Can you not see how crafty he has been in filling our needs?

- He just signed the #1 junior college running back.

- He just stole the #1 junior college kicker from Nick Saban.

- That 3 star running back that committed last summer that everyone was *****ing about his star rating. Yeah, that guy just has a stellar year and the only reason his numbers are ridiculously high is because he had a good coach who was smart enough to pull him out of several games when they were whipping their opponent. He even pulled him at halftime a couple times. Yeah, that guy. He was being heavily pursued by bama and Nick Saban wanted him so badly he was being personally recruited by Saban himself. That guy just told Nick Saban to go pound sand because he was sticking with the Gators.

- We just signed a 4* QB who was a longtime commit to LSU before Mac and company wooed him away. Nobody thought we had a chance with him.

- We just signed a stud junior college WR with great speed and play making ability who should be ready to play immediately. That'll come in handy as we all know D-Rob is gone this year.

Mac is getting guys who can and will contribute immediately. As well as building much needed depth. He knows what he's doing. He knows how to build a program. He knows he needs the elite athletes also. And he'll get them. The difference between you and almost everybody else is we see the positives, while you seemingly cannot enjoy any of them. There is a marked difference in your tone and temperament. You may say you're being a realist. But we are all experiencing a saddest.. (You're also a liar, as you clearly are not taking that self mandated vacation)

Did you read where I said it wasn't all on Coach Mac and that Muschamp gets a lot of blame as well. I'm not a liar. I left last night instead of carrying on these ridiculous arguments. I don't answer to you so I really don't care what you think of me. You should realize that by now.

Also, I look at it much differently. I'm looking at catching up to the FSU's and Bama's because until we do...we're not winning anything outside of the East. We have a lot of needs. Guess what? Kids leave every year so there are always needs. You need to keep filling the roster with talent. When you bring in 38 3 star kids over a 3 year period...do you think that has an overall effect on your 2 deep roster...yes or no?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could T-Rex be a 6*? Yet, at NSD, what if a few 5*s say they best wanted to go to
UF, but there were no scholarships open ?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you read where I said it wasn't all on Coach Mac and that Muschamp gets a lot of blame as well. I'm not a liar. I left last night instead of carrying on these ridiculous arguments. I don't answer to you so I really don't care what you think of me. You should realize that by now.

Also, I look at it much differently. I'm looking at catching up to the FSU's and Bama's because until we do...we're not winning anything outside of the East. We have a lot of needs. Guess what? Kids leave every year so there are always needs. You need to keep filling the roster with talent. When you bring in 38 3 star kids over a 3 year period...do you think that has an overall effect on your 2 deep roster...yes or no?

You say you don't want to carry on these ridiculous arguments yet go on to do just that. We're talking in circles here. You will not see the positives and I nor anyone else can make you. I refuse to live life like eorr from Winnie the poo and you won't convince me otherwise. This is growing boring and tiresome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator