New Gator!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So true. Nothing is as amazing as being s parent. That said... if you don't want to have kids... DON'T!!!
Agreed. Then again, don't wait till you're old to decide to have them. Now I know why people have kids in their 20s. :whew:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Then again, don't wait till you're old to decide to have them. Now I know why people have kids in their 20s. :whew:
Horsesh*t! I'll be 50 in a few months and my son will turn 3 a few weeks before then. Waiting provides a lot of positives...more patience, financial security, and a greater appreciation for all the little things.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Horsesh*t! I'll be 50 in a few months and my son will turn 3 a few weeks before then. Waiting provides a lot of positives...more patience, financial security, and a greater appreciation for all the little things.

It does, but there are also benefits to being younger and having more energy. Might be just me, but my body doesn't handle sleep deprivation like it used to and chasing a 6 year old hurts more due to bad knees... positives and negatives to everything

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations ATX, that's really a fine looking son. Mom did a great job.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It does, but there are also benefits to being younger and having more energy. Might be just me, but my body doesn't handle sleep deprivation like it used to and chasing a 6 year old hurts more due to bad knees... positives and negatives to everything
Yeah, I'd like to have more energy but it is what it is. Worth every moment!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
She got pregnant, we were about to be first-time parents and rather than walk away from it, I married her. Maybe not the best circumstance -- we divorced a few years ago -- but I'd make the decision all over again.

I was 41 at the time and until then had been ambivalent over the idea of ever becoming a parent. That forced me to think different. I can't imagine not being a dad. I love my son more than anything.

Congrats, ATX.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never wanted to make the leap from playing man-on-man to zone, so we stopped at 2.

Now.... are you sure it's yours?

True story, when my second daughter was born she had a cute little chin dimple. The doc holds her, said how cute, looks at me and says.... you dont have a cleft chin. I replied with, "yeah, but my best friend does". The shocked look on the doc's face was worth the wife's scorn.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're coming at me wrong. ATX nailed my point. Energy and pain is my problem. In hindsight, it would have been great doing all these things at 25, but you aren't thinking that way. Instead, at 25, I was too worried about Hookers and Blow.

The other shïtty part about waiting till you're 40 means the Grandparents are much old and certainly don't want to help out, at least not in this household. They can't pick up a kid without a little pee trickling down there leg.

Anyway, I'm excited for you, ATX.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're coming at me wrong. ATX nailed my point. Energy and pain is my problem. In hindsight, it would have been great doing all these things at 25, but you aren't thinking that way. Instead, at 25, I was too worried about Hookers and Blow.

The other shïtty part about waiting till you're 40 means the Grandparents are much old and certainly don't want to help out, at least not in this household. They can't pick up a kid without a little pee trickling down there leg.

Anyway, I'm excited for you, ATX.
My only regret is that my mom didn't get to see my son grow up. She passed away unexpectedly when he was 15 months old. I'm grateful for the time she had with him and know she cherished every moment.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The other shïtty part about waiting till you're 40 means the Grandparents are much old and certainly don't want to help out, at least not in this household.

Very true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator