Shhhhhhh!!!! I'm sneaking up on him.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n21355 said:
Just being curious here but what if that record included wins over UT, UGA and the Clowns with injuries being on par with last year ???? Oh, and he won the bowl game to boot. Not being argumentative just curious as to what carries the most weight with you guys to him being retained. I remember Cooper at OSU being fired despite a stellar record...he just couldn't beat UM.

If a bowl game was won, the record would be 8-5.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at our schedule, it's hard to see 10 wins unless the offense suddenly starts averaging 33/35 points a game. I think we might do that but I'm not going to bet the farm on it.

I think 8/9 wins is tops and I'm resigned that only a win over one of the Big 3 (FSU, Bama, UGA) can save the HC's job. Pack your bags Willie!:bananawave:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n21565 said:
I'm thinking you should put down the crackpipe.

The injury bug has already destroyed the brain of the head coach. He thinks you win games with TOP. We'll be 7-6 again. Very little reason to believe the coach has changed his line of thinking and under stress he'll do what he believes (play it safe and punt). Vince Dooley/Ray Goof ball is part of his DNA.

You can't change a dawg's colors.

Call me Stevie Wonder but I must have missed all of those star studded skill position players(1 RB) and functional offensive linemen(probably the worst in CFB) to think that playing it safe(with the best PK and Punter in the country) that would have made this strategy so bad(with a first year starting QB) IN 2012 when we won 11 games.....Or perhaps if I had been able to see the games last year I would have seen the starting QB(basically the hub of the entire offense)get injured at the start of the 3rd game or watch the best defensive player(and the leader of the defense) get injured after the 3rd game, or 28 other players in the 2 deep get carried off the field during all the games I didn't see I might have a clue as to what you're speaking about.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ufgator812 said:
Just being curious here but what if that record included wins over UT, UGA and the Clowns with injuries being on par with last year ???? Oh, and he won the bowl game to boot. Not being argumentative just curious as to what carries the most weight with you guys to him being retained. I remember Cooper at OSU being fired despite a stellar record...he just couldn't beat UM.

Correct....however coaches typically get fired BEFORE bowl games, right ?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:

Or sometimes not.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Law98gator;n21565 said:

The injury bug has already destroyed the brain of the head coach. He thinks you win games with TOP. We'll be 7-6 again. Very little reason to believe the coach has changed his line of thinking and under stress he'll do what he believes (play it safe and punt). Vince Dooley/Ray Goof ball is part of his DNA.

Call me Stevie Wonder but I must have missed all of those star studded skill position players(1 RB) and functional offensive linemen(probably the worst in CFB) to think that playing it safe(with the best PK and Punter in the country) that would have made this strategy so bad(with a first year starting QB) IN 2012 when we won 11 games.....Or perhaps if I had been able to see the games last year I would have seen the starting QB(basically the hub of the entire offense)get injured at the start of the 3rd game or watch the best defensive player(and the leader of the defense) get injured after the 3rd game, or 28 other players in the 2 deep get carried off the field during all the games I didn't see I might have a clue as to what you're speaking about.....
We actually got improved QB play until Murphy's shoulder was injured against LSU.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Law98gator;n21565 said:

Agree w/Gator Fever. I didn't see anything out of JD before his injury and was thinking he looked terrible at the moment he was injured.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I had forgotten that crete used to be such a muschamp apologist... must have been back in his bert love phase :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The first part of the thread was gold - I almost started passing out likes. :lol:
Good to see Law hasn't changed a bit in 3 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The first part of the thread was gold - I almost started passing out likes. :lol:
Good to see Law hasn't changed a bit in 3 years.
I havent changed a bit because Gator football has changed a fvkking iota other than which TOP puntball bad Saban copy piece of shyt is running the team.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jesus, I forgot how many of you held on the bitter end. The Muschump :nutswinger:was strong back then.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I had a strong feeling deep down in his 2nd year that despite winning, we weren't going to get the offense fixed. The start of 2013 confirmed that. I really don't understand how anyone DIDN'T see it... might as well have been sitting on our face.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I had a strong feeling deep down in his 2nd year that despite winning, we weren't going to get the offense fixed. The start of 2013 confirmed that. I really don't understand how anyone DIDN'T see it... might as well have been sitting on our face.

Even the 2012 season showed that to my brother and I. The record was misleading. We were terrible offensively that year as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb