New NFL Draft evaluation process

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
Good idea IMO. We had a couple leave that had no business leaving yet, although we may be better without them. Time will tell.

8802Gator

The problem is the NFL scouts are the one doing evals and it is in their best interest to have as many guys come out for the draft as possible, so they are telling 60 guys they are first rounders, and 75 others they are second rounders. That and the ridiculous recruiting process now has these kids thinking they are God's gift to the sporting world by the time they hit their juniour year in high school.

JC_Gator

8802Gator;15951 said:
The problem is the NFL scouts are the one doing evals and it is in their best interest to have as many guys come out for the draft as possible, so they are telling 60 guys they are first rounders, and 75 others they are second rounders. That and the ridiculous recruiting process now has these kids thinking they are God's gift to the sporting world by the time they hit their juniour year in high school.

That is the truth. Athletes more so than ever are given a sense of entitlement. I think this is good and will at least reverse the trend. To me if a player isn't a 1st or 2nd rounder he should stay.

Gator Fever

8802Gator said:
I heard they were overestimating some but it was mostly the agents giving the crazy scenarios like they usually do for ones that aren't first rounders. They know they get 3% or so of the contract if the kid does sign with them so they will tell them all kinds of bs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator