Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just saw Doug Nussmeyer(sp?) on SEC Network and he said those dreaded words we've heard too often over the last 6 years....."Any time you start with a new offense"............My question, is it better to be starting over again with what looks to be a starting QB battle also going on or would it be better for them to come out of spring with a designated starter for fall? Keeping it to themselves of course....:suspect2:
My thoughts going into spring were that I wanted them to take as long as the 2nd or 3rd game of the season to settle the position. Now I'm wondering if they should go with the guy who has the best grasp on the entire offense and possibly work on "packaging" a back up who might not grasp the entire offense. I'm not sure if either Harris or Grier has taken snaps from under center before, will this be a big factor in determining the starter?
Your thoughts....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe they should take their time on deciding who the QB should be. This year, the expectations are not high. The coaches should use that to their advantage and not rush a decision.

Also, in before Ox changes the thread title to where it is not in all caps.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are in for a Bumpy start no matter who is the starting QB.

Installing a "New" Offense behind a questionable OL is never easy.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

I went to the Dr. yesterday and he says I've been infected by the "law98 syndrome", which used to be call viral pessimism. (The only know cure is "winning"!)

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n196636 said:
I believe they should take their time on deciding who the QB should be. This year, the expectations are not high. The coaches should use that to their advantage and not rush a decision.

Also, in before Ox changes the thread title to where it is not in all caps.

I disagree. I think the expectations are high this year based on circumstance. Between this year and next year, this our more solid shot at winning. We are going to lose a lot of players next year, and the rest of the East should be down (besides Tennessee which is the wild card).

I understand that it's a new coaching staff, new scheme, and new relationships. With the defense we have back, we just need a marginal increase in offensive production two win ten or more games.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
deuce;n196638 said:
I went to the Dr. yesterday and he says I've been infected by the "law98 syndrome", which used to be call viral pessimism. (The only know cure is "winning"!)
I hear ya, this is the least excited about spring ball I've been in a long time. Sad considering we have a new coach but my expectations are running a little low.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Another all-caps title gets you a vacation. :wink:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n196653 said:
Another all-caps title gets you a vacation. :wink:

10-4, I EAT OVER MY LAP TOP A LOT AND SOMETIMES THE CRUMBS MAKE THE KEYS STICK...........:stickpoke:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, it's "food" that makes the keys sticky.

[insertJenniferLawrencewinkingandshakingherhead.imghere]

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n196643 said:
I disagree. I think the expectations are high this year based on circumstance. Between this year and next year, this our more solid shot at winning. We are going to lose a lot of players next year, and the rest of the East should be down (besides Tennessee which is the wild card).

I understand that it's a new coaching staff, new scheme, and new relationships. With the defense we have back, we just need a marginal increase in offensive production two win ten or more games.

One more injury on the O-line and there won't be a marginal increase in offensive production, which is why expectations are not as high as they normally would be this year. That said, if the O-line stays healthy, I think we win the East this year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n196682 said:
One more injury on the O-line and there won't be a marginal increase in offensive production, which is why expectations are not as high as they normally would be this year. That said, if the O-line stays healthy, I think we win the East this year.

If the offense is healthy and gells, it has to work as a complete unit through out the season. Not like the last few seasons where they only would work as a unit for a few games a year.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I hope they pick a QB after Spring. We need 1 leader going into summer workouts. 1 QB calling the WR's and running practices. If not we will have both Treon and Will fighting over leadership and a power struggle will ensue. The team will be divided just like it was with Driskel and Brissett. The black WR's will work out with Treon, and CJ Worton will play catch with Grier. And we'll have a cluster f*!? starting the season.

And of course GCMB will be divided along racial lines.

Pick a guy, give him 1st team reps, tell the team he's your guy, he's the leader, and make it clear to everyone. If after a couple of games he doesn't look like the right guy then make a change. But don't drag this out and jeopardize dividing the team.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n196611 said:
My thoughts going into spring were that I wanted them to take as long as the 2nd or 3rd game of the season to settle the position. Now I'm wondering if they should go with the guy who has the best grasp on the entire offense and possibly work on "packaging" a back up who might not grasp the entire offense.

What a novel concept. You're just now deciding that ought to be a determining factor in who gets the starting QB job? :facepalm:
:stickpoke:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n196638 said:
I went to the Dr. yesterday and he says I've been infected by the "law98 syndrome", which used to be call vile pessimism... QUOTE]

FIFY :proud:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n196661 said:
10-4, I EAT OVER MY LAP TOP A LOT AND SOMETIMES THE CRUMBS MAKE THE KEYS STICK...........:stickpoke:

'Crete, the breadcrumbs are not the reason your keyboard is sticky.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone tell what the offense is going to be? More like CSU or more like Bama when McElwain was there? I keep reading the pro style stuff in some articles but none really say if its going to be a spread offense or not for the most part or under center mostly. I have my doubts with a mostly pro style having much success due to our situation with linemen etc.

As far as QB goes I know most people want to dream Will Grier is the next Danny etc. but we have no idea. Harris has shown he at least has his head in the right spot when thrown into there as a true freshman and with Muschamp beating him to death a few games running him so much.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n196691 said:
What a novel concept. You're just now deciding that ought to be a determining factor in who gets the starting QB job? :facepalm:
:stickpoke:

What if the guy who has the best grasp can't hit the broad side of a barn, or he sh!ts himself in the face of pressure, does he deserve to be the starter then:dunno:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n196693 said:
'Crete, the breadcrumbs are not the reason your keyboard is sticky.

It's worn out? :headscratch: Tell me, since you seem to be an expert on sticky keys:stickpoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator