NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think the Offense should look a little like the Seahawks. We have the RBs to support it, and if we need to go down field we should be able to with what I have heard about the scheme. I am wondering how the TE will be used, but I am glad that we WILL SEE a JET F'N SWEEP....why we ran it twice last year I will never know. If we can stay healthy on the Oline, I see us competing against bUTtchg for the SEC Title.....I mean that is if they haven't already won it? I have been busy with work for the last 45 days or so I might have missed some games.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n198341 said:
I think the Offense should look a little like the Seahawks. We have the RBs to support it, and if we need to go down field we should be able to with what I have heard about the scheme. I am wondering how the TE will be used, but I am glad that we WILL SEE a JET F'N SWEEP....why we ran it twice last year I will never know. If we can stay healthy on the Oline, I see us competing against bUTtchg for the SEC Title.....I mean that is if they haven't already won it? I have been busy with work for the last 45 days or so I might have missed some games.

:exactly:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“This is pro style. Straight pro style everything,” Kelvin Taylor said. “Downhill, one-cut. I feel like this offense should be great and I’m excited to carry the ball. I can’t wait.”

I guess that solves what offense we will be running and its not the Colorado State one.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n198537 said:
“This is pro style. Straight pro style everything,” Kelvin Taylor said. “Downhill, one-cut. I feel like this offense should be great and I’m excited to carry the ball. I can’t wait.”

I guess that solves what offense we will be running and its not the Colorado State one.

Adam Lane should do very well in it ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n198279 said:
That scares me some because it will probably be a couple of years before we have the linemen/personnel to have a lot of success playing the type of offense Bama did when McElwain was there. I guess we have to hope the QB position under Muschamp was by far the biggest issue and not the other positions.
It shouldn't. We have more prostyle athletes than spread.

About 90 teams run "The Spread"*** in college. About 85 suck at it. It is far from some panacea. In 2005, when we had 4 and 5 star athletes 2 or 3 deep at ever position, we sucked at it then too. We don't have the little speedy smurf to run it and even when you have lil speedy smurfs, most of them aren't Percy Harvin.

When I think of McElwain, I think of Michigan State under John L Smith (5 or 6 years I think) then Fresno for a year and then a short time under the South Pole Elf Saban (3 years). When I think of Nussmeier, I think of disasters so I don't want to think of him at all.

Some of you think it's going to be the Meyer years all over again. It's clear that isn't true. His agent kept talking about Mac being the new Spurrier. I've never seen that out of him. Frankly, I don't think we know what we are going to get.

*** that term and the belief that there are two offenses gives me seizures but we'll stick with it for now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I suppose the sales pitch will be that you want to come here b/c it will prepare you for an nfl offense. We havent had that pitch in a very long time, and considering the lack of skill player depth, hell the lack of ANY player depth on offense, it may be a good move. I just hope we throw the ball and use all areas of the field. If we suffer through another season of run run, throw 3 yards short of the marker and then punt I'm literally going to :suicide:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n198546 said:
If we suffer through another season of run run run, throw 3 yards short of the marker and then punt I'm literally going to :suicide:
That was the exact thing we did under Daz. It isn't "The Spread" vs. "The Pro-style" thing. In fact, throwing the ball short and "letting your playmaker make someone miss" is a central tenet of "The Spread".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n198551 said:
That was the exact thing we did under Daz. It isn't "The Spread" vs. "The Pro-style" thing. In fact, throwing the ball short and "letting your playmaker make someone miss" is a central tenet of "The Spread".

I honestly dont care what type of offensive philosophy we employ as long as we recruit for that style and have coaches competent in the X's and O's of it who can develop a gameplan and manage a game. Run, throw, whatever, for the love of God just do something successfully for a change. Make it fun to watch again. If we run on first down, then get 5 yards! If we throw on first down, then freaking challenge somebody and stress the defense! Just sick of the crap weve watched the last 6 years. So freaking tired of it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Again I will say that Mac is fully aware of the lack of offense over the last several years and I think much of the conversation with Foley in the very beginning was discussing the offensive expectations and I have to believe they will put together a balanced offense that will include airing it out. I honestly think we will see a bunch of talent we really didnt know we had because they were either sitting on the bench or just not properly developed. All of this is pure speculation of course but Mac seems intent on turning this ship around and I think he fully understands the importance of scoring as many points as possible.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
gatormandan;n198590 said:
I honestly think we will see a bunch of talent we really didnt know we had because they were either sitting on the bench or just not properly developed. All of this is pure speculation of course
I agree 100 percent Dan. The tools are in the shed. They need to be sharpened a bit and some have never seen the dirt but I believe that is about to be changed. The old staff was much like an angry monkey trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n198551 said:
You said playmaker! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator