New walk-on QB - Jack Ruskell

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw this over at 247's boards:

There's a new walk-on QB from Alabama, Jack Ruskell. He apparently committed to be a "priority" walk-on at Alabama...but he's on our new roster:

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10512

Here's an article from when he committed to walk-on at Alabama, his dad was the Director of Player Personnel at Alabama and is now a scout w/ the Tenn Titans. He sent his film to the new Director of Player Personnel at Alabama and they offered him a chance to walk-on. I know this kid has no shot here, but it's good to have quality walk-on's. They are important pieces and take a beating in a thankless position on the team:

http://football.dailyherald.com/article/20170202/sports/170209651/

From the article:

'Bama bound
Ruskell will be a priority walk-on at Alabama. The 6-3, 200-pounder, who did a creditable job of filling the King Kong-sized shoes of Riley Lees at quarterback and helping the Wildcats return to the state playoffs last fall, is one of Jost's best friends. Ruskell's dad, Tim, has friends in high places.

The former Bears director of player personnel, Tim Ruskell is now a scout for the Tennessee Titans. Through his dad's contact's, Jack got his football film looked at by Alabama director of player personnel Jody Wright, who liked it enough to pass the film onto then-offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.

"That's how I was able to get a Game Day visit back in November," Ruskell said. "That was cool getting to go down there. Then I got to go to a QB meeting and all that, and I just loved it. And I like (head coach) Nick (Saban) too, even though he's kind of a tough. I got to see one of the team meetings before a game. He was trying to get his team going. That was the week after they had a really bad game against a bad team."

Ruskell says he was also talking to Louisville, Florida and South Florida about walk-on opportunities. In Tuscaloosa, he'll study mechanical engineering when not trying to establish himself as a D-I QB for the national powerhouse.

"They always like having a guy who can stand in the pocket and throw, and that's what they liked seeing on my film," Ruskell said of Alabama. "They also told me that I was better than the guys who had walked on there before. That was something that drew me in."

Jost couldn't be happier for his friend.

"He really commanded us well on the field this year," Jost said. "The thing about Jack that everyone loves is that he always has a smile on his face. He's one that people will follow because they respect him. He's just a great kid to be around."

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
brigit-football-1.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Great to have QB bodies for practice.

I have a feeling people around here will call him Jack Russell....I'm too late already :lol:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Some need to run the scout team perhaps more than one to cover different opponents.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Del Taco and Trask are gonna have some competition for lead clip board holder

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have 8 QBs on the roster but they are listing Toney as an athlete now.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Clarabel ain't scairt of competition.

Woof.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
8 QBs and not a single starter to be found. Get your ass to Gainesville, Corral!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is clearly a misprint. The young man's last name is Mehoff .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.