NFL players kneel, raise fists or sit out National Anthem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gatoravatara, Aug 9, 2018.

1. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,781
    Ratings:
    +8,221 / -44
    It’s called respect, something you’re obviously not familiar with.

2. oxrageous

oxrageous The Fuehrer
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $7,702
    Ratings:
    +22,375 / -198
    Did it ever cross your tiny mind that people WANT to stand for the flag to pay respects to those who died for our freedom?

3. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $856
    Ratings:
    +5,960 / -7
    Boy rises from wheelchair for national anthem
    Commentary:
    Boy rises from wheelchair for national anthem
    10-year-old boy struggled to get out of his wheelchair to stand for the national anthem.

It happened over the weekend at county fair in Tennessee. A bystander taped the scene and posted it on her Facebook page.

Now Avery Price is a red, white and blue internet star. You might even call him the anti-Kaepernick.

Leah Norris wrote after posting the video. “This young man was struggling to stand for the national anthem as he had braces on both legs and with his Dad patting his back in support of helping him.

“You may or may not agree and that’s your choice. But this goes to show that if he can stand for his country, so can you.”

Price has hereditary spastic paraplegia syndrome, which severely impairs his leg function. He only recently began trying to walk after corrective surgery.

When country singer Jenny Leigh began singing the anthem at the Putnam County Fair on Saturday night, Price did what some able-bodied NFL players won’t.

“I usually sit and put my hand over my heart, but last night I decided to stand… because I like to stand for my country,” he told Nashville’s Fox 17.

“That makes me feel really good, especially (considering) the stuff he’s been through,” said Stephen Price, Avery’s father. “He’s a very, very patriotic kid.”

The video has been viewed more than 85,000 times. The 10-year-old boy pretty much upstaged the star of the show, though Leigh said she doesn’t mind.

[​IMG]
    Jenny Leigh@jennyleighmusic

Story has gone national y'all. Keep sharing this heartwarming tale!https://goo.gl/xBYFP3

2:46 PM - Aug 7, 2018 · Nashville, TN
    [​IMG]
    Boy in wheelchair pulls himself to feet for national anthem at Tennessee fair
    “I usually sit and put my hand on my heart, but last night I decided to stand … because I like to stand for my country.

www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org

Twitter Ads info and privacy

“It’s awesome. It’s a great display of patriotism,” she said. “And in my opinion, it’s a great example of love, not only from him and his day, but the community as well.”

• Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
      $447
      Ratings:
      +1,691 / -243
      Respect for who? And who decided that?

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,781
      Ratings:
      +8,221 / -44
      Thanks for the confirmation.

• Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
        $447
        Ratings:
        +1,691 / -243
        If someone wants to do that God bless them. I have no issue with it. I'm just not into it. And I mispoke about my uncle. My father wasnt into it, but my uncle is a right wing nutjob. He definitely hates tge kneeling. You guys would get along fine.

• MotownGator

MotownGator Legacy member

Oxbucks:
        $77
        Ratings:
        +521 / -22
        Slevin stands for Skinny Jeans? :dunno:

• MotownGator

Oxbucks:
          $77
          Ratings:
          +521 / -22
          "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

• MotownGator

Oxbucks:
            $77
            Ratings:
            +521 / -22

#89 MotownGator, Aug 10, 2018
            Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
          • oxrageous

oxrageous The Fuehrer
            Administrator

Oxbucks:
            $7,702
            Ratings:
            +22,375 / -198
            I don't really call it non-patriotic, I call it disrespectful.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $12,879
              Ratings:
              +36,943 / -1,098
              I'm all for dissent. You will find that I also have the right to dissent from your dissent however.

I also have much more respect for people who actually know what they are talking about. If you are kneeling or wearing Che just bc it seems cool to your or your professors told you to do it, you are just an idiot. And I will dissent and tell you so.

If you are doing something silly at work, I will tell your employer. If he doesn't fire you, I will often take my business elsewhere.

It's my right to dissent also.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $2,223
                Ratings:
                +9,340 / -35
                :facepalm: Wow. OK at least the NFL kneelers have what they think is a valid reason for their actions. You are just embarrassed by the national anthem because you think its corny. JFC.

• oxrageous

oxrageous The Fuehrer
                  Administrator

Oxbucks:
                  $7,702
                  Ratings:
                  +22,375 / -198
                  Yeah, but his dad was in the military, so it's cool. This is like a white guy saying he's not a racist because he has black friends.

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $1,935
                    Ratings:
                    +6,385 / -17
                    It is disrespectful and it's bad manners. My momma taught me better. You go to a game and they play the national anthem then you better stand up. I don't care if you've been out protesting during the day you stand up for the National Anthem. . Just like if you are an atheist you don't go into a funeral home and tell everybody there's no God. It's disrespectful and bad manners. If that's your belief then that's fine but in certain circumstances and venues it's better to just keep your thoughts to yourself. It's immature and poor behavior to go to a ball game and not stand for the national anthem. But if someone wants to look like a jerk and not stand then they can go ahead and do whatever they want. That's their business. But they look like fools who have never been let out of the house before.

• Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,102
                      Ratings:
                      +5,092 / -83
                      It doesn't surprise me that you and your fellow perverted leftists want to disrespect the US Flag like that.

• Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
                        $447
                        Ratings:
                        +1,691 / -243

Respect for who? Soldiers are not telling us we have to stand. Some fat guy getting a beer during the national anthem is the one who needs for me to stand. Face it. Many people are doing it out of social pressure. Other are roboticly mouthing the words, obviously thinking about something else. Who exactly is this respectful too? Soldiers or Society? I see this in religion all the time. People go to church. They are talking in the back pews. They say the prayers but dont seem to be feeling it. The pretend to act spiritual. Then they go home, open up a beer and beat their wives. But they are good Christians-dont you see the way they are at church? They are just going through the motions in order to satisfy the crowd. I dont want to be like this. I know its unpopular and I am ok with that.

I mentioned my family because they sacrificed and we as a family sacrificed. But other people who have no connection to the military, who haven't sacrificed, beating their chests, pointing fingers, claiming to be the biggest bestest patriots. Its just a bit much to take. And then when someone wears a flag around their balls, these same people say nothing. The dont boycott these companies that are purposely desecrating the flag. The real issue is that they dont want to hear rich black athletes talking about police mistreatment of minorities.

• Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
                        $447
                        Ratings:
                        +1,691 / -243
                        [QUOTE="Okeechobee Joe, post: 739111, member: 390"]It is disrespectful and it's bad manners. My momma taught me better. You go to a game and they play the national anthem then you better stand up. I don't care if you've been out protesting during the day you stand up for the National Anthem. . Just like if you are an atheist you don't go into a funeral home and tell everybody there's no God. It's disrespectful and bad manners. If that's your belief then that's fine but in certain circumstances and venues it's better to just keep your thoughts to yourself. It's immature and poor behavior to go to a ball game and not stand for the national anthem. But if someone wants to look like a jerk and not stand then they can go ahead and do whatever they want. That's their business. But they look like fools who have never been let out of the house before.[/QUOTE]

That is your opinion. Its not mine. Before 9/11, they did not do this in football. So this is a new thing. Before you could just go and enjoy the game. Now they make you salute the flag. They never should have started this.

• BNAG8R

BNAG8R ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ mind, ⭐️ ⭐️ body

Oxbucks:
                        $1,095
                        Ratings:
                        +3,298 / -21
                        Yes. Yes I do. Anything that is not this (below), is disrespecting the flag, the country, and most importantly the people who have died, or are willing to die, to protect those people disrespecting the above.

• MotownGator

Oxbucks:
                        $77
                        Ratings:
                        +521 / -22
                        SOTU - This is what we have become.

[​IMG]

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks: