NFL Playoffs

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like the Oakland-Houston game reinforced the importance of having a quality quarterback. (Same story for the Dolphins...to a lesser extent). Even though the Raiders were the better team throughout the season they were sunk once they had to go to their third string QB. Connor Cook is no Derek Carr.

I believe this issue is at the root of the Gators' struggles over the last few years, overshadowing coaching, play calling, recruiting, etc. If and when a game-chaning QB once again lines up behind center.....brighter days will follow.

That's been exactly our problem.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had Bell, Rothlisberger, and Brown on my FF football team. The Steelers basically rested everybody for the last two weeks of the season. So I was wiped out in the first round of playoffs.

Sucks to be you

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chiefs would be the stars if they kept their original name

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like the Oakland-Houston game reinforced the importance of having a quality quarterback. (Same story for the Dolphins...to a lesser extent). Even though the Raiders were the better team throughout the season they were sunk once they had to go to their third string QB. Connor Cook is no Derek Carr.

I believe this issue is at the root of the Gators' struggles over the last few years, overshadowing coaching, play calling, recruiting, etc. If and when a game-chaning QB once again lines up behind center.....brighter days will follow.
Raiders lost starting and back up qb, can't really prepare for that with the cba practice restrictions

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Go Cowboys. I am definitely nervous about them playing the Packers with Rodgers playing well now. I hope Prescott can keep having good games. Both sides are wide open especially the NFC and I could see the Pittsburgh/Kansas City winner beating New England.
Sorry but I see history repeating itself by Green Bay winning at Dallas as no rookie QB has ever led a team to a Super Bowl victory.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry but I see history repeating itself by Green Bay winning at Dallas as no rookie QB has ever led a team to a Super Bowl victory.
History repeat itself, since Dallas has had there own stadium the home team has always won in the Green Bay vs Dallas playoff history. So if history repeats itself, Dallas wins. Only playoff win for The Packers in Texas vs the Cowboys was 1967 in the CottonBowl stadium.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A win by dallas doesnt put anyone in the super bowl so this doesn't really make sense. Now is it significant that this is a playoff game with a rook qb? Yes, but Dak is certainly the exception not the rule.

I honestly don't think Packers will win because they arent good at stopping the run and really arent much better at stopping the pass. Dallas will run early and often, control the clock and limit Aaron's opportunities with the football. I hate it but I think Dallas wins. And for the record, I am a HUGE Packers fan. :(

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A win by dallas doesnt put anyone in the super bowl so this doesn't really make sense. Now is it significant that this is a playoff game with a rook qb? Yes, but Dak is certainly the exception not the rule.

I honestly don't think Packers will win because they arent good at stopping the run and really arent much better at stopping the pass. Dallas will run early and often, control the clock and limit Aaron's opportunities with the football. I hate it but I think Dallas wins. And for the record, I am a HUGE Packers fan. :(

I think that will be dallas's best defense is limiting possessions for Green Bay's offense. If Dallas does what it did in Green Bay earlier in the season it will help keep Rodgers out of rythm which he said was important against the Gaints. Too many short 3 and outs dallas's defense will be toast

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
43116d2331e6adf4a5a44f461d4ea7c3803df3884e479585d87e589e065ae949.jpg
The nfl playoffs this past weekend were as bad as the college football playoffs!

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Nothing brings me more joy in the NFL than seeing Eli Manning lose. I cannot stand the entire Manning clan, but Eli most of all. That Packers annihilation sure brought a smile to my face. :wink2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator