No first round corners?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps they should have stayed in school?

Comment as you desire!!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Sorry I thought it would be clear I was talking about Gators. Two were thought to be first round talent, none turned out to be.

Sorry for the confusion.

Pretty much when you run a 4.6 to 4.7 40 as a CB you are not going in the first round no matter how many years you stay in school. So I don't think it a huge surprise nor do I see this as a sign they should have returned.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps they should have stayed in school?

Comment as you desire!!!
Why should they? The whole point is to get to the NFL. Maybe you'd like to risk injury and ruin your draft position, or you could get 2nd round money at worst and potentially 1st round.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why should they? The whole point is to get to the NFL. Maybe you'd like to risk injury and ruin your draft position, or you could get 2nd round money at worst and potentially 1st round.

Well as far as Tabor goes he probably should have thought about staying and getting a 40 time speed coach that could have got him down to something just under a 4.6 time. If Tabor was even the 2nd CB taken like Humphrey was at the 16th spot it dropped his signing bonus down from about 6.2 million to around 1.5 million and his total contract value from about 11 million to 4.5 million.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well as far as Tabor goes he probably should have thought about staying and getting a 40 time speed coach that could have got him down to something just under a 4.6 time. If Tabor was even the 2nd CB taken like Humphrey was at the 16th spot it dropped his signing bonus down from about 6.2 million to around 1.5 million and his total contract value from about 11 million to 4.5 million.
Who says he didn't think about it?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who says he didn't think about it?

He may have but made the wrong decision imo if he did. Play one more year dominate and get some training in on that straight ahead speed stuff. I know everyone can't run a 4.4 time but with some work I am sure they could have got him to a 4.6 flat or just under which with his tape would have made him a 1st rounder for sure probably.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He may have but made the wrong decision imo if he did. Play one more year dominate and get some training in on that straight ahead speed stuff. I know everyone can't run a 4.4 time but with some work I am sure they could have got him to a 4.6 flat or just under which with his tape would have made him a 1st rounder for sure probably.
If he's any good in the NFL, he'll be making bank in 4 years, ala Richard Sherman (a 5th round pick).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think I read somewhere that Tabor has had an ongoing issue with his hamstring.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

If not "for sure probably", then guaranteed maybe.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Some potential reasons to stay

Get your degree.
Win some championships with your team.
Be considered as a great Gator.

Now the injury issue can be insured, and perhaps with both more experience and a smaller number of competitors you can get a better draft position.

They were thought to be first round picks at least that was what I heard, and that influenced their decision to leave I think.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I think Wilson didnt hurt himself coming out this year.

But did he hurt the Gators and perhaps avoided a season with more success and the memories that would make. I seem to remember some thinking he would be a first rounder with all that implies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A corner who runs anything over 4.55 is not going to be a 1st rd pick. I have serous doubts that Tabor can be a lockdown corner in the NFL. He had problems doing it last season

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some potential reasons to stay

Get your degree.
Win some championships with your team.
Be considered as a great Gator.

Now the injury issue can be insured, and perhaps with both more experience and a smaller number of competitors you can get a better draft position.

They were thought to be first round picks at least that was what I heard, and that influenced their decision to leave I think.
We sell these kids a path to the NFL. They come to the SEC to train for the NFL. Why on earth should you, I or anyone else think they should stay. You gave three reasons to stay. How many can you give to leave?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We sell these kids a path to the NFL. They come to the SEC to train for the NFL. Why on earth should you, I or anyone else think they should stay. You gave three reasons to stay. How many can you give to leave?

One with some additions:

Reason is MONEY NOW.

Additions:

I don't value an education or like school.
I have achieved all that I want as part of this team.
I only came to UF to go to the league.

I don't like any of the additions.

The 04s came back and were quite happy about it. More success, more great memories, lots of reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator