No suspension for Alabama's Raekwon Davis

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is an absolute joke. He didn't get ejected, not even sure it was a penalty. It's going to be "handled internally". Joseph gets ejected and misses the entire 2nd half for a BS call....Houston gets booted for a "targeting" penalty. But you can punch a player 3 times and knee him in the head and get....nothing? Only at Alabama.

Nick Saban explains how Raekwon Davis punishment will be handled after meeting with Greg Sankey

Nick Saban explains how Raekwon Davis punishment will be handled after meeting with Greg Sankey

Alabama DL Raekwon Davis made headlines for the wrong reasons in the Crimson Tide’s 39-10 win over Missouri Saturday. The ESPN broadcast showed Davis throwing punches at Mizzou OL Kevin Pendleton. Davis was flagged, but not ejected.

On Monday, Alabama coach Nick Saban addressed Davis’ actions.

“I visited with Commissioner [Greg] Sankey about Raekwon’s actions,” Saban told reporters in his weekly press conference. “We will handle that internally. We will have him do some things. I think it should affect his playing time in the future.”

After the game, Pendleton told reporters that the two had already moved on.

“We moved on,” he said. “He’s a talented player. He wished me the best of luck this year. There’s no hard feelings.”

Davis also issued a public apology this weekend via his Twitter account.

Alabama travels to Knoxville, Tenn. this week to face rival Tennessee. The Third Saturday in October clash is set for a 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff with the game airing on CBS.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
This is an absolute joke. He didn't get ejected, not even sure it was a penalty. It's going to be "handled internally". Joseph gets ejected and misses the entire 2nd half for a BS call....Houston gets booted for a "targeting" penalty. But you can punch a player 3 times and knee him in the head and get....nothing? Only at Alabama.

Now THAT kid needs some anger management classes.

Saban’ll give him the ‘ol Booby Bowden punishment.

I don’t know who heads up the SEC ref’s office but that dude should be hanging his head this week.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, complete BS. How is it we’re always getting effed being on the receiving end of bad calls by refs and the likes of Bama, UGA & FSU seem to always catch a break?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well to be fair, Alabama players are very civil beasts who hang their Anger Management completion certificates in their lockers. They exude composure that is typical of Championship winning teams. I'm sure he was not punching that defenseless player but was instead congratulating him on a solid blocking form.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is the SEC!

:headslap:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The UAL "Politicians" strike again, I guess. Or could it be that the SEC did not suspend him since he should be suffering enough punishment by embarrassment as we all know he punches like a girl now?

Bayougator

Aug 17, 2018
The UAL "Politicians" strike again, I guess. Or could it be that the SEC did not suspend him since he should be suffering enough punishment by embarrassment as we all know he punches like a girl now?
That's almost as bad as punching like a man and throwing like a girl:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are talking about a conference who is HQ'd in the state of Alabama and thought that Birmingham was a neutral site for their championship. No surprises here. It is funny how the national media doesn't seem to raise an eyebrow, either, however. They probably think of all look the same, anyway.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he tears his ACL it won't hurt my feelings

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics