No Sympathy for Today's Student Athletes

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Starting watching the History of Gator Football (100 years). They started talking about how many players left to fight in WW2, and how many died. My immediate thought is **** these kids today. It's not a UF thing, I'm sure all kids from all over the country left to go fight. And now we hear this *****ing and moaning. **** them.

How does that fact that others had a really tough time in the past make you say this? Because the pioneers in Florida had it so tough with bugs etc, should you go without deet, ac and use an outhouse? Everyone in the past had it much worse than today.

The heroes of WWII fought so that the rest of us could live our lives free with a good standard of living. We should honor them by both remembering them and living our lives as the American dream.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It's amazing to me how we all create our own reality to comfortably fit our viewpoints.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How does that fact that others had a really tough time in the past make you say this? Because the pioneers in Florida had it so tough with bugs etc, should you go without deet, ac and use an outhouse? Everyone in the past had it much worse than today.

The heroes of WWII fought so that the rest of us could live our lives free with a good standard of living. We should honor them by both remembering them and living our lives as the American dream.
That's the point. They are entitled and arrogant. They cry and bitch about playing time and leave. The only principles most of them have is themselves. The have no respect for history or who came before them.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My son has had his own iPad since he was 18 months old(21 months old now). He already knows how to navigate numerous puzzles games, YouTube and the like. We decided to get him his own after he ordered a $600 remote control jeep from Amazon from his mom's...express shipping, no less. :lol:
We let him use it about 30 minutes a day. Other than that he's playing ball, rolling in the yard or just running around like a lunatic. :sohappy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.