Noah's career over?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
From our friends at that site we don't mention:

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/01/gators-nba-knicks-unlikely-find-trade-partner-noah/

Knicks center Joakim Noah left the team in the middle of a road trip last Thursday after he and head coach Jeff Hornacek reportedly had a fiery exchange in practice the day after losing at Golden State 123-112. Noah was upset about getting just five minutes of playing time against the Warriors despite New York being down two big men that night.
The Knicks’ front office has been quiet about the incident and Hornacek has brushed off questions from the media about the situation, saying only that Noah won’t be with the team for the next couple games and his absence is due to personal reasons.
According to a New York Times report, Noah and the Knicks agreed to a cooling off period and talks between the two are scheduled for later this week, but a Yahoo story by Shams Charania suggests the Knicks will be shopping Noah before the upcoming trade deadline.
But with Joakim admittedly not the player he once was, two surgeries in the last 12 months and still being owed $38 million after this year is over, there likely won’t be many suitors for the 2014 defensive player of the year via trade. Other options for New York would be a buyout or the stretch provision which would extend the contract ease the yearly cap hit to $7.5 million over five years.

I expect some buyout, and maybe some other team will offer him to play for much less money. It does seem his career is near the end of his run.

Comment as you desire.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He has had a solid NBA career, but injuries seemed to derail him hitting his full potential. The Knicks over payed for him, but he was a really good player (especially defensively) for the Bulls.

I would be surprised if some team doesn't sign him just to have more size. Wish him the best... such a great Gator!

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I hope he bleeds them for every penny. Especially if the Knicks are payin'!! He deserves all of it for those nattys.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Glad he stayed another year but it cost him alot of money. He was a projected 1st rounder after his soph year. Fell to later 1st the next year.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Super unfortunate that he has had so many injuries. Wasn't it just a few years ago that he was top 5 in the league MVP vote? I always thought any team could dominate if he ever got on a team with Al again. Those might be the two best passing big men in the league still.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad he's financially set. I'd like to see how he'd do starting out a college coaching career. Gators could surely use a "big-man" coach as well as a heightened recruit draw. Contributing to the GatorNation could restore Noah's joy for the game and add lots of humor to practices and striving.
Opine on his coaching here?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to see him bought out and go play with Horford

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he will get signed by OKC and re-unite with Billy!

I still have this crazy dream that Billy ends up coaching Hortford, Noah and Brewer on the same team in the NBA with Beal added in as guard.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Glad he stayed another year but it cost him alot of money. He was a projected 1st rounder after his soph year. Fell to later 1st the next year.
picked #9 in 2007. Probably could have gone top 3 in 2006, but he wanted that 2nd ring. I wish him well, you know he bleeds orange and blue!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Whatever comes to pass during the last phase of his career, he will always be one the Greatest Gators of all time. I wish him long life and great happiness. With all that NBA dough, and more brains than the average bear, he should be just fine. I just hope he remains connected to the program in some capacity.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Oh no! Sad to read this, he was my favorite and the only reason I watched college basketball that year! Had never paid attention to it before that.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He was a unique basketball player. We were fortunate to have him. He came up big in the big game. He helped make UCLA look average.
He was sort of Billy's Walton. Walton was a challenge for Wooden.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

By my calculations compared to Oden's rookie contract Noah lost 8% in total salary through his current contract had everything else stayed the same. But he might have been on a worse team and gotten a smaller second contract had he gone elsewhere. So you really can not say this.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

But he has plenty of money, he got excited about the same things in the past, he does not like to lose, and not be playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.