Non-Traditional Christmas Songs...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not to interfere with the thread by @ChiefGator but got to thinking about songs that I enjoy listening to during Christmas time that aren't the old stand-bys (Rudolph, Frosty, et al). Always looking for more to listen to, but following are some that fit the descriptor and have come to be associated with the season...

Looking forward to any suggestions and sharing your favorites!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not a song, but this was always fun to listen to during Christmas back when it came out years ago...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is a Christmas carol based on the 1863 poem "Christmas Bells" by American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The song tells of the narrator's despair, upon hearing Christmas bells, that "hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, good will to men". The carol concludes with the bells carrying renewed hope for peace among men.

In 1861, two years before writing this poem, Longfellow's personal peace was shaken when his second wife of 18 years, to whom he was very devoted, was tragically burned in a fire. Then in 1863, during the American Civil War, Longfellow's oldest son, Charles Appleton Longfellow, joined the Union cause as a soldier without his father's blessing

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
My favorite Christmas song - this is one of very few that include the second verse... not to mention that it's a slightly different arrangement with a nice mix of minor chords:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator