Nord is now the LEAD recruiter for Georgia

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It makes no sense to me why Nord is on staff. None whatsoever. I think a random high school coach could do a better job than him.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If you have to keep the guy give him every state west of the Rockies but south Georgia is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country minus south Florida. I guess mac has just ceded Georgia to Smart.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Say something positive about Nord. Because I can't think of anything. He's a poor recruiter, can't teach TE's to block or punt returners to plant their feet on the 10.
TE coach is basically a throwaway position. You could totally get by with just a Ga or QC cutting film, directing them to the right practice group and correctig errors seen on film. The TEs run route drills w the WRs and blocking drills w OL already. You can hide a moron like Addazio there if the dude happens to be a great recruiter or has some other redeeming value, like being a hotshot ST coordinator.

About that. I dont know how its possible to be worse on STs We havent blocked a punt or kick recently, returns are just "pray he doesnt muff it" propositions. I guess you could say w havent been giving up TDs on KOs, of course Eddie Kicksem out of the endzone most of the time.

I dont know whether his piss poor recruiting or terrible STs make us worse.

When we brought make Nusschamp and Nord, the results that are coming this year became inevitable. Some opined that was Strickland allowing Butters to hang himself. Im not so sure.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TE is basically a throwaway position. The runs route drills w the WRs and blocking drills w OL. You can hide a moron like Addazio there if the dude happens to be a great recruiter or has some other redeeming value, like being a shythot ST coordinator.
Nord checks both of those boxes so I don't see the problem here...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Man...you can't make this $hit up! 4* Georgia LB JJ Rumors are he felt disrespected we sent Nord to see him (multiple times) and he absolutely hates Nord!

Actually, someone can make this stuff up*(= stuff about Peterson personally hating Nord.) = A fan whose hate for Nord takes flight. Still Nord should have been long gone.

[Quoted]Mac just can't get $hit figured out in recruiting because of his loyalty to these douchebag's (nord/nuss) both should of been let go like Summers. Neither brings in top prospects and if a top prospect does have interest in us that evaporates immediately after he meets with these clowns!

Should have list of recruits quotes announcing "I'm going elsewhere because of how________ affected me." ?
Otherwise, most likely it's a fan's hate-projection, so "fake news". But the fan-hate is reasonable & not fake.

Say something positive about Nord. Because I can't think of anything. He's a poor recruiter, can't teach TE's to block or punt returners to plant their feet on the 10.

All shown true on the field of play, Threat.

If you have to keep the guy give him every state west of the Rockies but south Georgia is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country minus south Florida. I guess mac has just ceded Georgia to Smart.

If such likelihood of shrinkslink from Ga.-recruiting is true, then 'Thinthink' can spot it. Nord should be replaced with some other university's up & comer hot at recruiting & coaching.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia has had almost or more blue-chippers than Florida lately.
Ummm.. georgia has been getting like 3 times the blue chips we have been for a couple years now. They signed more top 100 players this spring than the entire rest of the SEC east combined.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How do ST look on paper? Where do we rank in return yards etc?
I did see Norf saying that we don't try to block punts because that's not our strength. Or strength is returns. Whateva.
Having this guy on the staff is a head scratcher.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nord is the equivalent to an pile of excrement. Sadler better be the one taking over on a lot of these kids. If they're about a 3* or higher Nord should not ever be allowed to be in the same zip code as the recruit.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just when you think you can't say it enough, here I go again. From an overall head football coaching perspective, Butters is a moron!!!!!

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Remember when we were told by inside sources that Nord was on his way out?

Now we are basically surrendering Georgia.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Man...you can't make this $hit up! 4* Georgia LB JJ Peterson (who's been considered a Gator lock for months) is now basically telling us to start looking elsewhere. Rumors are he felt disrespected we sent Nord to see him (multiple times) and he absolutely hates Nord!

Mac just can't get $hit figured out in recruiting because of his loyalty to these douchebag's (nord/nuss) both should of been let go like Summers. Neither brings in top prospects and if a top prospect does have interest in us that evaporates immediately after he meets with these clowns!

I'm having a hard time finding this information anywhere.

If I am reading this right, you are saying that Goldkamp wrote an article on 247Sports claiming that Peterson hates Nord and is not considering Florida because Nord is his recruiter? I'm not sure. Are you assuming he's not considering Florida because Nord is his recruiter?

I can't find anything about it.

In fact, the only information I can find about Peterson is claims that he has been 100% Bama all along. Where can I find the information that he has long been considered a Florida lean?

I'm not saying the information is incorrect. Just that it is unusually hard to find.

"Before Sunday, Peterson rarely had spoken to the media about where things stood with his mysterious recruitment.
It’s safe to call him the most unrecognized top prospect in the Class of 2018. He has a Twitter account, but he doesn’t use it. He has a phone, but rarely answers texts or calls — that includes numerous texts from Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. To put it simply, Peterson doesn’t care much about the recruiting process."

"Peterson did give up some info with his recruitment. The elite 4-star prospect from South Georgia has Alabama as his No. 1 school. Georgia and Oregon are also in his top three. But it’s the Crimson Tide who have Peterson’s attention."

“I love Alabama,” Peterson said. “I love the home feeling I get there and how their coaches coach. The atmosphere there is great. I had a chance to talk to Coach Saban, too. It’s nerve-racking talking to him. I just remember seeing all of the rings in there and he had a bunch of chocolate in there — I think it was Dove chocolate. I love it.”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ecruiting-jj-peterson-king-mwikuta-nick-saban

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm having a hard time finding this information anywhere.

If I am reading this right, you are saying that Goldkamp wrote an article on 247Sports claiming that Peterson hates Nord and is not considering Florida because Nord is his recruiter? I'm not sure. Are you assuming he's not considering Florida because Nord is his recruiter?

I can't find anything about it.

In fact, the only information I can find about Peterson is claims that he has been 100% Bama all along. Where can I find the information that he has long been considered a Florida lean?

I'm not saying the information is incorrect. Just that it is unusually hard to find.

"Before Sunday, Peterson rarely had spoken to the media about where things stood with his mysterious recruitment.
It’s safe to call him the most unrecognized top prospect in the Class of 2018. He has a Twitter account, but he doesn’t use it. He has a phone, but rarely answers texts or calls — that includes numerous texts from Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. To put it simply, Peterson doesn’t care much about the recruiting process."

"Peterson did give up some info with his recruitment. The elite 4-star prospect from South Georgia has Alabama as his No. 1 school. Georgia and Oregon are also in his top three. But it’s the Crimson Tide who have Peterson’s attention."

“I love Alabama,” Peterson said. “I love the home feeling I get there and how their coaches coach. The atmosphere there is great. I had a chance to talk to Coach Saban, too. It’s nerve-racking talking to him. I just remember seeing all of the rings in there and he had a bunch of chocolate in there — I think it was Dove chocolate. I love it.”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ecruiting-jj-peterson-king-mwikuta-nick-saban
In the last week or two he's totally flipped from 100% to UF to 100% bama. Goldkamp explained who had which area in recruiting the other day and I couldn't tell which thread it's in because there's a bunch on there. I'm sure if you msg him he could tell you which one it's in. I'll see if I can find it but it will be tomorrow before I can do so...busy tonight! The news about him hating Nord has been on twitter and it's coming from his teammates along with people from his inner circle. Someone else sent me some stuff from his timeline where he and his teammates we're dogging Nord hard as hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator