Nord news (credit williston gator)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In case you missed it in the recruiting thread, Williston Gator just posted this:

@Joey_SportsTalk: Hearing Greg Nord has been pulled off of visits and is not recruiting for Florida...

Take that for what it's worth.

@Joey_SportsTalk: Meanwhile Drew Hughes is out here slaying on the trail. Locked up 4-star WR Oliver Martin today to take an OV to Gainesville this weekend.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is great news. Although having Nord not out there won't fix all of the problems this staff has on the trail, this can only help.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't get me wrong I'm glad to hear this, but damn why wasn't this done a hell of a lot sooner?

I read that his contract expires Jan 31st and there was some sort of issue w/ cutting him loose before that. I hope that's the case....

This is good news. This guy has set us back on the recruiting trail AND on the field. Terrible hire and should have never been brought here from his high profile gig at Eastern Kentucky (WTF?!?!).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I read that his contract expires Jan 31st and there was some sort of issue w/ cutting him loose before that. I hope that's the case....

This is good news. This guy has set us back on the recruiting trail AND on the field. Terrible hire and should have never been brought here from his high profile gig at Eastern Kentucky (WTF?!?!).

Is Drew Hughes taking his spot?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
In case you missed it in the recruiting thread, Williston Gator just posted this:

@Joey_SportsTalk: Hearing Greg Nord has been pulled off of visits and is not recruiting for Florida...

bananadance.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Don't get me wrong I'm glad to hear this, but damn why wasn't this done a hell of a lot sooner?

All of these coaching changes should have been done weeks ago during the dead period. We should have had an action plan in place. Mac is slow and always two steps behind everyone else.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is Drew Hughes taking his spot?

I think he's allowed to recruit as a substitute for Collins and/or Summers. We're down 2 coaches (now 3), so we are allowed to have a stand-in until there is a fulltime replacement (I could be wrong, but this is how it's generally done during coaching transitions, I'm sure it works the same way when assistants leave/depart for whatever reason).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Drew is the recruiting coordinator. His job is not to be out on visits but he does a good job when he's out there.

Well who's all allowed to contact recruits besides the on field coaches and the recruiting coordinator, can all of Macs " analysts " contact recruits too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What pisses me off is were making these changes 2 weeks before signing day with no replacements lined up. Mine as well keep em until signing day. Its like we're trying to suck at recruiting.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well Nord being off the trail = instant improvement. Wondering if he was the Homestead problem.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mine as well make him work. We're paying him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read that his contract expires Jan 31st and there was some sort of issue w/ cutting him loose before that. I hope that's the case...
We re to cheap to fire him and pay some buyout? How big could it be for 30-60 days?

Why would you hope that is the case? Either option is terrible. Either we didnt know he sucks as a coach and recruiter or we re too damn cheap to fire a terrible coach. Pick your poison.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We re to cheap to fire him and pay some buyout? How big could it be for 30-60 days?

Why would you hope that is the case? Either option is terrible. Either we didnt know he sucks as a coach and recruiter or we re too damn cheap to fire a terrible coach. Pick your poison.
Well it was a Foley negotiated contract.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

My entire career has been in a performance based industry. I can't even imagine an employer allowing me to stay on, potentially disrupting, or intentionally destroying, client relationships on my way out the door simply because it might save him a few bucks. The risk of major damage is just too great. And that's a great snapshot of the mindset under this staff. They simply don't get the business side of things. It's evident in literally every decision we make.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong
There are 10 coaches that recruit:
Mac HC
Collins DC
Nuss OC
Shannon LB
Dixon WR
Gray DBs
Nord ST/TE
Rumph DL
Skipper RBs
Summers OL

Collins, Summers, and Nord are gone. That leaves 7. I guess when you are short the rules allow the recruiting coordinator Drew Hughes on the street. That gives us 8. I don't know if we can put any other assistants out on the street.
You can designate anyone as acting assistant coach. We have designate GAs in the past (usually just til bowl).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.