Nord news (credit williston gator)

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
In case you missed it in the recruiting thread, Williston Gator just posted this:

@Joey_SportsTalk: Hearing Greg Nord has been pulled off of visits and is not recruiting for Florida...

Take that for what it's worth.

@Joey_SportsTalk: Meanwhile Drew Hughes is out here slaying on the trail. Locked up 4-star WR Oliver Martin today to take an OV to Gainesville this weekend.

Glad someone, finally, recognized dead wood they see it. The recruits sure did. I mean I imagine I have better conversations when I'm cursing out the gazillion fricking plants I have to water, when the wife asks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Being short the number of 2 coaches isn't the most damaging deficit connected to recruits. The Blackhole
truth about this is that UF lacks 2 recognizable names (coach upgrades) for recruits to be excited about
and drawn to. While Mac shrugs his shoulders, how many recruits shrug and choose a school that's a
go-getter?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are three coaches short, having failed to replace Sidehat, Summers, and Weekend at Nordies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I posted this in the other thread also... we don't know if the Nord stuff is true (hopefully it is), but we are not down 2 coaches and based on results... Hughes is an upgrade.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What pisses me off is were making these changes 2 weeks before signing day with no replacements lined up. Mine as well keep em until signing day. Its like we're trying to suck at recruiting.
There are contracts to be honored and termination penalties if you dont, added, anyone recruits included know who the replacements will be. Its only us commoners that dont so everyone needs to simmer down!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
We are three coaches short, having failed to replace Sidehat, Summers, and Weekend at Nordies.

according to some around here it's okay because "WE GOT HUGHES, HE'S THE MAN!!!!!!!"....while not realizing that sending "support staff" makes us look like a ****ty low-budget, third rate program which players do take notice of.

You think I am going to commit 3-4 years of my life to a program who can't even send out the coaches I'll be led by? If I was an OL recruit and I saw Hughes pull up, I'd tell him to leave and call up Mac and tell him if that's who he is sending then I have better places to visit and go play at.

You can't tell me that programs aren't negatively recruiting that angle. Drew Hughes just visits an OL recruit, Florida State recruiter walks in and simply says "[recruit name], family, would you trust your son and his career to a program that doesn't even send in the coach you will be playing for? Would you want your son to play for a coach who has no sense of urgency or care in the world? I don't think so, come join us where you will have a chance to play for a national title and a coach who understands what it takes to get the most out of your son rather than one who is more concerned about making PBJ's."

Hell 95% of us on this board could out-recruit our staff.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest, was Nord ever really on the trail?

trail
(trāl)
v. trailed, trail·ing, trails
5. To lag behind (an opponent
): trailed the league leader by four games.

To answer your question-- Yes. Yes he has been on the trail. Since day one :lol:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TBH we only have a few recruits even interested in us. So I guess there's really no need for more than a couple of coaches to be out recruiting. o_O

Good times!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
trail
(trāl)
v. trailed, trail·ing, trails
5. To lag behind (an opponent
): trailed the league leader by four games.

To answer your question-- Yes. Yes he has been on the trail. Since day one :lol:
More like the Oregon Trail. Your special teams have died of dysentery. :deadnanner:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
all I read in this thread is a bunch of :blahblah: from guys who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I guess you've personally read the contracts and know exactly how little UF's choosing to save by not cutting Nord loose a few days short of his contract's expiry date. I for one have not read them and don't really know what the buy out and/or terms of the contract are (and you haven't either). actually reading the contracts and knowing what is in them is the best business practice. just maybe in this case keep'n Nord in the office and not letting him do anything until his contract expires is actually the best business decision that could be made.

Do I like the state of the program and where it appears to be heading, HE!! NO, but i'm not going to sit back and spew venom like I know what I'm talk'n about, when really I'm just an outsider looking in (just like you).

stay classy GATORS - :chomp:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
all I read in this thread is a bunch of :blahblah: from guys who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I guess you've personally read the contracts and know exactly how little UF's choosing to save by not cutting Nord loose a few days short of his contract's expiry date. I for one have not read them and don't really know what the buy out and/or terms of the contract are (and you haven't either). actually reading the contracts and knowing what is in them is the best business practice. just maybe in this case keep'n Nord in the office and not letting him do anything until his contract expires is actually the best business decision that could be made.

Do I like the state of the program and where it appears to be heading, HE!! NO, but i'm not going to sit back and spew venom like I know what I'm talk'n about, when really I'm just an outsider looking in (just like you).

Trux dropping bombs!!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
according to some around here it's okay because "WE GOT HUGHES, HE'S THE MAN!!!!!!!"....while not realizing that sending "support staff" makes us look like a ****ty low-budget, third rate program which players do take notice of.

You think I am going to commit 3-4 years of my life to a program who can't even send out the coaches I'll be led by? If I was an OL recruit and I saw Hughes pull up, I'd tell him to leave and call up Mac and tell him if that's who he is sending then I have better places to visit and go play at.

You can't tell me that programs aren't negatively recruiting that angle. Drew Hughes just visits an OL recruit, Florida State recruiter walks in and simply says "[recruit name], family, would you trust your son and his career to a program that doesn't even send in the coach you will be playing for? Would you want your son to play for a coach who has no sense of urgency or care in the world? I don't think so, come join us where you will have a chance to play for a national title and a coach who understands what it takes to get the most out of your son rather than one who is more concerned about making PBJ's."

Hell 95% of us on this board could out-recruit our staff.

Hughes seems to have success when he is out there recruiting. I'm not saying he is the man, but is he an upgrade over Summers/Nord... yeah... I actually think he is.

If you look at the list of schools without a coach you'll notice that a lot of schools are in this situation. Clemson, Michigan, Auburn...

I'm not saying I like it... shoot... I'm still pissed we didn't end up with Locskley, but there is no guarantee the coach that recruits you is going to be around for 4 years or even 4 months after you sign your LOI. Kids know this and so do parents... recruiting decisions are bigger than one coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

You obviously have no clue how the business world works. In the real world, you would part ways with said individual and either pay out his remaining contract or give him some type of severance. Everyone knew his contract was up at the end of Jan. Make the proper changes in staff in Dec or right after the bowl game. It looks like Mac never intended to extend him. If that is true then bring in the new guy. Cut Nord loose. Either we were too cheap or Mac is too much of a puss to hurt his friend's feelings. Mac is NOT cut out for the SEC.

It is funny to see other pumpers claim you slayed or dropped bombs on anyone from their trailers. Mac, the proclaimed QB whisperer can't even get a top QB prospect here worth anything. He is going to leave the program in worse shape talent-wise than when Muschamp left. That is frightening.

Carry on...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Proactive, be prepared, BOB ready is not in Macs modus operandi.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You obviously have no clue how the business world works. In the real world, you would part ways with said individual and either pay out his remaining contract or give him some type of severance. Everyone knew his contract was up at the end of Jan. Make the proper changes in staff in Dec or right after the bowl game. It looks like Mac never intended to extend him. If that is true then bring in the new guy. Cut Nord loose. Either we were too cheap or Mac is too much of a puss to hurt his friend's feelings. Mac is NOT cut out for the SEC.

It is funny to see other pumpers claim you slayed or dropped bombs on anyone from their trailers. Mac, the proclaimed QB whisperer can't even get a top QB prospect here worth anything. He is going to leave the program in worse shape talent-wise than when Muschamp left. That is frightening.

Carry on...

Despite your depth and breadth of opinion on how wrong the program is operating, nobody is asking for your opinion from the UAA. How odd.

You are the most miserable person I've seen on this site in a long time. There are other miserable souls, but none who can spout the crap you do over and over without getting tired of hearing themselves regurgitate their own sht. Whatever award or trophy you're going for, I hope you win it. You've certainly put in the work for it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Despite your depth and breadth of opinion on how wrong the program is operating, nobody is asking for your opinion from the UAA. How odd.

You are the most miserable person I've seen on this site in a long time. There are other miserable souls, but none who can spout the crap you do over and over without getting tired of hearing themselves regurgitate their own sht. Whatever award or trophy you're going for, I hope you win it. You've certainly put in the work for it.

Another person that doesn't like hearing the truth, eh? Too much reality for some of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.