Nord news (credit williston gator)

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You obviously have no clue how the business world works. In the real world, you would part ways with said individual and either pay out his remaining contract or give him some type of severance. Everyone knew his contract was up at the end of Jan. Make the proper changes in staff in Dec or right after the bowl game. It looks like Mac never intended to extend him. If that is true then bring in the new guy. Cut Nord loose. Either we were too cheap or Mac is too much of a puss to hurt his friend's feelings. Mac is NOT cut out for the SEC.

It is funny to see other pumpers claim you slayed or dropped bombs on anyone from their trailers. Mac, the proclaimed QB whisperer can't even get a top QB prospect here worth anything. He is going to leave the program in worse shape talent-wise than when Muschamp left. That is frightening.

Carry on...

YOU obviously have no clue how the REAL business world worx.. in the REAL business world every option is considered, starting with reading the contract and knowing EXACTLY what is in it and what outs are available. I TRUST that UF's UAA lawyers have read said contract, along with the NCAA guidelines (that I'm more than confident you have not read either) and have made the best decisions based on said guidelines, and SOUND business practice.

it's very easy for you to sit on the outside and think you know what is going on and what is best, but in REALITY, you are doing nothing more than taking an uneducated guess. I may be wrong and maybe you have read the NCAA guidelines and the contracts, but I'm willing to bet that you haven't.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
frogboil.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
YOU obviously have no clue how the REAL business world worx.. in the REAL business world every option is considered, starting with reading the contract and knowing EXACTLY what is in it and what outs are available. I TRUST that UF's UAA lawyers have read said contract, along with the NCAA guidelines (that I'm more than confident you have not read either) and have made the best decisions based on said guidelines, and SOUND business practice.

it's very easy for you to sit on the outside and think you know what is going on and what is best, but in REALITY, you are doing nothing more than taking an uneducated guess. I may be wrong and maybe you have read the NCAA guidelines and the contracts, but I'm willing to bet that you haven't.

Total BS. Mac didn't want to hurt his buddy's feewings or we are too cheap to buy him out. Do you think it is a sound recruiting practice to be handicapped going into the final stretch?

Nevermind. You're CLUELESS. And so is anyone that supports your ridiculous stance.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Total BS. Mac didn't want to hurt his buddy's feewings or we are too cheap to buy him out. Do you think it is a sound recruiting practice to be handicapped going into the final stretch?

Nevermind. You're CLUELESS. And so is anyone that supports your ridiculous stance.

Wait. You actually believe he didn't want to hurt feelings? :lol: I always thought that was a joke.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wait. You actually believe he didn't want to hurt feelings? :lol: I always thought that was a joke.

Is there another reason Nuss has a job? They are buddy buddy. Anywhere else or anywhere that expects results I should say...Nuss would've been canned after the SEC title game. Two triple digit offenses. Go ahead...tell me I don;t know. Hahahahah! No one knows. I know that our offense sucks.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is there another reason Nuss has a job? They are buddy buddy. Anywhere else or anywhere that expects results I should say...Nuss would've been canned after the SEC title game. Two triple digit offenses. Go ahead...tell me I don;t know. Hahahahah! No one knows. I know that our offense sucks.

Maybe Nuss is a "yes man" and will do everything Mac tells him, and this is truly Mac's offense. The reality is that none of us know why Nuss is still around.

Heck, Mac may actually think Nuss is a good OC as laughable as that may sound. To suggest that Mac won't can Nord (soon to be let go of anyway) and Nuss because he is "buddy buddy" with them is absurd and a huge reach.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Nord's contract is a non-issue. They could tell him his current "other duties as assigned" is to stay home and look for another job. As long as UF pays him according to what the contract says, until it runs out, he has no beef. (And that's only a month or two, apparently.) Or they could accelerate all of the remaining amounts into a single payment.

What's going on is inscrutable, but Nord's contract isn't part of the problem.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mac may actually think Nuss is a good OC
I don't really see how any of us could feel otherwise. He stated it unequivocally during a presser last month when asked about the futility of the offense. Said that it had nothing to do with Nuss and that given the situation they inherited, Nuss has done an excellent job. Now a coach could say that, and then a month or 2 later the offensive coordinator leave for a lateral or lesser position "unexpectedly" and everyone would realize the HC was just keeping things in house, but that certainly doesn't appear to be the case here.

I'll take a flyer on it until spring practice, but if he's still calling plays once the spring starts, then there is no longer any doubt about how Mac views Nuss.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really see how any of us could feel otherwise. He stated it unequivocally during a presser last month when asked about the futility of the offense. Said that it had nothing to do with Nuss and that given the situation they inherited, Nuss has done an excellent job. Now a coach could say that, and then a month or 2 later the offensive coordinator leave for a lateral or lesser position "unexpectedly" and everyone would realize the HC was just keeping things in house, but that certainly doesn't appear to be the case here.

I'll take a flyer on it until spring practice, but if he's still calling plays once the spring starts, then there is no longer any doubt about how Mac views Nuss.

Can't disagree here. Has nothing to do with being friends lol, he either thinks he's a good OC or will be making a change at some point.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can't disagree here. Has nothing to do with being friends lol, he either thinks he's a good OC or will be making a change at some point.

The change needs to include Mac himself if he really believes that. Him and Nuss will either have Franks or Trask ready to play at a pretty good level resulting in a pretty good season despite the defense falling off some or they won't and Mac should be canned at the end of the season for allowing it to get to that point. I guess there is one other possibility and that is Mac and Nuss are crazy enough to trot Del Rio back out there as the starter which will 100% guarantee a mediocre season.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coming from the guy who thinks Mac won't fire them because they are "friends" :lmao2:

Dude, this is what's funny. Mac is too nice. He's not cutthroat enough. I suppose you want me to prove that to you? LOL. Holy crap you pumpers are fools.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, this is what's funny. Mac is too nice. He's not cutthroat enough. I suppose you want me to prove that to you? LOL. Holy crap you pumpers are fools.

I'm not sold on Mac at all nor am I happy with where we are at. If that makes me a pumper because I don't assume things I don't know, then so be it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'm not sold on Mac at all nor am I happy with where we are at. If that makes me a pumper because I don't assume things I don't know, then so be it.

When will you learn that rex has inside info and talks to the staff daily. He knows exactly what they are thinking and knows why things do and dont happen. Maybe if he would share some of those cell phone numbers, we could all be so well informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.