Nord news (credit williston gator)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rex and Chris Ferguson should go work for FSU and UGA, they could negative recruit the **** out of us

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rex and Chris Ferguson should go work for FSU and UGA, they could negative recruit the **** out of us
I don't know who Chris Ferguson is, but if you think other teams need anything more than game film to negative recruit us then you're crazy.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
You obviously have no clue how the business world works. In the real world, you would part ways with said individual and either pay out his remaining contract or give him some type of severance. Everyone knew his contract was up at the end of Jan. Make the proper changes in staff in Dec or right after the bowl game. It looks like Mac never intended to extend him. If that is true then bring in the new guy. Cut Nord loose. Either we were too cheap or Mac is too much of a puss to hurt his friend's feelings. Mac is NOT cut out for the SEC.

It is funny to see other pumpers claim you slayed or dropped bombs on anyone from their trailers. Mac, the proclaimed QB whisperer can't even get a top QB prospect here worth anything. He is going to leave the program in worse shape talent-wise than when Muschamp left. That is frightening.

Carry on...
That's not how the real business world works. As written above, you don't have a clue what the contract says re: early termination or remedies in the event of a default. You can't assume his contract says UAA could fire him and only be liable for the amount of his salary from now to Jan 31.

In your business world you'd fire someone 2 weeks before his contract is up and have to pay whatever the termination fee is or have him sue you for whatever damages the default provisions allow? Wouldn't you rather use that $ to pay the new staff?

Not a chance in hell a business owner does what you said. You let him ride it out until the contract expires on Jan 31.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The change needs to include Mac himself if he really believes that. Him and Nuss will either have Franks or Trask ready to play at a pretty good level resulting in a pretty good season despite the defense falling off some or they won't and Mac should be canned at the end of the season for allowing it to get to that point. I guess there is one other possibility and that is Mac and Nuss are crazy enough to trot Del Rio back out there as the starter which will 100% guarantee a mediocre season.

I agree that the HBC is responsible, but without a decent oline, blitz pickups, receiver play even a great QB will struggle. It is a team sport and execution is important. A healthy Del Rio combined with a team around him might work pretty well, if he is the only QB to get game time I would have a big problem with that especially against lesser teams.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's not how the real business world works. As written above, you don't have a clue what the contract says re: early termination or remedies in the event of a default. You can't assume his contract says UAA could fire him and only be liable for the amount of his salary from now to Jan 31.

In your business world you'd fire someone 2 weeks before his contract is up and have to pay whatever the termination fee is or have him sue you for whatever damages the default provisions allow? Wouldn't you rather use that $ to pay the new staff?

Not a chance in hell a business owner does what you said. You let him ride it out until the contract expires on Jan 31.

Ride it out? Down a recruiter? Only if you are cheap and don't want to pay whatever the clause states. Or you force him a la summers. You pumpers are giving Mac and Stricklin too much of a pass here. That's fine but at least admit it.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My entire career has been in a performance based industry. I can't even imagine an employer allowing me to stay on, potentially disrupting, or intentionally destroying, client relationships on my way out the door simply because it might save him a few bucks. The risk of major damage is just too great. And that's a great snapshot of the mindset under this staff. They simply don't get the business side of things. It's evident in literally every decision we make.
My philosophy is basically, Nice guy? I don't give a sh!t. Good father? Fck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse, you c0cksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a chance in hell a business owner does what you said..
Stick with being an author maybe youre good at that.

While Im sure that Fooley wrote terrible contracts and didnt cover the univeristy's interests and omitted basic terms which I suspect some might conclude represented professional negligence by whatever attorney drafted that trash, the is no excuse for not firing Nord, Summers and Nusschamp. The value of the contract is the value of the remaining month. Im not going to bother you with economic breach theories but you have no right to not being fired and penalties that exceed your remaining expectancy under the contract arent enforceable. Contingencies like bowl wins etc have already been fulfilled.

Several on the staff probably could be fired for cause. You cant be well below average and think that you cant be fired.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, well. Firing Mac after 2 years of providing the high # of wins second only to Alabama would defame
UF's football program in the eyes of CFB professional circles. Babble all you want; but such quick removal
would turn off the CFB coaching professionals.

Can anyone imagine sending t-rex to talk our new "sure-hit" HC into joining up with Gator Nation?
I think I'd send pumpers not doomers.??

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
YOU obviously have no clue how the REAL business world worx.. in the REAL business world every option is considered, starting with reading the contract and knowing EXACTLY what is in it and what outs are available. I TRUST that UF's UAA lawyers have read said contract, along with the NCAA guidelines (that I'm more than confident you have not read either) and have made the best decisions based on said guidelines, and SOUND business practice.

it's very easy for you to sit on the outside and think you know what is going on and what is best, but in REALITY, you are doing nothing more than taking an uneducated guess. I may be wrong and maybe you have read the NCAA guidelines and the contracts, but I'm willing to bet that you haven't.

Said person has no idea how the real world works because said person is still in high school... or living in his mother's basement.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
Foley didn't draft any contracts himself, numbnut$, so why are you whining about Foley writing contracts and not covering UF's interests? That's not speculation on my part, it's first-hand knowledge. You should try that sometime, but it'll be uncomfortable for you at first.

Sure, you know what the value of the contract is b/c you have a lot of experience in that area, right? You've done a lot of these deals and are pretty familiar with concepts like "Early Termination Fees" and liquidated damages in the event of a default? Your "pay one month" concept reeks of inexperience and cluelessness.

You don't know how the contract defines a "for cause" termination, but that didn't stop you from laying down the 411, did it?

Do you actually KNOW anything about this stuff, or do you just start a post and let your emotions lead the way?

To round it off, your speculation about me was wrong, too. I am, in fact, an absolutely putrid author! I mean, my stuff is terrifically bad!

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
Well, well. Firing Mac after 2 years of providing the high # of wins second only to Alabama would defame
UF's football program in the eyes of CFB professional circles. Babble all you want; but such quick removal
would turn off the CFB coaching professionals.

Can anyone imagine sending t-rex to talk our new "sure-hit" HC into joining up with Gator Nation?
I think I'd send pumpers not doomers.??
I've only had t-rex blocked for a couple of hours, but it really does improve the experience here.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rex the last two days:

43e19dfc49c04da14dbf2649b0a6352e.gif

Yeah... He's become even more.... well..... Rex-ish here lately. I literally just went and put him on ignore just a minute ago. He is the first and only person I've ever done that to... but just...ENOUGH ALREADY... Pretty damn liberating to be honest...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My philosophy is basically, Nice guy? I don't give a sh!t. Good father? Fck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse, you c0cksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted.
Saban... Is that you???

I had no idea Saban poses as 'Pasty on GatorChatter... No wonder that sumb!tch is always one step ahead of us...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Foley didn't draft any contracts himself, numbnut$, so why are you whining about Foley writing contracts and not covering UF's interests? That's not speculation on my part, it's first-hand knowledge. You should try that sometime, but it'll be uncomfortable for you at first.

Sure, you know what the value of the contract is b/c you have a lot of experience in that area, right? You've done a lot of these deals and are pretty familiar with concepts like "Early Termination Fees" and liquidated damages in the event of a default? Your "pay one month" concept reeks of inexperience and cluelessness.

You don't know how the contract defines a "for cause" termination, but that didn't stop you from laying down the 411, did it?

Do you actually KNOW anything about this stuff, or do you just start a post and let your emotions lead the way?

To round it off, your speculation about me was wrong, too. I am, in fact, an absolutely putrid author! I mean, my stuff is terrifically bad!

WHY THE HELL SO MUCH ARGUING ABOUT THE DAMN CONTRACT OF A DAMN SH!!TTY COACH??? CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE GLAD HE'S GONE?!?!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've only had t-rex blocked for a couple of hours, but it really does improve the experience here.
LOL... I just blocked him a few minutes ago. The first and likely the last person I'll ever feel inclined to block...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Saban... Is that you???

I had no idea Saban poses as 'Pasty on GatorChatter... No wonder that sumb!tch is always one step ahead of us...
Glengary Glenross...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb