North Korean War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GMDGator, Dec 1, 2017.

1. GMDGator

GMDGator Slick Willie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $124
    Ratings:
    +1,511 / -102
    "Congress has already sanctioned North Korea and measures associated with its new status as a state sponsor of terrorism will also begin to take hold over time. In addition, the Trump administration should identify and clearly communicate a set of escalating, non-military consequences, including renewed propaganda efforts aimed at the beleaguered North Korean people, that Kim Jong Un's regime will face unless it returns to the negotiating table."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/opini...h-north-korea-opinion-gallego-lieu/index.html
    Beyond the saber rattling, it appears that the Trump administration is taking the steps to lead us toward a war on the Korean Peninsula.

2. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $375
    Ratings:
    +3,209 / -11
    Now that they have a missile that will reach your house, what are the realistic options to dealing with NK?

3. Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.

Oxbucks:
    $42
    Ratings:
    +1,097 / -10
    So they want to revert back to **** that hasn't worked since Clinton? Sanctions, propaganda, ****ing brilliant. Hey, maybe Obama could send over James Taylor. Take out their silos or hit em with an EMP.

4. GMDGator

GMDGator Slick Willie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $124
    Ratings:
    +1,511 / -102
    I thought of KSA gathering their coalition towards a ME war over the last few days and it seems we are doing the same on Korea... @Detroitgator I would love to hear your take on it.

5. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    So two members of the party that has fought to defund every and any foray into more sophisticated missile defense, especially for ICBMs, now say we should do something about it?

I think the article is garbage. It completely ignores how we got to this point, then calls for a policy that is more of what got us to said point and calls for systems that their party has fought since "Star Wars."

I actually say that Trump is doing all the things they are calling for, they just don't like the "how" of it.

As for if war happens, I'm already on record here as saying the issue is no longer one of "protecting our allies" like ROK and Japan, it now, as a result of 30 years of failed policy is a matter of protecting OURSELVES and if that means that 1,000,000 ROKs die in the process, so be it.

I'm too busy to nuance all that, but it really doesn't require nuance. Again, the article is garbage, and so is the notion that "Trump is taking us to war." At least three Presidents before him have "taken us to this potential war" and he's changed the conversation, that's all.

PS I'd say this last launch was more a finger in China's eye than ours given the timing.

6. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $181
    Ratings:
    +4,467 / -87
    Good....it will be quick and painless for us and BOOST the economy by firing up major payers in the defense industry.....

7. GMDGator

GMDGator Slick Willie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $124
    Ratings:
    +1,511 / -102
    Quick and painless... :lol:

8. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    Meanwhile, on the other front you mentioned...
    https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/1.826265

9. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
  10. GMDGator

GMDGator Slick Willie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $124
    Ratings:
    +1,511 / -102
    "
    Now that the Houthis have successfully eliminated Saleh from Yemen's political scene, they are poised to swiftly consolidate their political control over Sanaa if the Saudi-led coalition does not act expeditiously. The Houthis must remember, however, that they are left with no domestic alliance or partner. They can no longer blame their de facto coalition government in Sanaa for any policy failure. With Saleh's death, the Houthis will now be responsible for any deficiencies in salaries, food, or fuel in Sanaa.

Moreover, since their seizure of Sanaa more than two years ago, the Houthis have made more enemies than friends. Their list of enemies includes: President Hadi's faction of the GPC, Islah, the Mobility Movement in the south (Al-Hirak), Saleh's loyalists, al-Ahmar family, and many tribal leaders. All these Yemeni actors may have no other option than unite with the common goal of defeating the Houthis and liberating Sanaa. It remains to be seen whether the Islah party and al-Ahmar's family will forgive Saleh's family and faction and breathe new political life into the anti-Houthi forces. After all, they had been Saleh's strongest allies for more than two decades until the Yemeni uprising of 2011. Regardless of the immediate impact of Saleh's death, the war in Yemen has certainly taken an intriguing turn with the lives of more than 25 million civilians at stake."
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/ramifications-death-yemen-saleh-171205080651133.html
    Interesting clip on the consolidation....

11. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    There are only two parties that matter: the GCC and Iran