Not gonna get Dan Mullen now

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen is now a hot name in coaching circles cause Miss St is flying high so there is no chance we would be able to lure him away at this point as he will want to stay in Starkville and keep building on what he has built at Miss St. We probably could have had him 4 years ago but oh well now. Not sure who we could get next if this season plays out like most of us think it will with Muschamp being fired after we go 5-6 on the year.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Most HC's in the SEC have some sort of clause that would not allow a lateral move within conference, so it is moot.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He is not building anything at MSU beyond this season. They're a Sr. laden team and he will be very much in a rebuilding mode next year. This is no different than James Franklin knowing it was time to start throwing his name out there last year. If he's going to make a move, it will be this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even imagine how effective Mullen would be here trying to run his QB-up-the-middle 30 times game with Treon and Grier. :yawn:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n77187 said:
He is not building anything at MSU beyond this season. They're a Sr. laden team and he will be very much in a rebuilding mode next year. This is no different than James Franklin knowing it was time to start throwing his name out there last year. If he's going to make a move, it will be this year.

If he leaves Cowbell, he'll head to Ann Arbor.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n77188 said:
I can't even imagine how effective Mullen would be here trying to run his QB-up-the-middle 30 times game with Treon and Grier. :yawn:

He wouldn't. Just like he modified his offense in '05 and '06 while he and Meyer were amassing their guys, he'd have no problem finding a way to make our offense function with the current group.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n77189 said:
If he leaves Cowbell, he'll head to Ann Arbor.

SEC credentials, but with a much easier (East) path, and in the hotbed of talent that fits his system. He wouldn't have that in Ann Arbor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ann Arbor? I agree. That would be interesting with Creyer just down the road.

As for him here, zero chance. They just spent the last few years trying to clean us of the stench of the past regime and patting Mush on the back for cleaning it up.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n77200 said:
SEC credentials, but with a much easier (East) path, and in the hotbed of talent that fits his system. He wouldn't have that in Ann Arbor.

I'm assuming he can't move within the SEC.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n77206 said:
I'm assuming he can't move within the SEC.

I haven't heard anything about that. His an,e has been mentioned on numerous occasions regarding our impending vacancy.

And I'd be shocked if he signed a contract at MSU that contained a clause that he couldn't leave for an Ala, Lsu, UF type job. Nobody would ever agree to,that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hope you are right sofla, but I can't see any AD in the SEC not putting a clause in that prevents a move within conference.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He might be able to "move" to the other division....especially since they are not paired up every year

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is from the Northeast, so he may want to go back there, but who knows. I've never really heard anyone talk about his dream job. I do think he will be gone after this year. He will lose a ton of talent and it's too hard to reload at Miss St. He'll be due a huge pay day after the season is over.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I see no reason why he couldn't succeed here. He helped us win 2 championships and people are saying his offense stinks... Even Spurrier doesn't win every game

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather have the other Mississippi coach. Mr freeze, even though I don't think he'd come here

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IF we were to fire WM, and IF Foley looks for another coach. I am sure Mullen would leave Cowbell to come here. Never heard of a clause in a contract for such keeping him away from here. Then again Coaches and contracts.....we all know how that goes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n77212 said:
Hope you are right sofla, but I can't see any AD in the SEC not putting a clause in that prevents a move within conference.

This clause does not exist

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n77308 said:
I'd rather have the other Mississippi coach. Mr freeze, even though I don't think he'd come here

Freeze is a Miss guy and that is his dream job. Listen to the post game after Bama and you will understand he isn't leaving that school.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We can do better than Mullen. He's done absolutely nothing until this year and will return to form next year when all those seniors are gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator