Not gonna get Dan Mullen now

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Jbossgator8;n77153 said:
Dan Mullen is now a hot name in coaching circles cause Miss St is flying high so there is no chance we would be able to lure him away at this point as he will want to stay in Starkville and keep building on what he has built at Miss St. We probably could have had him 4 years ago but oh well now. Not sure who we could get next if this season plays out like most of us think it will with Muschamp being fired after we go 5-6 on the year.

Ever been to Starkville? I can't imagine anyone willingly staying there. It amazes me that they can get kids to actually choose to go to school there.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to Mullen, even if it is a one year wonder, we all know the HC has to orchestrate all the parts, delegate correctly and embody the teamwork/everyone get along philosophy in the organization... you know, the things the University of Florida Football Program has not at this time.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure I want Mullen here. Miss State was wanting to run him out of town until this year. I want an established name this time. No one hit wonders or first tim HBCs. I could be wrong though. I loved the Muschamp hire.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
soflagator;n77187 said:
He is not building anything at MSU beyond this season. They're a Sr. laden team and he will be very much in a rebuilding mode next year. This is no different than James Franklin knowing it was time to start throwing his name out there last year. If he's going to make a move, it will be this year.

Exactly. There are two coaches doing well in the SEC with programs, and that is Mullen and Bielema. The problem is, it isn't sustainable in those places. You could probably make that argument with Freeze in Ole Miss as well. I think Bielema is a hell of a coach that could be a star at the right program. There are a ton of quality head coaching candidates out there right now with actual HC experience. I hope Foley fires Muschamp early and gets a head start on some of these guys.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm laughing at the people who think Mullen would stay at Miss St. I'm still not convinced that I woulf want him as our head coach even if he wins the NC this year. Much in the same way I wouldn't want Gene Chizik.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless, Foley needs to hire someone with HC experience, period. No more training-wheels, learn-on-the-job bull ****.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be alright with Gary Patterson

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Strong or Mullen will never come here. Never! When Meyer left he wanted to get Mullen or Strong the starting gig here, but Foley said no and got his own guy "Muschamp". The bridges are already burned between Strong/Mullen with Foley.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n77538 said:
Exactly. There are two coaches doing well in the SEC with programs, and that is Mullen and Bielema.
Bielema? Hasn't Arky lost like 15 straight SEC games?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Zambo;n77643 said:

He inherited trash and is turning things around. I don't see us playing Bama or A&M that close. We get killed and did when we played Bama. Things are improving quickly there. He has a solid history of winning with the Badgers.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n77183 said:
Most HC's in the SEC have some sort of clause that would not allow a lateral move within conference, so it is moot.

Since when?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n77643 said:

He lost by one point the same team that blew us off the field.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we could do better than Mullen but at this point he's better than what we have now.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
"Mullen, the former Florida offensive coordinator under Urban Meyer, is 42-28 at Mississippi State. The Bulldogs were 23-48 in the six seasons before Mullen arrived."

nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.