Not one baseball playoff thread (please join the rant)

Dec 10, 2014
Baseball is in the midst of what should be the most compelling time of its season. The playoff run. There hasn't been one thread on it on this forum unless I missed it.

I only like baseball in that it is important to my father. I've gone to countless games with him from the time I was a kid to now. I enjoy those experiences, but I could care less about the sport.

A sport where you can interview the manager in the middle of a pivotal world series game bothers me. A sport where the often fat, old managers dress up in the outfits of the players is ludicrous. The amount of games, the size of the salaries/contracts, the new stadiums every year is just overkill. If it weren't for the need for so much TV filler on all these networks, baseball would more of an afterthought than it is.

Lastly what I hate about baseball is its inability to change. The fact that its most compelling part of the season goes into football season is absurd. Keep the Boys of Summer in the Summer and you may have more support with a world series that ends before the NFL/NCAA kick off.

I know this is a Gator forum, but I was shocked to not see one thread yet. (unless you count the recruiting thread). I'm frankly glad of it. So here's your obligatory thread baseball. Your'e welcome.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please post threads like this in the lounge from now on. Playoffs in sports besides football have no real meaning.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The World Series in November is a joke. Not having World Series games in the daytime is a joke. Not having scheduled doubleheaders during regular season due to greedy owners wanting extra gate is a joke. Paying $25 now for a seat that a decade ago was $8 is a joke. Not having Pete Rose or Shoeless Joe Jackson in the HOF is a joke.

Baseball at the pro level is a joke. At least it is still watchable in the minors, college, and Legion ball.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Braves suck. The Rays suck. The Marlins suck.

Why watch?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could not agree with you more for all the reasons you stated plus the self righteous attitude of the purists. They spew their pseudo-reverent garbage about the sanctity of the game, a game that has been manipulated and compromised multiple times in the last 20-30 years. As long as the druggies and their "records" remain, I cannot support anything about the game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hoping the Cubs can prove Back to the Future II to be correct. I'm not a Cubs fan or anything, but since the Marlins are absolutely horrendous, I gotta have a bandwagon to hitch my ride to. Last year it was the Royals, this year it's the Cubs.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n284737 said:
The Braves suck. The Rays suck. The Marlins suck.

Why watch?

haha.gif

Go Royals!!
KC-Royals-Logo-300x220.jpg

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Rays not in playoffs...don't care.

Bucs have a rapist clown as their QB...don't care about them either.

All I have is my Gators and the Lightning. At least hockey starts in two weeks.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Professional baseball sucks, and has sucked for a long long time.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
This thread provides ample reason as to why you don't see any baseball threads on this board. It's clear that most posters aren't fans so why start a thread that would be filled with "baseball stinks" responses. I acknowledge the appetite of the majority and simply look elsewhere for baseball discussions.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n284747 said:
Hoping the Cubs can prove Back to the Future II to be correct. I'm not a Cubs fan or anything, but since the Marlins are absolutely horrendous, I gotta have a bandwagon to hitch my ride to. Last year it was the Royals, this year it's the Cubs.

3GkdRj-carlton-sees-a-rainbow-gif-Nkmf.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Baseball clubs need scantily clad buxomed cheerleafers waving their butts around... you know -- for the kiddies.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That NL Central Division is brutal - 3 best records in baseball right now.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I look at the standings and scores everyday but I'm not passionate about any team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.