Note on Zaire

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he graduated ND early, then he's obviously a smart guy. If he plays and helps us win, great.
That said, you know it has to hurt our recruiting at the position to continue to take transfers and plug them into the starting lineup.
Not sure that it really hurts our recruiting to add transfers...just shows that playing time is available. Our putrid offense is what is killing recruiting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You can't do your own burn dweeb. It doesn't work that way.

You can choose to believe what you want to believe. Nuss was gone last year and it fell through for reasons we have yet to determine. I know that you are so far up Law's ass that you can tickle his nuts but just because he thinks Mac and Nuss are joined at the hip don't make it so.
So you're convinced Mac couldn't get rid of him? If what you're saying is true, then Mac should've said "either he's gone or I am". I can assure you any HC worth his salt would not be forced to retain one of the worst performers in the country. That's why I don't buy it. He's Mac's hire and his built-in scapegoat for making it to year 4 of mediocrity.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can't do your own burn dweeb. It doesn't work that way.

You can choose to believe what you want to believe. Nuss was gone last year and it fell through for reasons we have yet to determine. I know that you are so far up Law's ass that you can tickle his nuts but just because he thinks Mac and Nuss are joined at the hip don't make it so.
If the head coach at any school wanted to fire a coordinator after 2 seasons finishing ranked in the hundreds that coordinator would be fired.

Maybe he did reach out to a potential replacement and that fell through but that does not mean he wasn't allowed or able to fire him.

He choose to keep him or he wouldn't still be here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread IS Gatorchatter. How can you not love this place? :lol:

Think about it: a thread this lively, with this many posters, on a Thursday in the middle of July. No other Gator board has anywhere close to this much going on right now.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: I think I remember the episode with SQ. Was Sasquish on that episode?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
This thread IS Gatorchatter. How can you not love this place? :lol:

Think about it: a thread this lively, with this many posters, on a Thursday in the middle of July. No other Gator board has anywhere close to this much going on right now.

So when the thread went south why didnt you tell posters they could have chose to not read it or post in it? Just wondering....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So when the thread went south why didnt you tell posters they could have chose to not read it or post in it? Just wondering....
Because THAT'S exactly what happens in the echo chambers on other boards.

This place rulz!

:headbang:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hey, guess what, Ive never seen the playbook and yet I can tell Ivey where to lineup on every play. Find the dude who hikes the ball, pass that dude to his left then lineup there.

SIMPLE!

Unless it's an unbalanced line. Then not so simple.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I've definitely been hanging around this place too much when this thread just seems normal. Twelve people would have been permabanned on TOS in this thread alone. They are probably seriously thinking about banning me because I am too negative. LOL

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Perhaps our players have been too unprepared to call more than 10-plays. Perhaps Nuss and Mac want to do more but know the players can't handle it. Perhaps Franks isn't grasping it enough to beat out the transfer, despite being thoroughly trained by two QB gurus.

"There are no bad teams, only bad leaders". Or, Perhaps Nuss just sucks and Mac's at fault because he isn't a good leader. I'm in this camp.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I read the tweet in the OP as Ivey needs to learn the damn playbook!! Why is a QB who literally JUST ARRIVED ON CAMPUS telling a 3rd year player where to line up?????? :D

When a QB calls the Mike he is telling the O-line who to block. That has nothing to do with a OL knowing the playbook. To put it very basically, the QB is supposed to identify the Mike, let the OL know who it is and then they center the blocking on that player.

QB's tell the OL who to block on a routine basis. Even in the NFL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When a QB calls the Mike he is telling the O-line who to block. That has nothing to do with a OL knowing the playbook. To put it very basically, the QB is supposed to identify the Mike, let the OL know who it is and then they center the blocking on that player.

QB's tell the OL who to block on a routine basis. Even in the NFL.

Settle down. It was a f'ing joke.... JFC!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he graduated ND early, then he's obviously a smart guy. If he plays and helps us win, great.
That said, you know it has to hurt our recruiting at the position to continue to take transfers and plug them into the starting lineup.
Sure it does look somewhat bad but we have to win now. If that happens the winning should take care of the recruiting.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've definitely been hanging around this place too much when this thread just seems normal. Twelve people would have been permabanned on TOS in this thread alone. They are probably seriously thinking about banning me because I am too negative. LOL

The only way you get banned around here is for being too positive. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb