Nueheisel comments on McElwain/UF offense

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Coach Mac is a good offensive mind/coach. He was severely limited with his options/playcalling due to our roster deficiencies especially pertaining to depth and offensive personnel. He has worked diligently at fixing these problems and imo has done a good job. He has and continues to build depth everywhere and I think we are going to turn some heads in the years to come offensively and are primed for offensive prowess!
Lol
No

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Welp I guess we find out this season what we got. Mac has built up some key positions on offense like Oline and WR....we also appear to have the most talent at RB that we've had in several season's, Gilly and Jones in 2012 maybe, ......My point is this, we finally have a complete offensive team to aid with the development of a young QB, line, back and receivers, SSSSOOO can we all agree that if we don't see improvement in QB play this season that we may have the wrong guys coaching them?

Better hit fall camp running Coach Mac because those stonewall defenses WM brought in won't be there to save a 17-14 lead against Midwestern Eastern Wyoming State.....and if you can't put up against some of the big boys you're gonna get run out of town......Make it or break it time in my mind.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His yards per game higher under Muschamp
Yards per att higher under Muschamp
Touchdown to interception higher under Muschamp
Qb rating higher under Muschamp
Rushing yards
Rushing yards per carry
Rushing touchdowns all higher under Muschamp
you can't throw out one stat and say he wasn't more productive.

Gatorskin, also they had 6 games of film on Treon, at that point DC's can find his tendencies... while looking at the stats do you remember that in 2014 he had four NFL draft picks infront him on the line (and one undrafted Free Agent).. in 2015 not a single guy that should have been starting at in the SEC at the time. I love people that say but, but Treon... Treon played in 6 games for Muschamp, 6. What do most DC say they need to find tendencies in NCAA quarterbacks 6 games. If you are a DC with Florida on your schedule, are you not going to take a look at those 6 games before the season?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welp I guess we find out this season what we got. Mac has built up some key positions on offense like Oline and WR....we also appear to have the most talent at RB that we've had in several season's, Gilly and Jones in 2012 maybe, ......My point is this, we finally have a complete offensive team to aid with the development of a young QB, line, back and receivers, SSSSOOO can we all agree that if we don't see improvement in QB play this season that we may have the wrong guys coaching them?

Better hit fall camp running Coach Mac because those stonewall defenses WM brought in won't be there to save a 17-14 lead against Midwestern Eastern Wyoming State.....and if you can't put up against some of the big boys you're gonna get run out of town......Make it or break it time in my mind.

60% of the roster is his, it's put up or shut up time... so far his history says it will not go well.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

My understanding was 2018 was the year

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My understanding was 2018 was the year
:lol: I'm not as patient as some others I guess.
I would have to say though I'd be a lot happier looking toward 2018 if I saw a major improvement from QB play as well as a big improvement in red zone performance. We may be stuck with Mac until 2018 but I think we find out what he's made of next year.
Obviously if we start seeing the same sh!t show into the 4th and 5th game I would form a search party but I don't think our AD has the balls.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
60% of the roster is his, it's put up or shut up time... so far his history says it will not go well.
I would tend to agree but in all fairness UF was in a strange place when he took over regarding roster management. A young QB needs quality linemen and skill players around him at this level so I give him a slight pass there aside from his mismanagement with WG....I won't open that can of worms though.....So I don't think it will take very long to find out, maybe a few games into the season....All I can say though is if we look the same it's gonna be miserable for a while until changes are made.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would tend to agree but in all fairness UF was in a strange place when he took over regarding roster management. A young QB needs quality linemen and skill players around him at this level so I give him a slight pass there aside from his mismanagement with WG....I won't open that can of worms though.....So I don't think it will take very long to find out, maybe a few games into the season....All I can say though is if we look the same it's gonna be miserable for a while until changes are made.....

Which is why I say this year is the year we will know what we have with this staff. Still think the Offensive staff needs restructuring. We now have a line with veterans in a number of positions and depth for the first time in 3 years (losing 4 NFL draft picks and 1 UFA hurt on the line hurts). This will be the year, we know if we are moving forward or starting on a short list of candidates.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2017 and/or 2018, we need a better S & C coach, adding a physiology-kenesiology assistant to make our players more resistant to injury.

Above all we need Nutsmired out and a firebrand at OC. New OC will probly have to be a youngish one 'cause the longer consistent OCs are looking at HC promotions. Unless we hire long multi-experienced Kerwin Bell as Gator OC. Can you imagine the energized excitement Kerwin would bring in himself plus exciting involvement of Spurrier -- bet Spurrier wouldn't feel he had to avoid "interfering" with the Offensive Co-ordinator. I could just see those Kerwin-Spurrier skull sessions again. Talk about QB development U: we'd know whichever QB took the field, the Gator offense would be in the best hands (or out he'd come). Bet Kerwin plays golf = more ideas talk-time ... maybe a 70 on their scorecard wouldn't be so outlandish.

We're at the perfect point for KB = bounds to be better than Nutsmired. Amarite??

Sorry, I forgot to take the bolding off.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2017 and/or 2018, we need a better S & C coach, adding a physiology-kenesiology assistant to make our players more resistant to injury.

Above all we need Nutsmired out and a firebrand at OC. New OC will probly have to be a youngish one 'cause the longer consistent OCs are looking at HC promotions. Unless we hire long multi-experienced Kerwin Bell as Gator OC. Can you imagine the energized excitement Kerwin would bring in himself plus exciting involvement of Spurrier -- bet Spurrier wouldn't feel he had to avoid "interfering" with the Offensive Co-ordinator. I could just see those Kerwin-Spurrier skull sessions again. Talk about QB development U: we'd know whichever QB took the field, the Gator offense would be in the best hands (or out he'd come). Bet Kerwin plays golf = more ideas talk-time ... maybe a 70 on their scorecard wouldn't be so outlandish.

We're at the perfect point for KB = bounds to be better than Nutsmired. Amarite??

Sorry, I forgot to take the bolding off.

No apology needed rog. We're used to your bold posts by now.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorskin, also they had 6 games of film on Treon, at that point DC's can find his tendencies... while looking at the stats do you remember that in 2014 he had four NFL draft picks infront him on the line (and one undrafted Free Agent).. in 2015 not a single guy that should have been starting at in the SEC at the time. I love people that say but, but Treon... Treon played in 6 games for Muschamp, 6. What do most DC say they need to find tendencies in NCAA quarterbacks 6 games. If you are a DC with Florida on your schedule, are you not going to take a look at those 6 games before the season?
Nobody is saying Treon was a good Qb I'm saying he was at least serviceable if our oc actually knew how to utilize a mobile Qb

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is saying Treon was a good Qb I'm saying he was at least serviceable if our oc actually knew how to utilize a mobile Qb

Treon wasn't even serviceable once DC's had game film on him. Especially if he didn't have draft picks infront of him. There was a reason every other D1 school wanted him as something other than a qb. Muschamp got the ceiling, you could tell every defense after game six changed their approach. Safeties didn't go past 15 yards, the corners jammed the receivers and stayed in the flat. Mike would stay just past the line of scrimmage (similar to what the Bucs used to do with Vick). DC's knew his limitations and we didn't have a answer.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes. I think we already know we have the wrong OC.
Well I'm kind of wondering if his superior can cover or help him to get this thing off the ground...I respect loyalty to a fault myself but at some point you gotta give them a swift kick in the ass or a swift kick out the door. If this is in fact the limiting factor then it's the generals call....or the generals fall..

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well I'm kind of wondering if his superior can cover or help him to get this thing off the ground...I respect loyalty to a fault myself but at some point you gotta give them a swift kick in the ass or a swift kick out the door. If this is in fact the limiting factor then it's the generals call....or the generals fall..
We Know Mac is getting 2018. I just can't see Nuss being retained, loyalty or not, if he doesn't produce this year. I have my reasons but I also put a lot of stock in MaryAnn's sources that Nuss was gone last year and it fell through.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Yeah, i would think it we suck balls again offensively, Mac would feel the heat and have no other choice but to make nuss the sacrificial lamb. I am just really curious how the mega pumpers would spin another year of ineptitude. Going to be an interesting year fellas

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:lol: I'm not as patient as some others I guess.
I would have to say though I'd be a lot happier looking toward 2018 if I saw a major improvement from QB play as well as a big improvement in red zone performance. We may be stuck with Mac until 2018 but I think we find out what he's made of next year.
Obviously if we start seeing the same sh!t show into the 4th and 5th game I would form a search party but I don't think our AD has the balls.....
Red zone, Fcking red zone. I give Nuss exactly one game to figure that shlt out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.